Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Apr 30 2018, 07:21 AM

Memcache didn't help but I've tried other browsers and did not get the slow pop ups. Seems to be a problem with chrome.
Old May 27 2018, 04:31 PM

Hi All!!! I was going through the frustrations with many of you: Slow loading, difficult to plant crops esp on quest farm with a little of each crop, etc. Going to full screen was frustrating with the black screen for approx 3 seconds. After days of 'Remind me later' of the Windows 10 update (this was the huge one), I finally implemented it. Everything went back to normal and I am a bit relieved, to say the least!! My heart was tiptoe-ing through the tulips!
Old Jun 06 2018, 10:38 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

ft seems to be really sluggish today... taking forever to do the work...have done all the standard things etc.. hoping it will improve as the day goes on... not a complaint, just an observation..
Old Jun 06 2018, 11:35 PM

There seems to be trouble with flash player or something because my friend has uninstalled flash reinstalled it, reset the computer, ran the memcache, went offline and did everything she knows even cleared the cache from computer and restart browser still really slow is something transitioning now? On my farm I had 10 min to do train and 12 min to send out and I had to send out before train was done. Train still had 5.6 min left? This sounds odd to me that I had 12 min left to send out train but had to send out 6 min earlier then time. I should have had 2 min to spare. Anyways please help us farmers we have been farmers probably over 10 years now.
Old Jun 06 2018, 11:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
There seems to be trouble with flash player or something because my friend has uninstalled flash reinstalled it, reset the computer, ran the memcache, went offline and did everything she knows even cleared the cache from computer and restart browser still really slow is something transitioning now? On my farm I had 10 min to do train and 12 min to send out and I had to send out before train was done. Train still had 5.6 min left? This sounds odd to me that I had 12 min left to send out train but had to send out 6 min earlier then time. I should have had 2 min to spare. Anyways please help us farmers we have been farmers probably over 10 years now.
Hi texans,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about the game running slow since it has nothing to do with a quest problem. Please in the future try to pick a thread to post to that fits your problem.
As far as we know nothing is being updated on the Farm Town servers.

It could be that you are having some internet slowdown problem that is beyond our control. You go through many links between your computer and the Facebook app server and then more links between there to the Farm Town servers. You might try restarting your modem to see if that helps. Could be something in the modem is slowing you down.

I am not sure what you mean by having 12 minutes left to send out train. There isn't any time limit for the trains except to wait to unload until they come back.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 07 2018, 12:11 AM

Sorry don't know how....Anyways the Boat is what I meant having 12 min left before going I got a message of the train being done I go there and there was about 6 min left before it was done. However Boat was ready to leave in 2 min so I sent it without being able to put the extra one on. I guessed I missed some because never have I got over 12 min since beginning. Oh well... Just figured my friend needed to know if you had reports of other people having slowness today really sluggish she always goes to offline when this happens. I will tell her the news.... Thanks...It would be nice to explain how to post to a particular thread cause I always just have come to this spot because it is for Help and you have always moved it so anyways that help would be nice too. Any other plans to improve Farm Town because Flash is dead in 2020.
Old Jun 07 2018, 12:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
Sorry don't know how....Anyways the Boat is what I meant having 12 min left before going I got a message of the train being done I go there and there was about 6 min left before it was done. However Boat was ready to leave in 2 min so I sent it without being able to put the extra one on. I guessed I missed some because never have I got over 12 min since beginning. Oh well... Just figured my friend needed to know if you had reports of other people having slowness today really sluggish she always goes to offline when this happens. I will tell her the news.... Thanks...It would be nice to explain how to post to a particular thread cause I always just have come to this spot because it is for Help and you have always moved it so anyways that help would be nice too. Any other plans to improve Farm Town because Flash is dead in 2020.
Hi texans,
This thread in the Forum Guide section explains how to post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635854

For your ships if you are doing 1 per day and not skipping any then the times should be down to 4 to 6 minutes for each container, so you should be able to do a ship in just over an hour and not be pressed for time.

The developers will migrate Farm Town to a different display format long before Flash is due to be dropped.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 07 2018, 09:48 AM

Default Maintenance?

Does server do this every morning cause sometimes my farm doesn't load at around 6am pacific time. Im just trying to rule out what's going on at this time a day. If it's some kind of maintenance going on game or facebook.
Old Jun 07 2018, 10:49 AM

I'm experiencing problems with Facebook right now. It will load, then it won't, but as you can see, I'm on the internet. I checked "Is it down right now?" which told me Facebook is up, but probably not for me. This has been going on since about 10:15 EDT. I was able to finally get Farm Town to load, but then the "connected" icon was flashing red and green. However, I could load other websites in other tabs without trouble.

And I said all that because I'm frustrated, please forgive me, mods. But also it might help others not feel alone.
Old Jun 07 2018, 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larwin View Post
Does server do this every morning cause sometimes my farm doesn't load at around 6am pacific time. Im just trying to rule out what's going on at this time a day. If it's some kind of maintenance going on game or facebook.
Hi larwin,

As far as I know there isn't any maintenance done at a regular time by the Farm Town servers.

Tags
adobe flash plugin crash, farmtown too slow, flash player, shockwave, shockwave plug-in, slow, slow game