Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 16 2012, 11:56 PM
Account Not Linked

i havent done any quests at all simply because i cant see what they are before accepting them. Im not going to buy multi million dollar buildings i dont want just to complete 1 quest and then sell off the building i didnt want at a loss of profit. Youll have to do better than that before im interested.
Show me what the quest is beforehand
Old Feb 17 2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheRealElly View Post
when we get the window for a quest, it would help if there was more information about what we have to do. for instance:
i just got a quest to load 3X watering can in a service facility.
i have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what facilities produce and sell the watering can. i looked at the lists here and i cant find it. it might be there but i am not spending another hour trying to find it.
i dont now if i have the facilities to make and sell it, so i am not going to bother with the quest.
now, if instead of saying load 3x watering can in "a" facility. it wouls say load 3x watering can in the "watering can store" (or wherever the hec they are sold), i would be able to determine right away if i have the necessary facilities to do the quest.

it has happened on several other quests that i had a lot of trouble, and spent way too much time trying to find out if i had the necesary facilities.

for now i am just going to do what i normally do in farmtown, and if i happen to fill a quest fine...if not ..oh well.
You actually don't have to 'figure it out' as far as what facilities to use. If you simply click on the relevant box within the quest, you will be taken to a another screen where it will show you exactly where you need to go for the facility product.

Old Feb 17 2012, 02:40 AM
Account Not Linked

I agree with most of you.
I loved the quests when they were released. Now they've added the service facilities to it and I must say I'm loosing interest. I just don't like the service facilities. I have a few of them even some cash ones, but I stopped buying them because I don't like them very much. Now I have a quest to load dress shoes. I have every single facility to make those shoes but I don't have the mini mall to load the shoes so I can't complete this quest. Now I have to wait 20 hours for the next quest.
Now here is what can be done about it. Let us know what the quest is about before accepting it. When we see we can't do the quest because we don't own the facility or facilities required to make or load the producs, we should be able to click an 'ignore' button or something like that and able to move to another quest untill we find a quest we can do and then wait 20 hours to unlock the next one.
We are also should be able to choose the lifeline. That way we at least can get the products we need from a cash facility we don't own.
Old Feb 17 2012, 10:17 AM

Default FIVE Quests that cannot be Completed

This is my fifth quest, in a row, that I cannot complete because I do not own the requiste FT $ only facility.

NOT FUN!
Old Feb 17 2012, 10:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to mary.cosgrove@yahoo.com Send a message via AIM to mary.cosgrove@yahoo.com

First let me say, I love the Quest until today. I have come upon one that I don't have a factory for to produce Vanilla Essential. What do I do now? I don't see any answers to the questions. I can't spend the money like others can, I allow my self $20.00 a month to buy what I need to make the game go faster, but the one for the Vanilla Essential would be an luxury that I can't afford. Please help
Mary Heizer Cosgrove
Old Feb 17 2012, 11:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary.cosgrove@yahoo.com View Post
First let me say, I love the Quest until today. I have come upon one that I don't have a factory for to produce Vanilla Essential. What do I do now? I don't see any answers to the questions. I can't spend the money like others can, I allow my self $20.00 a month to buy what I need to make the game go faster, but the one for the Vanilla Essential would be an luxury that I can't afford. Please help
Mary Heizer Cosgrove
You can use the lifeline that is on the quest page to receive the Vanilla Essential Oil that you need for your quest. It should allow you to either work in a neighbors facility to get it or to be able to have a neighbor gift you the Vanilla Essential Oil, if it says you need a neighbor to gift you the Vanilla Essential Oil, then you would need to go into a facility that uses Vanilla Essential Oil, like the Perfume factory or the Air Freshener factory and click on start batch of something that uses the Vanilla Essential Oil and it should tell you can't produce that item and do you want to ask friends to send you the ingredients needed. I don't know about the trading lifeline, have not read anyone that has used that lifeline yet. I hope this is helpful, I have not used the lifeline yet so I hope it is totally accurate.
Old Feb 17 2012, 12:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminalist View Post
This is my fifth quest, in a row, that I cannot complete because I do not own the requiste FT $ only facility.

NOT FUN!
Especially if your lifeline is stuck in the first quest because it didn't help with the one thing you need.
Old Feb 17 2012, 12:27 PM

This is the first time in the years I've been playing Farm Town that I am SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED with the game. I was overjoyed when we were given Quests to do, because I had honestly started to get bored with the game after getting 6th dans in every seed. I have done every Quest I've been given in a very timely fashion and been pleased with the coins I've received. TODAY, however, I was given a Quest for a facility I do not own. It is a $$$ facility that I never wanted or could afford to purchase. I am disabled and the money to spend on the game is simply not there...so I am now forced to just let this Quest go. If I can't do the Quests, the boredom will probably set in again and I may give up the game. Is this just a ploy from developers to force people to spend more money on the game???
Old Feb 17 2012, 12:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa_angel View Post
This is the first time in the years I've been playing Farm Town that I am SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED with the game. I was overjoyed when we were given Quests to do, because I had honestly started to get bored with the game after getting 6th dans in every seed. I have done every Quest I've been given in a very timely fashion and been pleased with the coins I've received. TODAY, however, I was given a Quest for a facility I do not own. It is a $$$ facility that I never wanted or could afford to purchase. I am disabled and the money to spend on the game is simply not there...so I am now forced to just let this Quest go. If I can't do the Quests, the boredom will probably set in again and I may give up the game. Is this just a ploy from developers to force people to spend more money on the game???
Depending on the quest you can use a lifeline to have neighbors help with items that you can't get due to not having that facility. You didn't give any info on the quest so don't know if a lifeline would help you or not.
Old Feb 17 2012, 01:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Regarding the post quoted above and the response: lifelines are fine until you get to the final step of a quest where you may be required to load an item in a service facility that costs Farm Cash. Many people can't afford or won't buy these facilities and it would be quite simple if a player were able to simply decline. It's very irritating to have a quest you can't or won't do automatically open over a period of days.

DB:W20, MPS:C20