Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 09 2012, 08:39 PM

Thanks to the Devs for all their hard work.

Just a few comments

I am one that does not like how the train 'fades' when it is traveling...can we find another way to show it is enroute somewhere? It would be really cool if it actually traveled down a track which would show how far it has to go...but that might be too much to ask.

I would like some way to tell me when it will be back (some kind of percent thing like the barns)

Is there a possibility that the devs might make a modification in the trains so that we do not have to buy EVERYTHING. Like the semi trucks, we can indicate what we want or need w/o having to pay for everything to be produced. Example, I bot the one car just for the canvas... I don't want to have to spend my coins to pay for the stuff I don't need.

I have other concerns, but try to adapt to various quirks in hopes that one day things will smooth out and/or be corrected. Just wanted to make a few comments as they deal with the newest creations.

Thanks again
Old Jul 09 2012, 09:05 PM

When is the problem with MOVING my train engine and 1door boxcar going to be resolved...I want to move it to another farm but cannot. It is currentlyon 13 and I want to move it to 15. Also, for several months, I cannot see anybody on what used to be my default farm #1...I just wish things would get fixed before upgrades come up. It it very frustrating.
Old Jul 09 2012, 10:01 PM

Please help. I cannot find this topic in the forums:

Is there any way to retrieve the paths you set down under things so you can stack them? I have some under plowed fields when i set trees on them, now I can't get them back. Since the change, they don't pop up any more
Old Jul 09 2012, 10:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvscats View Post
When is the problem with MOVING my train engine and 1door boxcar going to be resolved...I want to move it to another farm but cannot. It is currentlyon 13 and I want to move it to 15. Also, for several months, I cannot see anybody on what used to be my default farm #1...I just wish things would get fixed before upgrades come up. It it very frustrating.
If you go back to the Problems with loading Trains thread and tell them of your problem and supply a link to your farm so they can look at your situation then they can try to fix your problem. If you need information about linking your farm to the forum click the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395854
Old Jul 09 2012, 10:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
Thanks to the Devs for all their hard work.

Just a few comments

I am one that does not like how the train 'fades' when it is traveling...can we find another way to show it is enroute somewhere? It would be really cool if it actually traveled down a track which would show how far it has to go...but that might be too much to ask.

I would like some way to tell me when it will be back (some kind of percent thing like the barns)

Is there a possibility that the devs might make a modification in the trains so that we do not have to buy EVERYTHING. Like the semi trucks, we can indicate what we want or need w/o having to pay for everything to be produced. Example, I bot the one car just for the canvas... I don't want to have to spend my coins to pay for the stuff I don't need.

I have other concerns, but try to adapt to various quirks in hopes that one day things will smooth out and/or be corrected. Just wanted to make a few comments as they deal with the newest creations.

Thanks again
You don't have to have the train "fading" when it is traveling now, just go into the setting which is the wrench and you can stop it from fading. It does tell you the percentage completed and how much time is left before it returns, just click on the train and go into the train details then click on train status.
Old Jul 10 2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I tried placing the Red train items with the new views..... I found that the angle views worked fine on the curves.... and since the curve is actually a 90 degree turn, it will only accommodate one train car at a time.

But we could use "Y" tracks and other track shapes......

and a Round House

and little people dressed in train garb and Hobo garb.

and

Farm #16

Im with you Stoneface - but I think you may need quite a few more "Farm Town Tales" before Farm 16.

When you say roundhouse do you mean a turntable to turn the locomotives round?

I would like tracks on the "diagonal" like the red train etc. (i.e. going from the north point of the farm on the screen to the south and east to west.) And getting picky yes the corners are really 90 degree turns - we could do with some curves - but I would settle for another set of tracks on the diagonal.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; Jul 10 2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Old Jul 10 2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
You don't have to have the train "fading" when it is traveling now, just go into the setting which is the wrench and you can stop it from fading. It does tell you the percentage completed and how much time is left before it returns, just click on the train and go into the train details then click on train status.
T

Thank you. I knew I should have just been a little more patient. And people say the Devs don't listen....proof that is not the case.
Old Jul 10 2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Im with you Stoneface - but I think you may need quite a few more "Farm Town Tales" before Farm 16.

When you say roundhouse do you mean a turntable to turn the locomotives round?

I would like tracks on the "diagonal" like the red train etc. (i.e. going from the north point of the farm on the screen to the south and east to west.) And getting picky yes the corners are really 90 degree turns - we could do with some curves - but I would settle for another set of tracks on the diagonal.
Yes, the Roundhouse would make for a nice optional building.... and a train station perhaps for the passenger trains. The Depot is okay... but it looks like it should be used in a remote area, like the wild west, next to the OK Corral.

Diagonal tracks would certainly be a nice addition, as well as diagonal paths and roads etc. There are lots of possible additions to train items that will probably come in the future.

As for farm 16, if the diamond layout changes to 4 across then 16 would make it 4x4. So I would rather see it go 5 across and 4 down... hehe. Then we could expect 20 farms or more
Old Jul 10 2012, 07:23 AM

Thanks so much for the great update Raul..I was away on holiday and found it waiting for me when I got home..
Quote:- Real people decorations (non animated) coming in the next release.
Yea!!...does a happy dance...You guys are awesome!!

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Jul 10 2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Yes, the Roundhouse would make for a nice optional building.... and a train station perhaps for the passenger trains. The Depot is okay... but it looks like it should be used in a remote area, like the wild west, next to the OK Corral.

Diagonal tracks would certainly be a nice addition, as well as diagonal paths and roads etc. There are lots of possible additions to train items that will probably come in the future.

As for farm 16, if the diamond layout changes to 4 across then 16 would make it 4x4. So I would rather see it go 5 across and 4 down... hehe. Then we could expect 20 farms or more
A nice station like the one in the Harry Potter films would be great - (actually that is Paddington Station in London not Kings Cross as the story says - Kings Cross is too modern looking now). One that as you say is a little less like a halt in a rural area.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Closed Thread