Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 01 2014, 10:42 AM
Account Not Linked

been away for a while and just seen all the new updates...

as ever thank you to the developers and thank you to the mods etc who help field the questions after
Old Mar 02 2014, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ok, so this is just a fun, silly thing but it DOES pertain to this release so here goes:

If you've got some of the rain clouds and lightening and stuff - especially a whole bank of them, you can run your cursor over them really fast and because things turn yellow when you run your cursor over them, it highlights the sky and gives the illusion of actual lightening. It takes so little to keep me amused at times. ; )

If you want to check it out, you can visit my Splendor 'n' Spooks farm in my sig line. Very fun.

Old Mar 02 2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The avatar has nothing to do with this release. Any more posts about that will be deleted. Please keep posts in this thread about the new release only.
Sorry, Taz. My bad. I went to the avatar thread and posted there. Still having issues with synchronicity though. Any suggestions?

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Mar 02 2014, 10:46 AM

Since last update, watering and fertilizing does not work on all farms
Old Mar 02 2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Also, this is an issue I've noticed for awhile - I'm assuming the devs already know about it. But sometimes when I click the boost button, the bottom part of the popup hides behind the footer of neighbors who've helped, which makes it non-functional because you don't have access to the Done button. I haven't isolated the steps that make it do that - happens about 15% of the time.
This just happened again and I had paid attention to my steps this time. I went to Train Status to unload, then back to Freight Cars to dispatch, then immediately back to Train Status to boost. I was in full screen mode the whole time and AFTER I clicked Boost, I clicked escape so I could get the popup. When the popup appeared, it was under the neighbors-helped footer as described above. I tried clicking tab to get to the Done button like someone suggested but that doesn't work. There's no way to close the window and start again - you have to reload. When I came back after reloading the page, I was going to see if I could replicate the error. I was in full screen, clicked on boost, then hit escape but it worked fine (i.e., didn't replicate the bug). I don't know if you have to unload and dispatch first or whether there's an unknown variable I haven't isolated yet.

Hope this helps.

P.S. This really doesn't pertain to the new release because I've noticed it for quite awhile. I just assumed others had reported it so I never did. Feel free to move this wherever it needs to go but it would be nice to know where it is so I can follow it.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫

Last edited by Farmer_Susan; Mar 02 2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added the P.S.
Old Mar 02 2014, 07:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
This just happened again and I had paid attention to my steps this time. I went to Train Status to unload, then back to Freight Cars to dispatch, then immediately back to Train Status to boost. I was in full screen mode the whole time and AFTER I clicked Boost, I clicked escape so I could get the popup. When the popup appeared, it was under the neighbors-helped footer as described above. I tried clicking tab to get to the Done button like someone suggested but that doesn't work. There's no way to close the window and start again - you have to reload. When I came back after reloading the page, I was going to see if I could replicate the error. I was in full screen, clicked on boost, then hit escape but it worked fine (i.e., didn't replicate the bug). I don't know if you have to unload and dispatch first or whether there's an unknown variable I haven't isolated yet.

Hope this helps.

P.S. This really doesn't pertain to the new release because I've noticed it for quite awhile. I just assumed others had reported it so I never did. Feel free to move this wherever it needs to go but it would be nice to know where it is so I can follow it.
Try just doing all of it from the normal screen instead of starting it in the full screen. It may be that shifting from full to the normal is why it is winding up behind it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 02 2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Try just doing all of it from the normal screen instead of starting it in the full screen. It may be that shifting from full to the normal is why it is winding up behind it.
Ok. It really hasn't bothered me that much - mostly just wanting to help by reporting a bug. I'm a software developer in my "spare time" so I know how valuable bug reporting can be.

Spare time == when I'm not playing FarmTown

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Mar 02 2014, 08:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ok. It really hasn't bothered me that much - mostly just wanting to help by reporting a bug. I'm a software developer in my "spare time" so I know how valuable bug reporting can be.

Spare time == when I'm not playing FarmTown
You don't happen to use a plugin/addon called Hacker Vision do you? If so turn that off and see if it happens again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 03 2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
You don't happen to use a plugin/addon called Hacker Vision do you? If so turn that off and see if it happens again.
I don't have Hacker Vision but I do have Chris Pederick's Web Developer Tools. When I heard that I was the only one who had reported this, I wondered if that might be the culprit. It's gotta be something I have on both machines that's atypical for other farmers. That addon isn't something I can turn off - I'd have to uninstall which isn't feasible because I use it daily. I'll just refresh my FT page when the "boost behind" window happens. Not a biggie.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Mar 03 2014, 10:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I don't have Hacker Vision but I do have Chris Pederick's Web Developer Tools. When I heard that I was the only one who had reported this, I wondered if that might be the culprit. It's gotta be something I have on both machines that's atypical for other farmers. That addon isn't something I can turn off - I'd have to uninstall which isn't feasible because I use it daily. I'll just refresh my FT page when the "boost behind" window happens. Not a biggie.
thank you and taz for mentioning Hacker Vision. went and found Blank Your Monitor for firefox and my eyes have quit bleeding from all the #FFFFFF )))
Closed Thread