Old Jun 09 2010, 03:00 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
The exact opposite show when I am harvesting. The crops that are going into my storage as the employee clear and show the harvested plot as soon as I click on them.

Hmm strange.

There are still a number of crops that can not be used in any of the facilities. For people that plant those crops it is still more profitable to hire help. Besides if we all stop hiring others to help we will lose a very important part of the game, networking and learning from other farmers. As those seeking work it is now more beneficial for us to go work for others because we get a small portion of the crops as well as coins.

Just my thoughts
While I was earning game coins and exp. points to be able to get and complete farm 2, I often worked for others at the Market Place and never found any real networking. I would go to the MP, post a message via the chat that I was glad to harvest, plow, both and/or harvest trees; then get hired, complete the job as efficiently as possible and thank the farmer who might or might not comment "thank you" or "you're welcome." That was the extent the extent of networking. This isn't a complaint since that's how I thought the process was supposed to work. When I hired someone, I thanked them for accepting the job, then moved my avatar our of their way and thanked them when they finished.
Old Jun 09 2010, 03:41 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
While I was earning game coins and exp. points to be able to get and complete farm 2, I often worked for others at the Market Place and never found any real networking. I would go to the MP, post a message via the chat that I was glad to harvest, plow, both and/or harvest trees; then get hired, complete the job as efficiently as possible and thank the farmer who might or might not comment "thank you" or "you're welcome." That was the extent the extent of networking. This isn't a complaint since that's how I thought the process was supposed to work. When I hired someone, I thanked them for accepting the job, then moved my avatar our of their way and thanked them when they finished.
I have meet a number of very nice people. While a lot of people, including me most of the time interact in the way that you have described, but the opportunity to learn and interact with others is still there to use for those who chose to use it.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 09 2010, 04:56 AM

This is great news Raul, thanks! And I was nearly at level 80...... keep working Rowie!
Old Jun 09 2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
I have meet a number of very nice people. While a lot of people, including me most of the time interact in the way that you have described, but the opportunity to learn and interact with others is still there to use for those who chose to use it.
Same here, particuarly when I was the only one hired. I'd do my work then look around their farm, sometimes get chatting and ended up with some very nice people on my buddy list from all over the world. Some days the market was very chatty too.
Old Jun 09 2010, 05:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to kensfreedom Send a message via Yahoo to kensfreedom

I love all the upgrades. but are the developers going to do anything about how much the game has slowed down? I am on a 20Mbs down load broad band connection, with a i7 8 GB of Ram. Now that the developers have given us all these neat things to play with it is taking up to a minute and a half to load my farm then every time I load up a facility takes a good 30 seconds before I can go and do something else while I wait for my avatar to add up the XP. My neighbors won't work my facilities anymore because it takes too long for the farm to load and for them to work the facilities. It is great that we have all these facilities and animals to support the facilities but The game is becoming more annoying then fun to play. To keep up with the cheese demand I had to add 100 cows that I milk every 8 hours and I have close to 100 hens. This is necessary to keep up with the requirements of the facilities to produce the various items.
I have been playing almost as long as the game has been around and I remember the early days taking for ever to harvest while waiting on the avatar to work each field before moving on. This has gotten much worse. I may not be able to play much longer the game is eating up too much time.
Old Jun 09 2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie Dale View Post
I noticed this change too so my daughter & I did an experiment using 2 computers & this is basically what is happening.....the plots left as you described are the person who harvest for you 10% of the crop....so for example 50 plots 5 goes to the person who harvested...and you retain the 45 plots....and you are right you have to reload before you can plow/plant. So I wonder how many people will be hiring now as for example if you are growing crops for the facilities it makes no difference if they are a 'large' crop or not....so I wonder if you did the number crunching if you would be better off harvesting the crop yourself Anyway hope this is helpful.
Last night, I had 600 broccoli (getting ready for those veggie snacks ). I hired the harvest, and saw the plots left behind like you saw. But, when I reloaded, I had all 600 in storage and my worker also received 60 for her 10% bonus. So, while the plots were an aggravation, at least both of us got all the crops we were supposed to get.....thankfully!!

Carole's Tree Heaven = http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1625093603
(we hope! )
Old Jun 09 2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Kudos to the developers.
Though there's nothing that I'll probably acquire, for those seriously into facilities, it's really a great update. Oh, yes, I'll still be suggesting a plain ole regular small town restaurant (as a facility) and a general store (decorative or a facility to trade or sell crops and products to neighbors) of course
One point I'm questioning, though, is the addition of a winery. What is the minimum age for people to join FB and to participate in FT? Yes, I realize that this is just a "pretend" winery, but even so wonder if that's appropriate for games in which some who are not adults participate. . . . On second thought, though, it's the responsibility of parents to know what the games contain and control which games their children are permitted to take part in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi Sue, I am pretty sure it is 13. I would have to say though that if I did let a child of that age have access to facebook then the winery would be the least of my concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavenda View Post
FB legal age is 16. My daughter is dying to have her own account (especially when friends at school already have one) so she can farm and fight dragons with me. But she's got 6 years till she's legal! My Space, IIRC, is 14. Either way, I have no problem with alcohol in the game, it's not like the point of the wineries is to see how drunk you can get.

The legal age for Facebook is 13. You can sign up for your own account at that age, but I know a lot of kids that get one by just making up a fake birthday. I don't have a problem with younger kids having an account, as long as it's monitored by their parent.s

The Official Farm Town Data Sheet for the Farm Town Game - Production Information can be found here

If you find a mistake or want to make a comment about my data sheets, could you please send me a private message on here. They seem to be deleted before I can get in to read them or reply. The only way I know about them, is they are emailed to me.
Old Jun 09 2010, 07:01 AM

Does anyone have the sewing facility. I would kind of like to see the details of its productions before using my farmcash to buy it and haven't noticed it yet at any neighbors farms.
Old Jun 09 2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleSB View Post
Last night, I had 600 broccoli (getting ready for those veggie snacks ). I hired the harvest, and saw the plots left behind like you saw. But, when I reloaded, I had all 600 in storage and my worker also received 60 for her 10% bonus. So, while the plots were an aggravation, at least both of us got all the crops we were supposed to get.....thankfully!!
yeah this glitch isn't short-changing anyone's crops, it is just a little annoying and I am sure it should be happening (and if it is - can something be done so it doesn't happen?)
Old Jun 09 2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
Does anyone have the sewing facility. I would kind of like to see the details of its productions before using my farmcash to buy it and haven't noticed it yet at any neighbors farms.
I do.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...3265&farm_ix=0
Closed Thread