Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2021, 06:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationBreeze View Post
Can't get the game to load. I get a black bacground with a white cube and that's it
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell466 View Post
I use Chrome as my main browser. The new HTML5 version of the game will not load on my computer.
Hi RevelationBreeze and Dell,
The first time you open the html version it is slow as it must download all of the graphics for the new version.

Make sure your browser is up to date.

If you have any plug ins or extensions running like an adblocker or one that resets Facebook back to the old layout (not limited to just those) you will need to disable those. If you do disable one then be sure to close and reopen your browser.

The only other thing I can suggest right now is to try a different browser and see if it will load.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 06:54 PM

Default Visuals in new HTML5

I seem to be having the opposite problem than others I have read about. I have my screen set at 75% but down below the farm where the tool box is found, the chat box, etc. are about 1/3 the size of my whole farm. I can't even see the right side to get to the tool box and there's no scroll bar to move the screen over. It's the same whether I use Chrome or Opera.
Old Jan 01 2021, 06:58 PM

Thank you for all your hard work. I know this has to be a big challenge for all of you. I pray you guys have a wonder and blessed New year 2021.
Old Jan 01 2021, 07:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjetta View Post
I seem to be having the opposite problem than others I have read about. I have my screen set at 75% but down below the farm where the tool box is found, the chat box, etc. are about 1/3 the size of my whole farm. I can't even see the right side to get to the tool box and there's no scroll bar to move the screen over. It's the same whether I use Chrome or Opera.
Hi Conjette,

You can not set it below 100% and see everything on the farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 07:04 PM

Default Missing purple hand designer

I have two of the hand designers, but the purple hand is missing. I know you have a lot of kinks to work out, but wanted to let you know of this problem. Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!!!
Old Jan 01 2021, 07:05 PM

Hi Taz,

I think that the issue is that the particular column in my toolbox is the only one that has more than 2 pages. I can get the icons for the tools to appear but then if I scroll that column they will disappear. I can work with this as you can still select the tools when they appear. It is only on one laptop, tried another with same Win 10 and Chrome builds and the tool icons appear as they should. The only difference is the screen resolution. Non working laptop is 1920*1024 and the working laptop 1366*768. I changed the non working laptop to the same res but no change (cleared browser history etc).

The main difference between the screen resolution is that at 1366*768 the icons (in the top right corner) display the same size as the Flash version did.

Kind regards

Dafdawg
Old Jan 01 2021, 07:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Same problem with html5 version--tiny at 100%zoom on Chrome

I'm having the same problem as many others with very tiny icons, farm grid, etc. I'm on a Dell XPS 13", Win 10, Chrome at 100% zoom, 3200x1800 res. Screenshot attached but it would only allow a small attachment so don't know how helpful it will be. For now I'm happy using flash for as long as possible. Going from one farm to another works okay, newly planted crops are showing okay. I didn't try anything else as it is hard to see.

Laura
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FT-HTML5-sm.jpg (99.0 KB, 12 views)

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by lauralmarie; Jan 01 2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typos
Old Jan 01 2021, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftdawg View Post
Hi Taz,

I think that the issue is that the particular column in my toolbox is the only one that has more than 2 pages. I can get the icons for the tools to appear but then if I scroll that column they will disappear. I can work with this as you can still select the tools when they appear. It is only on one laptop, tried another with same Win 10 and Chrome builds and the tool icons appear as they should. The only difference is the screen resolution. Non working laptop is 1920*1024 and the working laptop 1366*768. I changed the non working laptop to the same res but no change (cleared browser history etc).

The main difference between the screen resolution is that at 1366*768 the icons (in the top right corner) display the same size as the Flash version did.

Kind regards

Dafdawg
Hi Daft dawg,
The developers are looking at changing how the scroll works for the toolbox, so wait and see what they come up with.
Old Jan 01 2021, 07:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralmarie View Post
I'm having the same problem as many others with very tiny icons, farm grid, etc. I'm on a Dell XPS 13", Win 10, Chrome at 100% zoom. Screenshot attached but it would only allow a small attachment so don't know how helpful it will be. For now I'm happy flash for as long as possible. Going from one farm to another works okay, newly planted crops are showing okay, I didn't really try anything else as it is hard to see.

Laura
Hi Laura,
The developers are looking at the size problem for the items on the farms.
Old Jan 01 2021, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Downy View Post
I have two of the hand designers, but the purple hand is missing. I know you have a lot of kinks to work out, but wanted to let you know of this problem. Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!!!
Hi Ms Downy,
I moved your post to the thread about the html version. The purple hand has not been added yet. It is not a problem as it was planned to not be added yet.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl