Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 10 2021, 12:22 AM

Hello,
I may be posting in the wrong place, or even posting a query that is not acceptable. I apologise if either is the case. USER ID number ( 698250740 )
From the messages I see under "competing neighbourhoods" it is explained that these groupings are made according to how well each neighbourhood is performing Please correct me if I am stating this incorrectlly. Just minutes after this weeks groupings became released I see the following neighbourhoods ranked as such ....
#1 >5M
#2 a little over 2M
#8 (me) 700K
How is it fair that first is over 2 times the points as 2nd immediately the grouping is made?
I see this often, although not this great a difference before, and it makes it very very challenging for anyone else in this group to have a decent chance of a placing. I don't expect any action on this weeks contest, but I do hope to see the groupings closer together in future. Give us all a reasonable chance of getting a place.
I took a screenshot, but it seems that I can't insert an image, only a link and I have no idea how to make a link for it.
Old Jul 10 2021, 05:25 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma Cross View Post
Hello,
I may be posting in the wrong place, or even posting a query that is not acceptable. I apologise if either is the case. USER ID number ( 698250740 )
From the messages I see under "competing neighbourhoods" it is explained that these groupings are made according to how well each neighbourhood is performing Please correct me if I am stating this incorrectlly. Just minutes after this weeks groupings became released I see the following neighbourhoods ranked as such ....
#1 >5M
#2 a little over 2M
#8 (me) 700K
How is it fair that first is over 2 times the points as 2nd immediately the grouping is made?
I see this often, although not this great a difference before, and it makes it very very challenging for anyone else in this group to have a decent chance of a placing. I don't expect any action on this weeks contest, but I do hope to see the groupings closer together in future. Give us all a reasonable chance of getting a place.
I took a screenshot, but it seems that I can't insert an image, only a link and I have no idea how to make a link for it.
Hi Enigma Cross,

The game can only pick competing neighbourhoods out of those who have decided to participate that are similar to what yours is at that time.

What each farmer or neighbour within a neighbourhood does in the NCC before and after the competing neighbouhoods are picked is up to them.

It's unlikely that you saw the competing neighbourhoods at the exact same time that your competitors did. Some may have started adding points far sooner than when you checked it yourself. When there's a big gap like that it just means that the ones with more points are able to fill and refill more often than a lower ranked neighborhood is currently doing.

There's nothing stopping anyone from adding more facilities to the contest after those were picked. It may also be that more friends are working facilities than there were before which enables them to refill them more often or it could be a combination of both.

I've seen gaps of millions of points in it over the years and seen low ranking ones managing to close that gap considerably and some cases overtake ones that started out with far more points than the lower ranked one had started out with.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jul 10 2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Enigma Cross,

The game can only pick competing neighbourhoods out of those who have decided to participate that are similar to what yours is at that time.

What each farmer or neighbour within a neighbourhood does in the NCC before and after the competing neighbouhoods are picked is up to them.

It's unlikely that you saw the competing neighbourhoods at the exact same time that your competitors did. Some may have started adding points far sooner than when you checked it yourself. When there's a big gap like that it just means that the ones with more points are able to fill and refill more often than a lower ranked neighborhood is currently doing.

There's nothing stopping anyone from adding more facilities to the contest after those were picked. It may also be that more friends are working facilities than there were before which enables them to refill them more often or it could be a combination of both.

I've seen gaps of millions of points in it over the years and seen low ranking ones managing to close that gap considerably and some cases overtake ones that started out with far more points than the lower ranked one had started out with.
Hi Tiger,

Ok, that seems reasonable. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Enigma
Old Jul 10 2021, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma Cross View Post
Hi Tiger,

Ok, that seems reasonable. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Enigma
You are very welcome Enigma Cross.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jul 11 2021, 02:23 AM

Noticed yesterday my Neighbourhood Chains Contest hadn't selected competing neighbourhoods cleaned cache and memcache looked today still the same apart from the day counter has gone down to 3. \_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jul 11 2021, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevat508 View Post
Noticed yesterday my Neighbourhood Chains Contest hadn't selected competing neighbourhoods cleaned cache and memcache looked today still the same apart from the day counter has gone down to 3. \_(ツ)_/¯
Hi kevat508,

As you only opened the NCC yesterday your competing neighborhoods won't show up until Monday, so please check that again tomorrow.

These are the rules for when those are selected:
  • For users starting the contest Thursday or Friday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Saturday 12AM EST.

• For users starting the contest Saturday or Sunday the competing Neighbourhoods will be selected soon after Monday 12AM EST

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jul 11 2021, 05:31 AM

Ahh right thanks Tiger I thought I had selected it on friday. My mistake.
Old Jul 15 2021, 12:31 AM

Default happened again this week - no Romanian Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristowgail View Post
placed a Taste of Austria onto Farm 2 ... shows in my Facility manager but NOT in the NCC ... showing i only am working the Charcoal Retort facility and have no Taste of Austria to work ... altho i have it loaded 100%
have cleared cache twice and restarted the browser once and computer once
... any ideas how to get get the Taste of Austria to appear as workable in the NCC ?
thank you
sad to have to bother you again ... i appreciate the fix for last week ... in the new NCC week [just started] i have a functioning Theater facility

brought my Romanian Restaurant out of storage onto Farm 1 ... the NCC isn't recognizing the facility ... have not loaded it yet ... tried in/out of storage and onto different Farms ... cleared cache, etc

attached a snip of what it looks like on my end ... hope it helps ... will not load until it is 'seen' properly in the game

thank you for your patience and the fix [again]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Romania snip.JPG (36.7 KB, 3 views)
Old Jul 15 2021, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristowgail View Post
sad to have to bother you again ... i appreciate the fix for last week ... in the new NCC week [just started] i have a functioning Theater facility

brought my Romanian Restaurant out of storage onto Farm 1 ... the NCC isn't recognizing the facility ... have not loaded it yet ... tried in/out of storage and onto different Farms ... cleared cache, etc

attached a snip of what it looks like on my end ... hope it helps ... will not load until it is 'seen' properly in the game

thank you for your patience and the fix [again]
Hi bristowgail,

I have again cleaned your NCC data this week, please reload the game, open the NCC and see if the Romanian Restaurant is now showing up in the NCC. If it is please only start a single batch of any item and check that points have been added for it before you start any more batches.

I suggest that you try to find some space on your farms before next weeks contest starts to get the rest of the facilities you have out of storage and on to your farms as this is what seems to be causing your problem every time. If you decide to do this, please do NOT store any of the facilities that in this weeks contest or that will cause you to abandon the contest.

Please also Try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window and that's it completed. All this will do is clear any issues that may be causing a problem from your game data.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jul 15 2021, 08:22 AM

Thumbs up NCC facility there now

thank you so much for your help - will get facilities out of storage before next week to avoid the non-function/not recognized issue

i've been storing them to slowly redesign my farms away from the crammed look into something more visually appealing -

Tags
add faciities in contest, disable ncc, enable ncc, facilities in contest, missing in ncc, ncc, ncc rewards, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest