Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > Suggestions

Old Mar 25 2013, 08:27 PM

Default Ways to Improve the hiring process

Hello Everyone, the Developers would like to thank everyone for the suggestions in the past , they have made a note of all the current requests and have asked us to reset all the top posts and start afresh. All previous requests have been archived.

Please continue to post NEW suggestions.

In another effort to streamline these threads and to make all members feel comfortable with posting suggestions, comments or replying to suggestions is not allowed and will be removed.

Please use this thread for suggesting ways to improve the hiring process. However, please bear in mind that with the many changes that have already been made to the hiring process a "fire" option is not going to be added as an option to the game.
Old Mar 24 2018, 10:42 AM

This may have been suggested before, but on fuel, I think our SNs should be allowed to use our fuel doing our farms. I find I am using my one neighbor's small amount of fuel that she struggles to produce before my millions of gallons when I plant her farms. Also one of my super neighbors accidentally unclicked her production in her refineries and is low on fuel now. I want her to be able to use mine when she does my farm so she can build her supply back up. I'd like both Super Neighbors to use my fuel instead of exhausting their own. Having that choice would be great.
There used to be a place where we could choose to allow hired farmers use our own furl but i cannot find it,and then come to find out when we could do that it used the neighbor's fuel anyway. I think this should be changed so that we can choose whose fuel we use, our own or our "employer" if they so agree. I would let SNs use mine working and not make poorer lower level neighbors have to give me their fuel.It seems unfair that a low level farmer has to have their hard earned fuel run out before she can access mine.I should be able to click and allow my neighbor to use MY fuel when they harvest or work my farms. Both of these in question are super neighbors and we should have the choice to allow SNs to use o fuel when working another's farm. Is this possible??.

Last edited by RIAP27; Mar 24 2018 at 08:37 PM. Reason: For clarity. I mistakenly wrote the wrong suggestion.
Old Mar 26 2018, 04:38 AM

Default "Use My Fuel"

The last 6 or so work requests I've accepted had "use my tools" and "use my fuel". However, when I get on their farm, it is in fact my fuel that is being used.

Don't know whether it's a glitch, or an oversight in unchecking the box when their fuel runs out,, but the situation is occurring regularly.

It would be a good idea if checking the "use my fuel" box could be linked somehow to the actual quantity of fuel the individual actually has. In the event there isn't actually any fuel left, a information box pops up letting the person know they don't have fuel.

It's deceiving to get to someone's farm and watch your own fuel supply depleted when the job was accepted on the premise of using their fuel.
Old Mar 26 2018, 12:30 PM

Default Second Hiring Marketplace?

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way for you to create another Marketplace, for newbie farmers only?!

I was at the Market place the other day and wanted to be hired, because I used to love harvesting other farms to see what ideas folks had.

I kept being hired by very new farmers who had "sprinkley" little crops of trees or flowers scattered here or there. It didn't make it worth while searching all over their farms for individual items.

Even after I asked for "big jobs", they hired me to harvest their crops, but of course, their farms were really small ...

"How big, is big?" That's in the eye of the beholder.

If there was a marketplace for newbie farmers, maybe they would be more compatible for each other? Also, they might be able to exchange ideas about how to play the game?!
Windows X, 64-bit
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9540&farm_ix=Y

Old Mar 28 2018, 05:28 PM

Why not make it the default that the hiring farmer's tools are available to the hired farmer to use? I can see why the fuel is optional, as that's a consumable. But the tools don't wear out or break down, so I don't see why the farmer needs to have a choice in letting the worker use them. Just have them available to the person who's been hired. That way the game can just select the best tool for the job.
Old Apr 08 2018, 07:43 PM

Me again.

The work and hire markets are full of sad farmers trying to get work. I know; I'm often one of them!

It occurs to me that FT could alleviate this problem to an extent by accommodating the desire for an "unwither" function in FT.

I'm not a big fan of "unwither" as it seems a bit magical. However, it has been frequently asked for and it would be useful, especially where players have been unable to access their farms for a while. *cough* server maintenance *cough*

If FT made unwithering available only through hiring another farmer through the marketplace, and not by using superneighbours, and maybe restricted it to a third to half of the crop, that might encourage players to come to the marketplace to hire.

Just a thought.

Another way to encourage hiring rather than relying on superneighbours might be to give hirers a share in the accumulated bonus. We need hirers in the marketplace!

Alternatively, why not make it possible for farmers to choose between getting Large crops and getting extra XP? Every crop I grow goes straight into my facilities, so Large isn't of any help to me at all.
Old Apr 10 2018, 07:18 AM

How about giving super neighbors hired for decorating access to storage? There are many things like moving trees that are easier done if you can get them out of storage and use your multi tool to place them. If this person is allowed to use your coins and buy stuff then they are trusted enough that they could get in your storage. TY!!

And to add to this.....if they are trusted enough to harvest, plant etc why can't they have access to ALL the farms for decorating?

Last edited by Jean's Farm; Apr 10 2018 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Add more to it.
Old Apr 11 2018, 09:51 AM

Hello All-I have an idea, since you already have set up the tools to pop up after being hired to what we are hired for, on an employer's farms i.e. Hired to harvest flowers and the flower tool pops up after their first farm is loaded. What about having the water irrigation tool to pop up first when their flowers are completely dead? There's a lot people who don't water their flowers and it takes time to have to first hover over tool belt, click on irrigation tools, click to water, click off, hover over tool belt again and click on flowers tool. That is 6 steps before we can actually start harvesting their flowers. Maybe even hired to water them if there is 2/5 water drops left? Whatever you think will be good. We would be able to harvest their flowers much faster especially when ppl have over 5 farms with flowers. (I always have my flowers watered), ty.
Old Apr 20 2018, 03:20 AM

When hiring from the market I always have use my tools checked. There are time when I hire someone new to the game and they do not know how to get my tools. It would be nice if you could have it so it would always be the tool to use if it is bigger than theirs.
Old May 11 2018, 09:45 AM

How about getting rid of the "are you sure?" when leaving a farm you've been hired to work on to go home? You can go straight to the marketplace from a job but not straight home, which doesn't make much sense, tbh.