Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 28 2015, 07:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
13 quests to get 2 farm cash for the co-op quests? Is that right? Geeesh! Co-op for me is a great deal harder. I only have a few people that play the co-ops. That kinda bites!! :/

Well, I just found the FT Social for co-ops. That's kinda awesome!!!
Hi SeaJay,
Consider that you can open a co-op quest every 10 hours. That would easily be 2 per day, so in 7 days you can start 14 of them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 29 2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi SeaJay,
Consider that you can open a co-op quest every 10 hours. That would easily be 2 per day, so in 7 days you can start 14 of them.
Yes. Thanks for learnin me Taz! I'm new to co-ops and understand better now. We'll give it a shot.
I am, for the first time since I've started, behind on the purchase of facilities. I just don't want anymore! There's way to many. The ones I don't own I just really don't have a desire for but I can see how this will hinder my quest capabilities. A frustration one has to live with I suppose.

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Aug 30 2015, 07:17 AM

I don't understand, I had 8 quests when I went to bed, when I got up 2 had expired. It's been exactly 7 days how have they expired already. There needs to be a time period before they retire. I just don't understand this and this isn't the first time this has happened. It's like the blue claim farm cash flashes on and they automatically expire. I took a screen shot but I see no way to post it. I mean if you have one or two that are set to expire exactly on the 7th day at a the same time your button turns blue why even bother.
Old Aug 30 2015, 07:55 AM

I have had this happened to me and I clear memcache and restart my farm and it lets me get them back and the cash. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 30 2015, 08:59 AM

I'll remember that next time. I managed to finish to finish two more in the time allotment and get my 2 fc. I guess I don't understand how this works. I always try to finish that first one so I'll be awake and online. For example my 1st one now will be exactly 7 days old 7 days from now when the button will turn blue so I can claim my fc. But also in exactly 7 days before I even get out of bed it will also expire, this is the way it's been going. Doesn't seem right that the 1st one should expire so quickly.
Old Aug 30 2015, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneekrose View Post
I'll remember that next time. I managed to finish to finish two more in the time allotment and get my 2 fc. I guess I don't understand how this works. I always try to finish that first one so I'll be awake and online. For example my 1st one now will be exactly 7 days old 7 days from now when the button will turn blue so I can claim my fc. But also in exactly 7 days before I even get out of bed it will also expire, this is the way it's been going. Doesn't seem right that the 1st one should expire so quickly.
Hi uneekrose,
Quests expire exactly at 7 days to the second from the time the last step is completed. If the last step is completed on Saturday at 10:34 AM then the following Saturday at 10:34 that quest will expire. This is why we say wait a day after you have collected your farm cash to complete any quest last steps. That way you will not have them expire shortly after the collect farm cash button turns blue.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 30 2015, 12:28 PM

Ok, I just finished my first quest toward my 7 days. It will be ready Sept. 6 at 8:20 am. I found a time date calculator online. I'm trying to figure all this out since I'm tired of losing quests. So the first one expires in exactly 7 days because the the 7 day timer doesn't start till you finish that first quest... right?
Old Aug 30 2015, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneekrose View Post
Ok, I just finished my first quest toward my 7 days. It will be ready Sept. 6 at 8:20 am. I found a time date calculator online. I'm trying to figure all this out since I'm tired of losing quests. So the first one expires in exactly 7 days because the the 7 day timer doesn't start till you finish that first quest... right?
Hi uneekrose,
From the times you list I am guessing you are in the central time zone. When you click to collect the program looks back exactly 7 days from that time to determine how many quests you have completed. From what I see in your data, you collected 2 farm cash today at 8:54 eastern time. So the program looked back 7 days to 8:54 on the 23rd of August. The timer for the button is also reset at that time meaning your next earliest time you can collect will be on Sep 6th at 8:54. That does not mean you have to collect exactly at that time. The 7 days is a floating time. If you wait until later to collect next time then the program will still only look back 7 days exactly.
You have completed 1 quest and it was completed at 9:24 today. That means that quest will expire at 9:24 on Sep 6th. So that means you only have an extra 30 minutes to collect your farm cash from 8:54 to 9:24 and not lose this quest. That is not much leeway for you to get your other quests completed. This is why we say wait a day before you complete that last step on any quests after you have collected your farm cash.
I would suggest since you have that timer app that you set it for Sep 6th at 8:54 and collect as quickly as you can after that time.
Old Aug 30 2015, 05:44 PM

I collected 2 fc but only because I had some quests waiting that I hadn't finished the last task, I was able to finish two in an hours time and therefore get my 8 quests. I will pay more attention to the time table, I just didn't realize they would expire so soon. Thank you Taz.
Old Sep 13 2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi YoMomma,
The gift lifeline can also be used with Ingredient Requests. So all you have to do is make an ingredient request for a product that has the item you need as an ingredient.
Oh sweet! Just answered my question. Thanks. I was thinking the gift lifeline was pretty useless as 95% of the items one might need are not on the gift page. So.....much better now.

SeaJay

The Gathering