Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 04 2012, 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
Sorry to disagree, but having 5 concurrent quests is a very sucessful way to play. The opening of additional quests doesn't slow down any of the others. I complete each of them quickly, trying to earn the maximum.

BTW - you can't string quests out to accumulate 5 because the average quest expires in less than 5 days. The longest I've had is 4.9 days.

My point is that as a beta tester, I'm pointing out what I consider a problem.
You can't get to 5 concurrent quests UNLESS you have a bunch of long quests that you can't complete because you don't have the facilities.

I have all the facilities and tools and I can't get to 5 concurrent quests. I thought the idea was to reward the higher level players
I have had quest for 7 and 8 days, so there are longer term quests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 05 2012, 10:30 AM

How stupid is it to have a "gift" lifeline for a quest that nothing can be gained via gifts? "Produce Nylon Reel"... Exactly what part of that is available through gifts? I now have four open quests and cannot complete a single one because I do not have the required FC-only facility.
Old Mar 05 2012, 10:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Angry Asleep at the keyboard

Good news is, I finally made it to level 30 and got my first quest; bad news is, the quest requires a sawmill which isn't available until level 44. Dingaling!!! Wake up devs!!!
Old Mar 05 2012, 03:20 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminalist View Post
How stupid is it to have a "gift" lifeline for a quest that nothing can be gained via gifts? "Produce Nylon Reel"... Exactly what part of that is available through gifts? I now have four open quests and cannot complete a single one because I do not have the required FC-only facility.
you can do an ingredients request and get what you need gifted when people work it
Old Mar 05 2012, 04:45 PM

I dont' think they are the same. The developers seem to choose a quest for something you do not own already. It is purely marketing to get you to buy other items using farm cash. I am a level 310 player and have attempted 3 quest all have requested I do something I do not have that cost farm cash. The life line if not working for me.
Old Mar 05 2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuster View Post
I dont' think they are the same. The developers seem to choose a quest for something you do not own already. It is purely marketing to get you to buy other items using farm cash. I am a level 310 player and have attempted 3 quest all have requested I do something I do not have that cost farm cash. The life line if not working for me.
I've done 75 quests now across two sets of farms. They are still running on a 50/50 balance of farm cash required quests and those that require only facilities costing coin. They can't be more fair than this, and they are generated as random quests.

The life lines do work, but are not designed to 'finish' the last stage of a quest for you. I have used them sometimes to obtain products needed as a component of a quest, but sometimes you have to think outside the square to work out how best to use it for the ingredient you require.

Old Mar 05 2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminalist View Post
'Nylon Reel' is produced in the Petrochemical Plant which is NOT a farm cash facility. If you have that plant on your farm, you can click on 'open', then beside the 'nylon reel' box - bottom left hand side of the window. You then click on the + sign and a window will open which then gives you the option to post a message to facebook asking for ingredients to make nylon reels.

When a facebook friend 'sends' (aka 'gifts') you the ingredients, you take it out of your gift box, store it in your facility manager, and then you can go to your petrochemical plant, open it again and click 'start batch' on Nylon Reel.

It's not stupid, and it does work. The quest are intended as a challenge.

Last edited by HelenJS22; Mar 05 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old Mar 05 2012, 07:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I have had quest for 7 and 8 days, so there are longer term quests.
LOVE THOSE QUESTS!! Just completed one for 8 days, completed it in 1 day and made 15,000,000 coins!
Old Mar 05 2012, 07:24 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Love the Quests!!!! so far collected 300,240,000 coins from completing them..the faster you complete a quest the more coins you get...1 at a time is fine with me, otherwise I would not get any sleep!!!! have done 43 so far...all successful...thanks devs...keep up the good work!!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 05 2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
Love the Quests!!!! so far collected 300,240,000 coins from completing them..the faster you complete a quest the more coins you get...1 at a time is fine with me, otherwise I would not get any sleep!!!! have done 43 so far...all successful...thanks devs...keep up the good work!!!
Sometimes I wish we had a 'like' button