Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 21 2017, 03:15 PM

Anyone know why the URLs are so long now when copying the link to post facilities in groups????
Old Jul 21 2017, 04:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCM View Post
Anyone know why the URLs are so long now when copying the link to post facilities in groups????
Hi FCM,
You will have to ask Facebook about that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 21 2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
the links have been super long like that for about a week or so. lovely facebook changes.
Old Jul 22 2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
It may have something to do with how Facebook fixed the problems with the posts. For a few days the majority of us could not post facility help and ingredient requests. They fixed the problem with Farm Town, but some other games are still having similar issues. Since this is not a Facebook forum though, very few of us would know for certain.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Jul 23 2017, 02:59 AM

I had a problem when I received a gift from someone in the Neighbourhood Chain contest. The pop up menu saying who had sent it to me faded out but left a faint shadow and I could not click on the farm behind it. I solved that by restarting. I cant test it again unless someone sends me a thank you gift in the NC contests. (EDIT - my Ingredient Planner is working fine now)

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; Jul 23 2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old Jul 23 2017, 12:48 PM

The latest test version is still leaving large numbers of animals behind on our farms when using the Tower Crane to store them and reducing the number remaining by as little as 2. I only know it's still an issue - which I thought had been addressed several versions ago -because I forgot to add hundreds of peacocks back when the bowler hat and other feather items were introduced. Since part of the reason for the newer versions is speed, this also should be taken care of to reduce the number of wandering animals that need to be loaded.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Jul 23 2017, 01:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
The latest test version is still leaving large numbers of animals behind on our farms when using the Tower Crane to store them and reducing the number remaining by as little as 2. I only know it's still an issue - which I thought had been addressed several versions ago -because I forgot to add hundreds of peacocks back when the bowler hat and other feather items were introduced. Since part of the reason for the newer versions is speed, this also should be taken care of to reduce the number of wandering animals that need to be loaded.
Hi Qivis,
As far as I know the Tower Crane will only pick up 250 at a time. It will pick up less if the animals are stacked on top of each other as it can only see the top animal in the stack. For that reason you have to store them then refresh the farm and store the next batch they can see.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jul 23 2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old Jul 23 2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
As far as I know the Tower Crane will only pick up 250 at a time. It will pick up less if the animals are stacked on top of each other as it can only see the top animal in the stack. For that reason you have to store them then refresh the farm and store the next batch they can see.
It seems I have had to refresh even I can see that there are 6 pheasant on the farm, the Tower Crane says it has stored all 6, and then it asks if I really want to store all 4 when I've refreshed and tried again. In the case of one of my farms I had to refresh so many times that even though I bought less than 150 pheasant to begin with and my storage was already emptied into the shed, by the time I finished I had over 400 in storage! I thought this had been corrected months ago, but it's still happening in this test version.

Old Jul 23 2017, 10:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
It seems I have had to refresh even I can see that there are 6 pheasant on the farm, the Tower Crane says it has stored all 6, and then it asks if I really want to store all 4 when I've refreshed and tried again. In the case of one of my farms I had to refresh so many times that even though I bought less than 150 pheasant to begin with and my storage was already emptied into the shed, by the time I finished I had over 400 in storage! I thought this had been corrected months ago, but it's still happening in this test version.
Hi Qivis,
They never intended to change the stacking ability for the animals. And because of the stacking that is why the Tower Crane is not getting all of them at the same time.

I do hope you are talking about peacocks, because we don't have pheasant.

Last edited by Taz D; Jul 23 2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jul 23 2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
They never intended to change the stacking ability for the animals. And because of the stacking that is why the Tower Crane is not getting all of them at the same time.

I do hope you are talking about peacocks, because we don't have pheasant.
They were not stacked is my whole point! As for the pheasant v peacock thing, I guess my fingers were working faster than my brain since I obviously meant the latter. (Or maybe I have pheasant on the brain because I have eaten too much of the domestic variety we call "chicken" the last few days.) But 150 animals should not translate into 400+ unless somehow only male birds have learned to reproduce! After all, the female is called a peahen.

Closed Thread