Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 17 2021, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsop@austin.rr.com View Post
Since the last upgrade the game locks on me constantly and is extremely slow. I constantly have to restart the game

I cannot use the full screen.

Hope you can help me, it's very frustrating
Hi Alsop,
I moved your post to the subject thread about freezing up.

Please make sure your computer system is up to date and your browser is also up to date.

You might want to shutting down for a few minutes and restarting your modem.

The freezing can be a couple things. If your farms are heavily layered then that can cause slow operation and even freezing.

Also please check the first post of this thread for the minimum requirements and there are steps in that for checking your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 17 2021, 09:44 PM
Account Not Linked

I've been stuck on the black screen for two full days now, and now I'm probably going to lose some crops. today, I got as far as error message "Could not download wasm module"
Part of it might be my connection to the outside world, but I was able to accept and send gifts both yesterday and today, so that tab works. My ID number is ( 1763961666 )

Last edited by AnnaWalls; Oct 17 2021 at 09:49 PM.
Old Oct 17 2021, 10:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWalls View Post
I've been stuck on the black screen for two full days now, and now I'm probably going to lose some crops. today, I got as far as error message "Could not download wasm module"
Part of it might be my connection to the outside world, but I was able to accept and send gifts both yesterday and today, so that tab works. My ID number is ( 1763961666 )
Hi AnnaWalls,
Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

Also try the checks in the first post of this thread.

If your internet is erratic then yes it may be that if all the data is not getting through then the wasm module may not complete the download.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 18 2021, 10:37 PM

Default tried ... and not working

Taz

i have cleared the cache in my browser several times

when i reboot the browser and the game ... it plays for several minutes ... then starts is flashing stuff again

this problem only occurs on the id that i posted at the start of this thread

norman
Old Oct 18 2021, 10:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanAOrr View Post
Taz

i have cleared the cache in my browser several times

when i reboot the browser and the game ... it plays for several minutes ... then starts is flashing stuff again

this problem only occurs on the id that i posted at the start of this thread

norman
Hi Norman,
The flashing has to be something with your browser or computer as there isn't anything in the game that can cause the flashing.

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

Also please try the steps in the first post of this thread for checking your computer. There are also minimum requirements listed in that post.

Last edited by Taz D; Oct 18 2021 at 11:43 PM.
Old Oct 20 2021, 09:43 PM

I am trying to help a neighbor. Her name is Lucy Bledsoe ID 100000663123601. She thought she might have joined the forum already, but when she tried to join, it would not allow her to use your name. She would not use her name it was already used. Recently she changed her email from Goggle to Yahoo, so when she tried to use the email it didn't work. Can you help and see if she already is in the forum, or if she has to open a new request to open one? Thanks.
Old Oct 20 2021, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayso View Post
I am trying to help a neighbor. Her name is Lucy Bledsoe ID 100000663123601. She thought she might have joined the forum already, but when she tried to join, it would not allow her to use your name. She would not use her name it was already used. Recently she changed her email from Goggle to Yahoo, so when she tried to use the email it didn't work. Can you help and see if she already is in the forum, or if she has to open a new request to open one? Thanks.
Hi Sayso,
Sending you a private message
Old Oct 21 2021, 11:40 AM

Question Can't get "online"...

Everything is updated, using Chrome - then suddenly I cannot get "online" - I can work my own farms and do everything, but if I go to the market to hire people - they of course, can't see me!

HELP!!! And, thanks so much! :cool:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Farmtown.jpg (58.0 KB, 2 views)
Old Oct 21 2021, 12:05 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brace's Hill View Post
Everything is updated, using Chrome - then suddenly I cannot get "online" - I can work my own farms and do everything, but if I go to the market to hire people - they of course, can't see me!

HELP!!! And, thanks so much!

Hi Braces's Hill,

As well as checking that Chrome was up to date, did you also clear the caches in it and then try closing the browser and reopening it?

Try running memcahe. To run memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window. Then please reload and see if that has helped clear the problem.

If it does not and you have not already cleared the caches/history in Chrome please hide the rest of what is showing on your farms like crops etc then clear the caches/history, close the browser for a couple of minutes, reopen it then try loading the game again. First load of the game after clearing caches will be slower which is why I have asked you to turn off what is currently showing on your farms so you have less to load.

If that does not help, is the same thing happening when you try a different updated browser?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Oct 23 2021, 06:32 PM

Been getting a Embedded message or whatever from slashkey.com "Your browser does not support WebGL "
USER ID number ( 1545131279 ) and USER ID number ( 118693448904273 ) Its been crashing mid game. Just started out of the blue. Been playing just fine up to this point. I cleared browser history and caches and ran memcache. IBoth games are running now but it is weird that it just goes black and gives me that error message. I have not had any issues with crashing and burning before, even when we 1st shifted over.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl