Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 02 2010, 01:15 PM
Account Not Linked

I've noticed that too when I've been hired either to harvest or plow and there are others also harvesting. There will still be harvesting left and they just stop and ask to plow. They don't even bother to finish the harvesting first. I was hired to plow once there were three people harvesting when I got there. I guess they were mad the farmer didn't hire any of them for the plowing because they all left with only half the work done.
Old Jun 02 2010, 08:36 PM

Just had to share this...hope it's the right place. I hired someone to harvest a very large field of pineapples. Only hired this one person. This is what happened.
We both arrive at my farm.
Me Chat: You will need to hide the trees to get all the fields. Thanks for the help.
Me: watching watching watching her harvest (she was very slow).
Me Chat: Are you done? I can still see two rows of pineapples.
Her Chat: I can't hide your trees for you. That's your job. Can I plow now.
Me: WOW. You must be really new. (The attitude kept me out of kindly teacher mode).
Her: NO, just smarter then (THEN not THAN) you.
AND then she left. I was flabergasted. Hope I spelled that right.
I have been harvesting and plowing for myself ever since. It's not worth it.
But it is a little bit funny.
Old Jun 02 2010, 08:49 PM

i have had issues recently that have left me mad as well. i figured out a way around this though. over the last few weeks anyone who has done a good job for me (i have 4 farms and lots of work every day...) i let them know i am pleased and then ask if they play enough for me to add them as a buddy so i can hire them again and again and again...most say yes but some only play once and a while and so it isn''t worth it. so i have built myself a nice work crew using my buddy list.

the other thing i have noticed now i understand that this is not always the case so don't get mad...but i noticed that people who harvest in lines instead of all over the place often finish and do a good job. and so if someone starts harvesting all over the place more often than not the job doesn't get finished.

so to avoid bad workers, build up a good supply on your buddy list and save yourself lots of frustration! i think if a "fire" option was added it would get abused as well so i tried to figure out a way around this issue using what i have which has worked very well for me!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...g&ref=unk:fsig
Old Jun 02 2010, 09:11 PM
Account Not Linked

I don't understand those that harvest all over the place. I've seen that a lot. I always wonder if they're not looking at the screen and just click away. They never finish either, they either leave or just wait to be hired for plowing. Oh well more coins for me.
Old Jun 02 2010, 10:32 PM

Default Rudeness

Just wanted to say that the reason *some* or perhaps *many* people prefer to work alone is not selfishness but rather that they don't want to be unnecessarily interfered with in their work. When several people are harvesting or plowing the same farm together, it seems only reasonable that each start in a different section of the farm and eventually meet at the center or wherever. But some people will go to a huge farm, watch and see where the other worker started, and then go right there to that area and start hacking at random (with harvesting tool or plow, as the case may be) in front of them or around them. That's happened to me so many times. I'll just leave the scene and go to a far corner and start over ... whereupon the other worker will follow me and start the hacking at fields around me. I've been told that this is a very successful technique for driving other workers off and getting the whole farm to yourself. Apparently the farmer who hired the workers cannot control such behavior, cannot "fire" an obnoxious worker, or isn't supervising.
Old Jun 02 2010, 10:41 PM
Account Not Linked

So that's why I get followed around sometimes. I've always wondered about that. and here I thought it was my magnetic personality. Thing is I'll move the first time but if they follow me again I stay right there. Most of the time the other person will leave for another section. Now ya tell me I was supposed to leave completely. I like being able to help other farmers and they help me (plus earning coins and xp) but people like this really ruin it for others. Hmmm just had a thought I wonder if the rude workers ever read these forums.
Old Jun 03 2010, 10:50 PM

I've been having such a hard time trying to hire people lately. I go to the marketplace and it's all people saying they need workers, hardly anyone says they will work even if you say you have a great crop for them with plow after. Where are they all? It took me forever and a couple different MPs to find someone who would do it this morning.
Old Jun 04 2010, 02:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

So - I hired someone to harvest, and she left after a few rows.
I went back to the MP to find someone to finish, and the same person was there asking for work! (she had a very unusual 2-word name, so i know it was her). I asked her why she walked off the job, and she acted all innocent asking me the particulars of the job, like she couldnt remember - it was 4 minutes ago! you remember!
I can't fathom why someone would do that!

I also hired someone who harvested about 12 plots, of a large farm with nothing but crops. then he stood there. ten minutes went my, so i hired someone else, who harvested the whole farm, and asked to plow. So I hired the second farmer to plow. The first guy woke up out of his trance, and asked to plow, reminding me that when I was at the MP i had said "harvest and plow". If I could, I would have hired him to plow exactly the plots he harvested - about 12. but I ignored him.

I've hired people to harvest who tell me they don't do trees, because 'it's not worth it". And then they want to plow. my response is that I don't hire people to plow who don't do trees - it's not worth it.

My biggest frustration is farmers who hack away at a few trees and say they're done. 90% of the time i have to go back and harvest a ton of tress that were missed. When I hire someone who actually DOES the trees, I add them to my buddylist to hire again.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 04 2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy too View Post
My biggest frustration is farmers who hack away at a few trees and say they're done. 90% of the time i have to go back and harvest a ton of tress that were missed. When I hire someone who actually DOES the trees, I add them to my buddylist to hire again.
finding someone who does trees well, is very hard!! I have around 800, i plan on counting on the next full harvest of trees. I'm waiting right now for more of them to get done, i've got so much stuff going in my factories, i can't add a lot more.
Old Jun 04 2010, 06:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I go to the market to hire and I get hired pretty quickly instead. I have found that if I work their farm and ask if they want to work mine, they usually do. Or if I get hired the same time as another farmer ( and they are doing a good job), I ask that person and they usually will accept.

I love harvesting trees! It's very relaxing... I zoom in and look for the yellow highlights of the "ready to harvest" tree and click away...

DB:W20, MPS:C20