Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 27 2016, 09:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
For those who think they are over clicking to move move a ship along, download and install a mouse click counter. I have the same program on both my laptop and my desktop. I'm guessing that in the big picture that the actual counting of the clicks to be able to know how many clicks were performed could be part of the frustration.

To help de-stress the monotony of clicking, put on some music and click to the beat. You'll be suprised that the clicking will be done way before the song is over.
The problem I'm having with getting my ship moving onto the next port is that my neighbor doesn't understand she has to keep clicking and clicking and clicking until my ship moves on. She said she clicked a couple times and didn't see a Send button and will try again later.
Old Dec 27 2016, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
The problem I'm having with getting my ship moving onto the next port is that my neighbor doesn't understand she has to keep clicking and clicking and clicking until my ship moves on. She said she clicked a couple times and didn't see a Send button and will try again later.
Hio Dulcinea,
I always tell them to click until it disappears.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 27 2016, 10:00 PM

Default Cargo Ships

I understand it's the holiday and some people are busy but it isn't all about that either. I have a neighbor who has my ship at her port for 3 days. Apparently she is having problems with her internet. These kind of interruptions, day to day life and obligations will make it difficult for ships to move forward.

I also question why the need for 30 ports. With all these issues it seems 30 ports are a bit much.
Old Dec 28 2016, 08:32 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hio Dulcinea,
I always tell them to click until it disappears.
Yes, I did that and she took care of it. I'm sure she'll enjoy the ships herself once we all get a hang of it. But it delayed my ship in her port because she didn't understand she had to click until it disappeared. It's possible that may be happening, and will continue to happen, to other players as well.
Old Dec 28 2016, 08:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
Yes, I did that and she took care of it. I'm sure she'll enjoy the ships herself once we all get a hang of it. But it delayed my ship in her port because she didn't understand she had to click until it disappeared. It's possible that may be happening, and will continue to happen, to other players as well.
Hi Dulcinea,
That has happened with any new feature added to the game. It takes a while for everyone to get up to speed on how it works.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 27 2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
For those who think they are over clicking to move move a ship along, download and install a mouse click counter. I have the same program on both my laptop and my desktop. I'm guessing that in the big picture that the actual counting of the clicks to be able to know how many clicks were performed could be part of the frustration.

To help de-stress the monotony of clicking, put on some music and click to the beat. You'll be suprised that the clicking will be done way before the song is over.
I still think it's not a good idea to require so much. It's not just the monotony, it's really not good for us physically. That may sound like a dweeb response or something but I take physical health seriously. I don't have any debilitating physical conditions that have made me unable to use a mouse but I have enough "twinges" that I am conscious of wanting to limit the number of mouse clicks to make sure I DON'T go down that path. I think if I knew I had to click 100 times, I'd feel pretty torn. I'd definitely WANT to help the neighbor, but not sure it would be worth it.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 28 2016, 09:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I still think it's not a good idea to require so much. It's not just the monotony, it's really not good for us physically. That may sound like a dweeb response or something but I take physical health seriously. I don't have any debilitating physical conditions that have made me unable to use a mouse but I have enough "twinges" that I am conscious of wanting to limit the number of mouse clicks to make sure I DON'T go down that path. I think if I knew I had to click 100 times, I'd feel pretty torn. I'd definitely WANT to help the neighbor, but not sure it would be worth it.
As it is, clicking 10 times per ship (if that's really the maximum, as some have said they've had to click more) is about the limit of what I'd be willing to do to move ships on. So far I've only had one come in to my port, and it only took 3 clicks, I think. But I'm not about to install a mouse clicker. Clicking over and over and over on one button is just silly. I really think it should be one click per ship, if the developers really want this to work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 28 2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
As it is, clicking 10 times per ship (if that's really the maximum, as some have said they've had to click more) is about the limit of what I'd be willing to do to move ships on. So far I've only had one come in to my port, and it only took 3 clicks, I think. But I'm not about to install a mouse clicker. Clicking over and over and over on one button is just silly. I really think it should be one click per ship, if the developers really want this to work.
I have just had to click 51 times to clear a neighbours ship! That is really excessive.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Dec 28 2016, 11:29 AM

Not sure about these ships. I thought they were supposed to go to the players who are on a lot first. Mine is sitting at a port for 3 hours now!!!! The people who play a lot are down towards the bottom!!!
Old Dec 28 2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I have just had to click 51 times to clear a neighbours ship! That is really excessive.
The moderators said they were aware of it taking some farmers more than 10 clicks yesterday and also said they have asked Raul for clarification on it. I certainly agree 51 is quite a bit excessive!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Closed Thread