Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 01 2021, 09:33 AM

Default Toolbox

I cannot access my biggest tools in my tool box with the new version. Am I the only one?
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie Sue View Post
I cannot access my biggest tools in my tool box with the new version. Am I the only one?
Hi Snookie Sue,
Others have had this problem too. Try taking those tools you can't access out of storage and place on your farm, then click Save, then close and reopen your farms and place them back in your storage. Then see if you can get pick them up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:39 AM
Account Not Linked

I tried the new version last night. It will not load. I tried several times.... I tried again this morning..... It will not load. I tried on Chrome and Edge.... nothing.... I cleared the cookies cache and history and went in again... It still won't load.... Black screen with white logo and a rectangle box that just sits there..... Farm Town died....
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:40 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Earlgrey,
Don't know the answer to that, but I do know the older a laptop gets the more dust collects inside making them run hotter which makes the fan have to work harder when it is doing a lot of processing. I worked as an IT tech for the many years before retiring.
Thanks for this response, at least it's a reasonable possibility. I wonder if when they replace my battery (which it could stand), they will clean the dust out. Otherwise, unless the HTML5 version is viable on my iPad mini, it could be the end of Farm Town for me, which would be very sad, since otherwise my old laptop is fine for my current needs.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:41 AM

Kudo's to the developers! The graphics are gorgeous. I have been in and out of the game several times since it was released in the limited version and have found that it is still slower to load than the flash version but that is not necessarily a bad thing. (Also switching between farms is still a slower load.)

Being a "methodical/pattern" farmer I have found a few differences that may or may not be issues that can be addressed. The one that causes me the biggest problem is a sensory one as I suffer from vertigo. When the game loads at the default focus level, not all of a farm is within the screen. When re-centering to the area which I wish to work (like harvesting my trees on the edges) the motion is so fluid it causes me to become a bit queasy and is disconcerting and uncomfortable. While I realize it is a visual cue it is very difficult to play while sick. (Zooming out makes it difficult to maintain the fine motor skill work with the mouse.)

As previously noted, when moving between the farms you must reselect the tool you were using such as the tree shaker whereas in the flash version you only had to select it once and it would travel with you between farms. When I plant Leeks, I stay in the game completing other tasks such as harvesting all trees and flowers as well as cutting down the other trees etc and doing all my fishing until such time as the leeks have matured to harvesting level thus being able to retain the appropriate tool between farms is a plus.

When watering there is no visible cue such as falling water to indicate the action had been taken. (I assume that the same would be true for the fertilization cue but haven't tried that out yet.)
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:51 AM
Account Not Linked

I have been having a play, I have got my farm to load in HTML5 in the following browsers, Opera, Opera GX(but it took forever to load), AVG Secure, Pale Moon, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox (but it took forever to load), Comodo Ice Dragon, Google Chrome and Slimjet. If you have problems loading try any of these browsers.
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilted Acres View Post
I tried the new version last night. It will not load. I tried several times.... I tried again this morning..... It will not load. I tried on Chrome and Edge.... nothing.... I cleared the cookies cache and history and went in again... It still won't load.... Black screen with white logo and a rectangle box that just sits there..... Farm Town died....
Hi Quilted Acres,
The first time you load it, depending on how heavily your farms are loaded with things, it will be very slow loading as it has to load all the graphics for your farms.
You might try opening in Flash and then turn off the items in your preference for Show. Then try opening the html version and see if it will load.
Also if you are using the extension for keeping Facebook in the old layout you will need to disable that as it seems that is causing problems according to a couple others.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2021, 09:56 AM

Just a note to compare versions and perceived problems with HTML:
1. In HTML many of my crops appear blurry. Gives me a headache after a while.
2. The "Edit Farm Name" bar isn't working. I use this to tell myself when crops are due in and what's on that farm. Especially important to harvest quick turn-around crops.
3. The letters/numbers in the Edit Farm Name bar are outlined in black in the Flash version. In the HTML version they are not, causing them to appear blurred.
4. The darker background is not as attractive as the Flash version. It also causes my eyes to have to adjust more. (Psychologically not user friendly?)
5. The notification bar that appears while farming is too frequent and actually not useful in either version. It tells me "This crop is not ready for harvesting yet" and happens when I'm fast clicking to plant new crops with the Harvest-Plow-Sow tool. I know the new crop isn't ready yet; I just planted it.
6. The tools in the HTML version are not labeled when I hover over them. They need to be.
7. When I hover over crops while choosing what to plant, the total available is not showing. Can't decide what to plant if I don't know, easily, what I have in storage.

Last edited by Addicted Jim; Jan 01 2021 at 10:30 AM.
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:04 AM
Account Not Linked

I can't get into flash... When I cleared the cookies cache and history it got rid of flash. I can't reinstall flash. There is nothing I can do but remove flash. I have the latest version of facebook. It is in dark mode. I don't know how to go back to the old version... I thought I was in the new version. I am confused. I don't know how to disable or enable the facebook thing.
Old Jan 01 2021, 10:12 AM

I am on mydesktop with a very large monitor but I am zoomed at 125& and the tools, farm navigator, farm name, icons for connecting, settings etc is still extremely small.The rest looks good tho I have not tried any of the tools yet. The menus for choosing crops or buying from the store is microscopic too. That is the huge issue for me because if it stays this way I will have difficulty playing.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl