Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 07 2020, 12:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrywhitmore@comcast.net View Post
My send gifts is hung up on achiote tree, please unlock it, tyvm
Hi Harrywhitmore,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gift problems.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 07 2020, 12:39 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

new gift page looks great. Just now it takes longer to receive gifts back. Gifts that get sent to you don't come back immediately anymore.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 07 2020, 12:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticSoul View Post
new gift page looks great. Just now it takes longer to receive gifts back. Gifts that get sent to you don't come back immediately anymore.
Hi RomanticSoul,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the current release.
I am not sure what you are saying about them not coming back immediately. What length of delay are you reffering to?

Gifts go through Facebook, so there may be a delay in them being added to your My Requests. There is nothing that Farm Town can do concerning that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 07 2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Vonalm,
Gifts can only be sent to friends and neighbors.
*duh*
no wonder..... thanks Taz!
Old Yesterday, 04:13 AM

Default Gifting

Hi. I have about 430 farmer friends. You can send gifts max. 50, so I send 8 batches of 50 gifts. So far that worked fine, but since about 2 weeks I only see about 100 farmer friends, not all farmers are listed. How come? Is there a solution on the way?
Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
Hi. I have about 430 farmer friends. You can send gifts max. 50, so I send 8 batches of 50 gifts. So far that worked fine, but since about 2 weeks I only see about 100 farmer friends, not all farmers are listed. How come? Is there a solution on the way?
Hi Danker,

I have moved your post to the thread related to your issue.
We always keep related posts together so it's easier to find any information for any particular subject.

Make sure when you are sending using the Send Gifts page that you are using the Farmer Lists option then check the filter in the friends list is set to All Farmers, if it's set to one of the others like farmers helping me, my neighbours etc it won't show them all. I've just checked the All Farmers filter with mine and there is a considerable amount over 200 in my list, before I quit counting them.

If it's already set like that and still not showing them, then it might be that the data from Facebook that tells the game who your friends are isn't working right, which will mean those friends won't show up in any of the friends list until it resolves. If this is the case, you will usually also see in the My Neighbours tab that those friends not showing up have 0 stats. If this is what has happened and you know that those friends still play the game, then that is what the problem is. Running memcache doesn't tend to help with this , you just have to wait it out. You can certainly try that if you haven't already and see if it helps.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM

Default receiving gifts

I had the problem with sending gifts, used the workaround for a while and it resolved itself. New issue with receiving gifts. Every day I have a list of gifts, and I will accept or exchange them, send gifts back to all and send my gifts. However, the gifts in the box DO NOT go away. I will still show 50 gifts. Of course when I tell them to accept all they don't, but they remain there for a long time. Some time later I am be able to accept more gifts, but can never be sure which is old and already accepted and which is new. The trains will show up on this list as expired when I tell them to accept, but everything else looks like it was just sent.

Last edited by Tiger; Yesterday at 08:36 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
I had the problem with sending gifts, used the workaround for a while and it resolved itself. New issue with receiving gifts. Every day I have a list of gifts, and I will accept or exchange them, send gifts back to all and send my gifts. However, the gifts in the box DO NOT go away. I will still show 50 gifts. Of course when I tell them to accept all they don't, but they remain there for a long time. Some time later I am be able to accept more gifts, but can never be sure which is old and already accepted and which is new. The trains will show up on this list as expired when I tell them to accept, but everything else looks like it was just sent.
Hi Pattipo,

Please when you have different issues do not put them both into the same post, please make separate posts so that they can be moved to the correct thread for each issue should they need to be moved. We always keep related posts together so it's easier to find any information for any particular subject.

I have split your post into two. Your other post is answered and located here http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...10#post6371310

For your gifts the best thing for you to do is to try clearing all of them out, so what you need to do is go accept/exchange/return any that are in My Requests until you left the ones you know are not clearing.

Then I would like you to go to the Facebooks Game Activity page and find the Farm Town requests and Ignore all of them to clear the whole lot out. It will only show you 100 requests at a time so if more than that are stuck you will need to go back and clear more of them out until none are left. Then check My Requests again for new request and see and see if it has corrected and is now clearing any new requests after accepting.

I'm giving you the link to the old method of gifting which will tell you what you can do in the way of accepting/exchanging gifts and about train boosts. Any stuck gifts if you try to accept them you won't get them as they are ones already accepted so you need to Ignore the requests, just don't block them. There is an Ignore All in that section at the top right of the Farm Town requests that you can use to clear them out.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...50#post6364950
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM

Thank you very much, got about 2000 gifts in that had been sitting in there after I cleared everything out via FB....
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
Thank you very much, got about 2000 gifts in that had been sitting in there after I cleared everything out via FB....
That's great news Pattipo! thanks for coming back to let us know

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, farmers, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifting, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows