Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 17 2011, 08:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by slv53 View Post
I have 126 FB credits and want to use them on my Farm Town account. How can I transfer them to FT? Any help is very appreciated!!!
Click on buy cash at the top of the game. Choose the package of fc you want to buy. The 126 credits will get the the 55fc packages and leave you 27 credits if you go with the 120 fc package you will need to buy 73 more credits. If you go with this options the pop up will ask you to buy 80 more credits that will cost you $8.00 USD. This will leave you with 7 credits left for the next time you buy fc.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 17 2011, 08:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
[font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=Navy]
Several people keep going on and on about how fb credit are cheaper then buying the fc out right, while that is technically true, the reality is it is only $.09 cheaper to use fb credits. WOW what ever will I do with that $.09 that I am saving. I don't even think that will buy me a piece of gum anymore.
Hence, why I said "a bit cheaper".

I certainly did not imply that the savings were earth shattering or enough to pay for my next cruise to the Caribbean.

This is especially important when taken in the context of what I was replying to.
Old Jul 17 2011, 08:32 PM
Account Not Linked

SkatterbrainKid,

I am using Firefox 5. Not sure if there is an issue with browsers, a roll out to the servers, or user related.

For a while, when Slashkey was still with Super Rewards, I lost all of my offers. This, I believe was related to Super Rewards and not Slashkey. Eventually, I did get offers back, but I was without them for over a month.

I did read through most of your other post, and the there are a few issues.

First, FB credits are not managed or offered by Slashkey. Since FB credits can be used for any game, attempts to show an FB credit's value for a particular game would not always be useful. And, since you can purchase different amount of FC at a different rate of return, showing an in game value for a particular offer would be less meaningful.

In short, there is not really anything Slashkey can do about this, other close shop and try to operate outside of Facebook.
Old Jul 17 2011, 10:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatterbrainKid View Post
In Response to Post by JAS:

While with exasperated tone you charge that the conversion ratio can be determined if the buyer would just "look", you are missing the main point and that is that the new system TAKES MORE STEPS to figure out just exactly what it is that you are getting when you spend real cash to get FB credits to in turn buy a package of FT cash offered at different tier levels.

The more user-friendly way would be for the Partner Offer to state the exchange rate (i.e. 140 FB Credits = 99 FT Cash + 41 residual FB Credits) in the actual offer versus assuming the buyer will take extra steps to figure it out for themselves. But they don't do that which is my point -- This could be simpler and more upfront if they would give full disclosure versus assuming people will figure these conversion rates in their heads (or just not care and end up spending more than they planned.)

This FB Credits for FT Cash system is new and looks similar to foreign exchange rates, and as anyone who travels knows, different merchants will charge you a different exchange rate in their store. So the question becomes whether the same FB Credits for FT Cash exchange rate is used for ALL the Partner Offers? Or does the exchange rate move around depending on which Partner is offering what?

That's a valid question, but if it is always a set exchange rate, then such rate should also be clearly posted at the top of the Partner Offers menu or somewhere so every Farmer who goes through this process doesn't have to navigate through numerous screens just to find a simple answer that the game designers could post upfront. People like to know the REAL price of what they are buying, calibrated in the currency they know best.

I also think it is bogus to leave Farmers stuck with FB Credits in an exchange transaction that they can't really use until they buy more to level up to the minimum purchase tier which is 49 FB Credits to get 25 FT Dollars. In the transaction I experienced, I spent $30 in a Partner Offer for 140 FB Credits which qualified me to purchase no more than 55 FT Dollars with 99 FB Credits since the next package of 120 FB Dollars required 199 FB Credits, or 59 more FB Credits than I had just bought (i.e. 199 - 140 = 59). So with my left over 41 FB Credits, I can't buy any more FT Dollars until I come up with another 8 FB Credits to reach 49 FB Credits, qualifying me for the minimum FT Dollar purchase of a package of 25 for 49 FB Credits. But just like I don't like carrying around residual foreign currency I can't really use, I don't want a bunch of residual FB Credits burning a hole in my pocket to spend elsewhere but Farm Town since that's the only FB connected game I play.

And that exchange rate at 1.96 FB Credits to the FT Dollar (or $0.20 per FT Dollar) at Tier 1 is more expensive than the exchange rate I originally bought into which was 1.80 FB Credits (or $0.18) to the FT Dollar at Tier 2. Splitting purchases between tiers is expensive and confusing, which is my point.

This is a PROGRESSIVE exchange rate system, i.e. the more FT Dollars you buy, the cheaper they are in terms of real dollars spent. And that is confusing enough when you have to convert real dollars to FT Dollars. But now add another layer of FB Credits in order to get from real dollars to FT Dollars, and you have not just complexity, but room for manipulation of the exchange rate (i.e. real dollars to FB Credits) between Partner Offers.

My point is that it doesn't smell like a square deal to me and has turned trying to figure out what I'm buying into a semi-complicated foreign exchange transaction -- and that's WORK now...not FUN. This game is supposed to be about FUN. I think either the designers have gone too far in making a scheme more complex than it needs to be, or the SlashKey people don't have enough pull with the Face Book people to keep Farm Town SIMPLE for Farm Town players.

But for purposes of full disclosure, here is a table of the conversion rates between real US dollars (cents) and Face Book Credits (FBC) and Farm Town Dollars/Cash (FTD), based on the 4 packages of FT Cash or Tiers offered:

Tier 1: 25 FTD = 49 FBC = $4.99 which is 1.96 FBC or 20 cents per FTD

Tier 2: 55 FTD = 99 FBC = $9.99 which is 1.80 FBC or 18 cents per FTD

Tier 3: 120 FTD = 199 FBC = $19.99 which is 1.66 FBC or 17 cents per FTD

Tier 4: 250 FTD = 1.60 FBC = $39.99 which is 1.60 FBC or 16 cents per FTD

Now everyone memorize this table and be prepared for a quiz at next class session (smiles).

Hope this clarifies my point AND provides insight as to real conversion prices.
The Facebook credits and the Partner Offers are solely operated by Facebook for ALL the games and apps on Facebook. Slashkey doesn't have any control over any of that. If you want to complain about it, then post it in Facebook's Help Center, because they won't see it here.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 18 2011, 09:45 PM

Can more of this or something similiar be done so the ones like me with little income and willing to work to earn farmcash??
Old Jul 19 2011, 03:05 AM

Don't know if this is relevant with the latest info on Facebook Credits being used as currency and gift cards on all Facebook Games as of July 1, 2011. Supposedly, ONE Facebook Credit is equal to 10 cents in US$ so a $9.99 purchase of 55 Farm Cash or 16,000 Coins should cost approximately 100 Facebook Credits. I have a friend who couldn't buy the 55 Farm Cash yesterday and we couldn't find out the reason so I looked up any problems with Facebook Credits being applied to games as "currency" on the internet. Number one fix: You HAVE to use Internet Explorer. Other fixes include clearing your cache or turn off your computer and then restart it. One of the biggest questions will most likely be this one:

I made a successful Facebook Credits payment to an application but I am having an issue receiving the virtual good/service I paid for. How do I report this issue to the developer?
To notify a developer of a potential issue receiving a good/service, please find the 'Report' link on the bottom of the application's main page, and follow these steps:

1) Click the 'Report' link
2) Click 'Credit Issues' in the pop-up box that appears
3) Choose 'Dispute a Payment'
4) Select the recent order you have not received or are unsatisfied with
5) Write a description of your issue in the section provided

This message will be forwarded directly to the application in question. The application will be responsible for responding to your message and resolving your dispute.

This is a direct quote from the Facebook Help site about Facebook Credits.

STILL having problems? Put it down and maybe the hive mind of Farm Town can help...
Old Jul 19 2011, 10:20 AM

Default Facebook credits for Farmcash??

I went to purchase my monthly allotment of Farmcash and found I had to go through facebook credits? I found it VERY disturbing that they were able to access my PayPal account WITHOUT me logging into it. PLEASE direct me to the proper folks so i can discuss this.This bothered me a great deal.
Old Jul 19 2011, 12:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I went to purchase my monthly allotment of Farmcash and found I had to go through facebook credits? I found it VERY disturbing that they were able to access my PayPal account WITHOUT me logging into it. PLEASE direct me to the proper folks so i can discuss this.This bothered me a great deal.
That would be facebook. Fabebook does not have your user name and password for paypal there is just a connection set up between the two so you don't have to take the step of logging in each time you buy fb credits.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 19 2011, 02:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Sal Fantasia Send a message via MSN to Sal Fantasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
That would be facebook. Fabebook does not have your user name and password for paypal there is just a connection set up between the two so you don't have to take the step of logging in each time you buy fb credits.
Sorry but I have to disagree. I have been a PayPal member since 2002 because I have a gift website and I use PayPal checkout so I am quite familiar with the PayPal procedures. The first time I bought Facebook credits thru PayPal it took me to my PayPal login page where I entered my password and purchased the credits. Everything went fine. About three weeks later I needed to by a few more and when I went to the link it accessed my PayPal account without requiring my password. This wasn't acceptable to me so I immediately went to PayPal and changed my password. I inquired from PayPal and they told me that the only way that could have happened is if Facebook saved my PayPal login information, since PayPal closes and deletes all login data as soon as their clients exit the site. My suggestion: After you use your PayPal account to pay for Facebook credits immediately change your PayPal password.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS

MY FARMS

FACILITY GUIDE
Old Jul 19 2011, 02:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Fantasia View Post
Sorry but I have to disagree. I have been a PayPal member since 2002 because I have a gift website and I use PayPal checkout so I am quite familiar with the PayPal procedures. The first time I bought Facebook credits thru PayPal it took me to my PayPal login page where I entered my password and purchased the credits. Everything went fine. About three weeks later I needed to by a few more and when I went to the link it accessed my PayPal account without requiring my password. This wasn't acceptable to me so I immediately went to PayPal and changed my password. I inquired from PayPal and they told me that the only way that could have happened is if Facebook saved my PayPal login information, since PayPal closes and deletes all login data as soon as their clients exit the site. My suggestion: After you use your PayPal account to pay for Facebook credits immediately change your PayPal password.

Sal Fantasia

MY FARMS
Have you bought any more after you changed your password? I made the mistake in cancelling my wife's preferred payment entry for Facebook and now she cannot use Paypal to purchase credits. Have not been able to solve this as Paypal says we have to contact Facebook and no word back from Facebook.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.