Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 13 2016, 07:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
I have just got the New Combines an Seeder to plant my farms. My farms are 38x38 an now when I plant it is 2 rows short of planting going both left to right an top to bottom. Which is a pain as it has gotten REALLY Slow to PLANT now with the upgrade, even slower than it was before. I would have thought it would have been easier but it isn't. (I think with the 'highlight turned off it is making it harder to see the crops as we are planting too.)

What I would like to know is if I would upgrade my farms to the 40 x 40, Would the Seeder plant the WHOLE farm or would I just end up will more 'extra rows' to have to fill in?

With it being so slow now, I am really afraid to upgrade to the 40 x 40 as I am not sure I will be able to do much. It just takes a LONG time to plant all the farms.

Would someone let me know please? I would possibly consider upgrading some of them to the 40 x 40 if the planting would be easier. I don't have my farms 'x3' or 'x9' an I don't have them heavily layered either that I know of.
Hi lollipopthebunny,
Each expansion adds 2.5 rows space for plowed plots, So no the new 16x16 tools won't plant a full even group all the way across at that size farm.
It is slow because a lot of people are still on the servers after the release. Give it a couple days and it should improve.
Nothing says you have to leave the highlighted fertilization off. The only change they made was to add the warning message that it might slow things down, and set everyone's farms to have that off so that if you turn it back on you will get the warning message. I use the highlighted because I like it and do not see any speed difference in using it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 13 2016, 07:33 PM

Default My crops and trees are highlighted with new feature

The new feature is unchecked but everything on my farms look frosty like that feature is selected. How do I fix it?
Old Jan 13 2016, 07:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzy430 View Post
The new feature is unchecked but everything on my farms look frosty like that feature is selected. How do I fix it?
Hi tinlizzy,
I moved your post to the subject thread about crops. This is not a new feature. If the highlight fertilized crops/trees is turned off the crops and trees appear darker in color. If it is turned on then they are lighter. No change was made to that. The only thing they did was to turn it off for everyone , so if you turn it on then you see the warning message about it could be slower. If you were using the highlighted crops before then you can turn it back on and they will appear just as before.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 13 2016, 09:04 PM

You mean if I upgrade to the 40 x 40 it still won't do the whole farm plant/plow/seed?

I will try turning the fertilizer thing on again in the morning when I go to plant again an see if there is any difference. I sure hope it doesn't get any slower an that things level out soon as far as speed in FT. Thanks Taz
Old Jan 13 2016, 09:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You mean if I upgrade to the 40 x 40 it still won't do the whole farm plant/plow/seed?

I will try turning the fertilizer thing on again in the morning when I go to plant again an see if there is any difference. I sure hope it doesn't get any slower an that things level out soon as far as speed in FT. Thanks Taz
Hi lollipopthe bunny,
Any combine or tool will do the whole farm but not in one click if that is what you mean. With the combines, seeders and harvesters they will also do partial areas if you don't have a whole full size area for those tools. If it isn't a complete area it just does any within the area it can reach.
If a farm is 40 x 40 and you have it plowed completely for crops, thne even with the largest (16x16) it will only do for 1 click 16 across. A 40x40 farm would be at least 3 1/2 times that. So 4 clicks to get across the whole farm in one pass of 16 rows down. Then you would have to repeat that 3 more times.
Old Jan 14 2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi lollipopthe bunny,
Any combine or tool will do the whole farm but not in one click if that is what you mean. With the combines, seeders and harvesters they will also do partial areas if you don't have a whole full size area for those tools. If it isn't a complete area it just does any within the area it can reach.
If a farm is 40 x 40 and you have it plowed completely for crops, thne even with the largest (16x16) it will only do for 1 click 16 across. A 40x40 farm would be at least 3 1/2 times that. So 4 clicks to get across the whole farm in one pass of 16 rows down. Then you would have to repeat that 3 more times.
OK I realize I have to click more than once on a farm to plant or harvest to get the whole farm what I was wanting to figure out is the amount a seeder does in One click by going across the farm when I get to the other side will the seeder have two extra rows to have to click on to get the whole farm planted going across? Does that make sense? I am doing a 38 x38 size farm now an when I go across one way I can get I think 3 clicks of the seeder an then have two extra rows left to have to click on. In otherwords, the seeder doesn't cover enough plots in one click I guess so that leaves the extra two rows at the end. Right? So will the 40 x 40 make that possible an get rid of the unplanted area at the end of a row with the biggest seeder?
Old Jan 14 2016, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
OK I realize I have to click more than once on a farm to plant or harvest to get the whole farm what I was wanting to figure out is the amount a seeder does in One click by going across the farm when I get to the other side will the seeder have two extra rows to have to click on to get the whole farm planted going across? Does that make sense? I am doing a 38 x38 size farm now an when I go across one way I can get I think 3 clicks of the seeder an then have two extra rows left to have to click on. In otherwords, the seeder doesn't cover enough plots in one click I guess so that leaves the extra two rows at the end. Right? So will the 40 x 40 make that possible an get rid of the unplanted area at the end of a row with the biggest seeder?
Hi lollipopthebunny,
The quick answer is no. If you go up to 40x40 then you will still have a few rows left over. Eache expansion gives you space for 2 1/2 plots. So one expansion you can add 2 more plots and the next expansion will give you space to add 3 plots. Count the plots across and you can see that it will not come out even. At 40x40 I think I have 5 rows left over and at 42x42 I have 8 left over.
Old Jan 15 2016, 08:54 PM

For some time now, every time I plant oats, no matter the fields whether its 3x 6x or 9x, when you go to h/p it theres always a little patch that wont h/p, not matter what you do, its kind of annoying, any solutions to this?? Also if I hire someone to work my farms they dont get any bonus because of it. In the past Ive always let it go to waste and usually can get it then, but not always.
Old Jan 15 2016, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deena69 View Post
For some time now, every time I plant oats, no matter the fields whether its 3x 6x or 9x, when you go to h/p it theres always a little patch that wont h/p, not matter what you do, its kind of annoying, any solutions to this?? Also if I hire someone to work my farms they dont get any bonus because of it. In the past Ive always let it go to waste and usually can get it then, but not always.
Hi Deena,
The only thing I can suggest is to delete those plots, restart the farms and repeat this until those plots are gone completely and only ground cover is showing. Then you can replant. Hopefully thewn it will stay working correctly.
Old Jan 16 2016, 01:50 PM

Question Harvesting Neighbors Farms Question

Hi! It's been awhile since I've played this game and I've forgotten how to harvest / work for my neighbors to earn money. Can you help?

I know I need to go to the Farmers Market and hopefully get hired, but how do I actually pick the crops? Thanks!

Tags
crop, crops, harvesting, issue with harvesting, plowing, seeding