Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 05 2010, 04:50 PM

I NEVER hire anyone who says they only work alone. That's being unsocial! I do wish people would be a little specific though. Some stand there and just say "work" or "ready" or something like that. You hire them to do crops and flowers and get a no thanks. You cannot tell who's there to hire and who's there to work and sometimes I attempt to hire 4-5 times before I find a "worker".

When I go to the MP to work, I do specify that "I am looking for a plowing job, please". I am always hired very quickly and usually the person has several farms to plow. I honestly do not want to harvest, I have far more money than I can ever spend. So, my purpose is to up my exp. I have noticed that those who say they will harvest are also picked very quickly.

One thing to remember when hiring someone, if they seem to be pretty slow, check their level. You can do that by clicking on their avatar, and on the pop-up menu, select Send Message. That will show you the level. You can then just back out. I hired one recently that was painfully slow. A level check showed she was level 23. It takes a bit of time to build up speed so take that into consideration. I did eventually ask her if she would like some help... . got a "yes please" reply so I hired another person. I also hired both to plow.

Sometimes when they appear to just be standing there doing nothing, most likely, their system locked up or they got kicked out. I had that problem yesterday with a few people. You can try to rehire them again while they're at your farm - if you don't get a response, you can assume they're not really there.
Old Jul 05 2010, 05:07 PM

is there a way to hire someone to harvest and plow at the same time? Sometimes I don't have time to wait for them to get done harvesting, and it would be nice to put them in a cue to plow also. Sorry if this has been asked before?
Old Jul 05 2010, 07:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsandworms View Post
is there a way to hire someone to harvest and plow at the same time? Sometimes I don't have time to wait for them to get done harvesting, and it would be nice to put them in a cue to plow also. Sorry if this has been asked before?
No but what I have done a few times is send the hire request to plow after they start harvesting. They can move the farm around to work around the hire request (this is easy to do in full screen) then when they are ready to plow click yes and plow the farm. You don't have to be there.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 06 2010, 11:16 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Jason 0643,causingchaos,nizza,grannymo, I AGREE with all of you. Thanks for letting me know about the ignore button. I haven't used it up to now but will from now on. Hope there is no limit. I too don't hire anyone who states they want solo or a certin chrop or only to plow... For me you earn the right to plow my fields bu harvesting what I have. After all I am hiring you not the other way around. I'm very glad to see there are other farmers who feel the way I do...

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 06 2010, 12:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana1951 View Post
Jason 0643,causingchaos,nizza,grannymo, I AGREE with all of you. Thanks for letting me know about the ignore button. I haven't used it up to now but will from now on. Hope there is no limit. I too don't hire anyone who states they want solo or a certin chrop or only to plow... For me you earn the right to plow my fields bu harvesting what I have. After all I am hiring you not the other way around. I'm very glad to see there are other farmers who feel the way I do...
First my name is not jason it is JAS then the numbers 0643.

Second I can understand about not hiring people who will only work alone or who demand a cretin crop when it is a high paying crop like pineapples. Now if they are wanting a lower paying crop like tomatoes or wheat so they can get a few of them from the harvest that is different. Now on the plowing there are people that do not hire the same people to harvest and plow for a lot of reason, which I wont get into, so people asking to plow is fine in my book.

There are 3 types of people that go to the mp looking for work.
  1. People that will do any job they are just there to work.
  2. People that only want to harvest because they don't need the xps.
  3. People that have enough coins but need xps to level up so they only want to plow.
I don't have a problem with people stating they only want to plow, they are letting you know what job they are willing to take. When people state what type of jobs they want that helps everyone know what they are after and know who is there looking for work.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jul 07 2010, 08:18 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
In any case, when I go into the MP to sell stuff, I either hide behind one of the stalls, or I go to a far corner of the screen, so that I do not give the impression that I am there for work. Perhaps I am just more thoughtful and considerate than others.

Why don't you simply take yourself off line and then go to the market place? That makes you invisible and there is only you and Tom in the market place with no offers to hire while you sell your produce. There is no need to hide.
I had no idea you could do that! Thanks so much for the advice, I can stop hiding behind the tent and in corners now
Old Jul 08 2010, 12:45 AM

Whinge time.

I've been playing for well over a year now though when I got to level 40 I stopped hiring people, quicker & easier to do things myself. Since then there have been huge changes and FT is so much more interesting. One of the biggest changes is the MP, I can't believe how it and the people have changed.
No one that eventually comes to the farm wants to chat, not that I want to spend my time chatting but half the time I don't get a hello, thanks, nothing, unbelievable. Some harvest the cheaper crop and leave the dearer or they leave plots here and there. I only hire one person but will get more if it's to much and the person doesn't want to do it all. I will only hire people that will harvest and plow, I can't be bothered trying to find different people wanting to do different things.
As for the fishing, waste of time and wouldn't ask anyone to waste their time doing it for me.

Whinge over. LOL.
Old Jul 08 2010, 03:32 AM

When in the MP I always ask for solo workers who do both harvesting and plowing. I also can't be bothered hiring seperately. It might be antisocial to some, but it works much better than half a dozen people running round in a frenzy, getting frustrated and disappearing. It gives them a boost to level up too.

I had a really slow one this morning, level 8. I had to think back to how I was when I first started. With the 4x harvester, plower and seeder I'd probably be slow again

And yes there are rude people, just hit the ignore button and you'll never see them again. I love that button.
Old Jul 08 2010, 03:46 AM
Account Not Linked

I have loads of ponds etc and have trouble finding people who are willing to fish. Is there something that can be done to make fishing more attractive?
Old Jul 08 2010, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac74 View Post
I have loads of ponds etc and have trouble finding people who are willing to fish. Is there something that can be done to make fishing more attractive?
Post this in the Suggestions thread on the main forum page