Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 30 2017, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trina531 View Post
Thank you for making some adjustments to the cargo ships. I tried them once and found them to be a nightmare. Now that you have made a few adjustments things are much better.

I have 2 questions that no one has been able to answer.

1. How are the names generated for the ship log? Is it ft neighbors only or is it a combination of ft friends and neighbors?

2. When making making changes in you ship log and want to trade for another person how are those names generated? Is is just farm town neighbors or is it a combination of ft friends and neighbors?
Hi Trina,
1. From the January Release - Better neighbour selection to create the ship itinerary. The itinerary is now composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.
The second part to complete your list up to 30 is from the My Neighbors tab.

2. The list for replacements comes from your neighbors in the My Neighbors tab minus the names of all those who are already on the port list.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 30 2017, 09:28 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thank you so much for answering my questions...Cheers
Old Feb 02 2017, 09:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down Cargo Ships

I got back to my ship just a few minutes late and now have to start preparing it all over again. So very not fair. I have a life outside of this game. I get my grandchildren to school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. I have Dr. appointments, grocery shopping, visits to the Vet's office etc... If, every time I try to prepare a ship, I either have to send it not fully prepared or risk the chance of having to start over, then it is not worth my effort and I will not buy more ships.
Old Feb 02 2017, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennewland View Post
I got back to my ship just a few minutes late and now have to start preparing it all over again. So very not fair. I have a life outside of this game. I get my grandchildren to school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. I have Dr. appointments, grocery shopping, visits to the Vet's office etc... If, every time I try to prepare a ship, I either have to send it not fully prepared or risk the chance of having to start over, then it is not worth my effort and I will not buy more ships.
Hi brennewland,
I moved your post from suggestions to the General Feedback thread about the cargo ships as you were not making a suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 02 2017, 10:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Smile Moving post

Thanks. i will try to remember where to post things like that in case I ever need to again.
Old Feb 04 2017, 09:19 AM

I have a question about the new "opt out" for ships. How will we know if a neighbor/friend chooses that option? Will they still appear either in our log or even in the "replacement" list?
Old Feb 04 2017, 09:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
I have a question about the new "opt out" for ships. How will we know if a neighbor/friend chooses that option? Will they still appear either in our log or even in the "replacement" list?
Hi Dorissau,
Once they have unchecked the enable ships then the next ship you start preparation on they should not be in either list.
Old Feb 04 2017, 09:52 AM

OK.. great. Thanks, Taz
Old Feb 04 2017, 04:43 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.
You can, though, send a message through the game. There is the option to message them from the 'list' under the farm
Old Feb 04 2017, 06:48 PM

Question Disable Ships Option

I understand where to go to disable your ships. My question is, when one of my neighbors "unchecks the disable ships", will that neighbor no longer be an option to pick when preparing your itinerary? Will we know if a neighbor is no longer playing? Will the ship just automatically skip that neighbor and move on to the next so you will not get as much stuff when it returns home?

They DID NOT explain this part very well at all. Thanks for any info to make it clearer.