Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jun 18 2012, 06:14 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
I haven't found my problem in the forum, although I really didn't kill myself searching for it. I looked, couldn't find. I had a quest to harvest things, which were not done on my farm. I grabbed a Lifeline (LOVE those things !) and it was the employee Lifeline. All good. I found a neighbor who had stuff done for me to do this. I needed one (1) sugarcane, and five (5) pineapples, which is exactly what I harvested on her farm. I only got credit for 2 pineapples. She proceeded to inform me that when you work for someone, you only get credit for one crop for every 4 or 5 you harvest .... REALLY ???

So, I asked other neighbors, and they said the same thing. When they work for someone else, there is NO SUCH THING as harvesting what is asked for .... you have to do quadruple that amount to be sure to be credited. Is that really the case ???

On another note ..... my next quest was to harvest one of each of flowers .... white carnation and the white rose. I had some on my farm 7 - frozen - so I unfroze them and harvested them. NOTHING. NO CREDIT. I did the whole 'clear cache, clear MEM, actually did a disc cleanup and defrag .... logged back in .... tried it again .... logged out, logged back in ..... still, no credit. I just now had a farm ready with flowers, so I got the ones I needed .... but my question is: If your flowers are frozen, then you unfreeze, the harvest doesn't count ??? Or is that Lifeline ONLY GOOD FOR THE QUEST I CLICKED ???

Thanks !! Just when you think you know how everything works, something happens and throws you for a loop !! LOL !!
Hi there,

When you harvest for someone you receive 10 % of the crops. That's the way it has always been, so yes, if your quest needed you to harvest 1 of anything, and you had the employee lifeline, you would need to harvest 10 to get your 10% on someone else's farm.

Frozen flowers, really depends on the stage they were frozen. It's possible that when you unfroze them, the game displayed an incorrect "ready to harvest" message, reloading the farm would have corrected it.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 18 2012, 06:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
I don't think I took you the wrong way, Sue. What I am saying is you do NOT have to do the quests on Farmtown at all. It will not hurt your game one way or the other. The quests are a way for people to get extra coins if they wish to do the quests.

What he meant by saying 14 million coins are easy to earn was if you have all the facilities needed and finish some of the quests you can earn 14 million. The least amount I've earned doing them is a little over a million and that was a simple quest.....like make flour. All I had to do was plant and harvest wheat and then start my windmill. The longer the quest takes you to complete, the more coins it gives you.

The quests that Zynga sets up on all their games, you have to do them or you can't get anywhere in the game. This game and these quests are in no way like Zyngas!!! I blocked Farmville a long time ago....walked away and never looked back. I never gave them any of my real money. I have given this game real money, tho.

Sending a request for ingredients to finish a quest on FT is just like posting for ingredients for you facilities.

I've been playing FT since May 2 of 2009....shortly after it started. I stopped for a while because back then once you hit the top level there was nothing else to do so a lot of my friends jumped ship. But I started up again when more levels and the facs came out. So I've been playing the 3 years it has been in existence and I have over 8 billion coins....and more in storage waiting to be sold. I have friends who have enough coins to purchase all the upgrades when a new farm is released.

Don't leave, Sue. FT won't make you do anything you don't want to.
OK Jean, I won't leave...just the word quests sends shudders down my spine...lol. Guess it's been 3yrs playing for me as well. I couldn't remember is this started in 2008 or 2009. I remember when it had only 32 levels and no facilities to do anything with...they just looked pretty...lol. Thanks for reassuri me that these quests are nothing like Zynga's.
Old Jun 18 2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi there,

When you harvest for someone you receive 10 % of the crops. That's the way it has always been, so yes, if your quest needed you to harvest 1 of anything, and you had the employee lifeline, you would need to harvest 10 to get your 10% on someone else's farm.

Frozen flowers, really depends on the stage they were frozen. It's possible that when you unfroze them, the game displayed an incorrect "ready to harvest" message, reloading the farm would have corrected it.
Thank you ! I forgot you only receive a percentage, I thought it was 20% .... but regardless, that solves that dilemma !! The flowers, well, I froze them when they were in full bloom, I re-loaded the farm at least three times, and ended up waiting till something was ready. I won't try that again.

Thanks!! I can always count on coming here to get the correct answers !
Old Jun 19 2012, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Sue View Post

I don't know how the one guy says 14 million coins is easy to earn, I am just under 2 million coins and have been playing for 3-4 yrs.
I post my facs and my services every couple of days and people work them. Even if just 2 people work them, when I sell the non ingredients, I make much more than 14 million coins.

If you're struggling for coins, try working other people's facs and then selling off the non ingredients because you will soon find your coins mounting up! (Apparantly people can make 50 million coins working my facs once!!)

The quests are there for a bonus, sometimes they are easy quests and sometimes there is a bit of mucking about trying to get stuff you need. Personally I don't bother but that's the good thing about this game....by not doing quests, you're not missing out on any "special" prize. (if I remember rightly FV was all about getting different animals and items not available anywhere else)
Old Jun 19 2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Sue View Post
OK Jean, I won't leave...just the word quests sends shudders down my spine...lol. Guess it's been 3yrs playing for me as well. I couldn't remember is this started in 2008 or 2009. I remember when it had only 32 levels and no facilities to do anything with...they just looked pretty...lol. Thanks for reassuri me that these quests are nothing like Zynga's.
Glad you are staying.

Sent shudders down mine when they first started talking about them, too. Then I tried them and realized I could do the whole thing without any help I was ok.

I think.....not sure....but I think the game started in April of 2009. Somewhere on here is a thread that you can post and ask your start date.

And when it first started we used to have harvest parties.....5 or 6 friends coming and harvesting a farm you had planted. No one was greedy....it was just a big gab fest between us girls. Everybody was working to get to the top level and buy the mansion. Then they all quit.
Old Jun 24 2012, 01:31 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

The quests on this game are a farce. They say you can use lifelines but that is not true, they work sometimes but not with any great regularity, mostly not!!! The gift part of the lifeline is even more useless. Because of these things as far as I am concerned ft should be banned from existence. Too many things in this game do not work and should be addressed before any more is added. The developers should be chastised for their lack of attention to detail.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 24 2012, 02:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettepair View Post
The quests on this game are a farce. They say you can use lifelines but that is not true, they work sometimes but not with any great regularity, mostly not!!! The gift part of the lifeline is even more useless. Because of these things as far as I am concerned ft should be banned from existence. Too many things in this game do not work and should be addressed before any more is added. The developers should be chastised for their lack of attention to detail.
Are you aware the gift lifeline can be used with ingredient requests as well as the normal gifts?
Just like the quests themselves the lifelines are random. That means sometimes the one you get may not help you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 24 2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:

Why should it be banned from existence??? If you want to ban any game pick a few Zynga games and ban them. Consistent problems with those games. I very rarely have any with this game. It is the only game I still play since I joined FB in 2009.

The lifelines do work for the quests. I've never had any problems with them. Neither have any of my friends.

And "lack of detail"...let's not even go there.
Old Jun 24 2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
The lifelines for our quests DO WORK. They are random and sometimes you get one that is not designed to do what you need, but that's part of the game. I have found that most people who say 'they don't work' simply don't understand HOW they work .... and those people have usually not bothered to read the release about them, or the game guide that explains them.

Old Jun 25 2012, 06:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Where do you load chocolate cookies? i have to LOAD them for a quest.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20