Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 03 2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Exactly, they give new tools to stackers which they claim is not proper game play but they give us non-layering players nothing. Where are the 24x or full farm tools? 16x takes 9 clicks to do a 26x farm AND a 36x farm. To do any of them in fewer clicks needs a 24x tool so the next upgrade from 16x tools MUST be to 24x tools. Anything less makes zero difference to game play so no benefit to us. Why reward those that violate the game and nothing to the regular players?
I agree about the new tools for multi layered farms! They say we shouldn't do it but then they give bigger tools so people can continue doing it even easier for some! Not everyone can plant like that cause it won't work so why can't the people that plant the normal way get bigger tools first? Not real smart on this idea at all in my opinion.
Old Apr 03 2017, 09:43 PM

ty for the up date. they say it is ok to stack or layer you are taking your chances with it. ty for the tools you have given us to make faster. the people that are complaning about do other things that are not allowed like gift sites. ect
Old Apr 03 2017, 09:51 PM

The only advantage to the non-stackers to have the extended tools is if they are hired to work on a stacked farm. Hopefully the stacked farm you are working on has the extended tools in which case, you don't need to buy them.
Old Apr 03 2017, 09:53 PM

Well part of the problem is in the design of the game. One tomato plant gives 1 tomato. Now to load all factories at 100% lets say it take 5000 tomatoes. You will have to plant that many, now if you are going to load your factories a few times you will have to plant more. Only way to get that is to layer or stack what ever you call it. Now if a tomato plant gave 30 or more like in real life we would not have to plant so many and not need layered farms. Now for those of you who hate wall to wall trees and flowers same thing applies. It takes several thousand coconuts to load factories now if i could plant say 500 coconuts and get say 100000 i would not have to plant several thousand of them. Same goes with factories to get enough say cheese to load all the factories that need cheese we have to have several dairy factories. Why not have one dairy factory make enough cheese that why we would not need so many.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Apr 03 2017, 09:54 PM

I think this is right - if you click on the little icon that will change other tools from "boxes" to "highlight" you can turn the multi layered tool into a regular tool that will still do more than the previous ones.
Old Apr 03 2017, 10:04 PM
Senior Moderator

This is not a discussion thread for tools. It is here so you can learn about the new features/tools/facilities for the game. It is for reporting any problems with the new tools or features.
If you wish to discuss the pros and cons of the new tools please do so in the General Feedback thread for Discussion about Tools or the pros and cons of layering there is a thread about that too.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 03 2017, 10:06 PM

In the early days, of FT, evidently, some people found that they could increase production on their fields, by "overlapping/stacking" their plots. Additionally, they found that they could also "layer" their fields (multiplying several unplanted fields), putting 4 day crops on the bottom, 3 days next etc (or even several 1 day crops one above the other). Evidently this latter practice was taken away, leaving farmers to overlap/stack their fields. The tools to be able to work the fields, recognizes a principle of "grandfathering" as it were, allowing farmers to be able to continue to use fields on which they've spent considerable time and effort making it possible to keep up with the demands of production. Myself, I've got multiple 3x overlap fields and have attempted on two fields 9x and found, at least in one case, that even though it wasn't done right, I gained a lot of additional plots. It's a bit difficult, yet it doesn't take that long to harvest/sow. On another field, I may yet take the time to try the 9x overlap again and hope I get it right. This game, has always been one of neighbor helping neighbor and when people take issue with a tool whiich helps any farmer do a job a little faster, freeing them to maybe work someones facilities or harvest a neighbors fields, then it becomes a disincentive to help other nieghbors. As once was said in another civil unrest situation "can't we all just get along?"
Old Apr 03 2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
the full scrolls needs to be OUTSIDE the one row scrolls
SUPER happy to get the larger tools! Thanks!

However, I'm tentatively agreeing with JohnAlbertini - my natural inclination is to think the full scroll would be the outer ones, then the one row scrolls as the inner ones. The reason I say I'm tentative is because I don't know what's standard - haven't researched it. If this is standard, then it makes sense to leave it as is. But I keep hitting the wrong one by mistake so I'm thinking it may be backwards.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Apr 03 2017, 10:21 PM

This is really shaping up as one of the better releases - Thank you Raul!!

One thing I did notice is a delay in the harvested items (extent or highlighted) to clear the screen. Seems like the graphics are somewhat slow after the release. Not a bad problem, but just a little different than before.
Old Apr 03 2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Is there any advantage to the non-stackers to buy the new harvest-plow-plant tools because I have never seen one to figure it out? Wouldn't mind a list of what it might do for me or know for sure it does nothing because I have never stacked crops. Can anyone tell me?
Hi Lara, I don't see any advantage for non-stacked crops.
Closed Thread