Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 25 2012, 09:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
It's been a while since I asked. Has anyone actually gotten to 5 concurrent quests?
I'm at level 310 and without trying hard a quest it never takes more than 2 days to finish a quest. Its nice to say we can have 5 concurrent, but there is no way to get there short of stalling ... BTW, I'm not even pre-planting crops any more.

How about it developers? are you going to deliver what you promised?
Why not decrease the time between quests to 10 hrs for those who can do 5 at a time. Perhaps 12.5 hrs for those who can do 4, and 15 hrs for those who can do 3 with 17.5 hrs for those who can do 2 concurrent quests.
As a "Beta Tester/User" I'm asking for a way of attaining what was promised, not for any additional function or more concurrent quests. This isn't "working as designed"... as a retired software designer/programmer, I'd consider it a problem of limited functionality and I'd fix it.
- You can only accept 1 Quest per day and it has to be completed before it expires

- You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:

Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
Level 200....5 Max Active Quest

No where did it say that you were guaranteed,nor did they promise to have 5 active quest all the time.It simply says that you can have a max of 5 quest .There is nothing to fix,other than a decline button for ones that require a factory you don't own and won't purchase.
Old Feb 25 2012, 10:03 PM

Location: Permanent home is in Joseph Oregon at the Dagger Ranch, but we are military and currently my husband
Default It Happened

I finally got a quest I cannot complete. It was to make then load a tea kettle. I don not have the factory to make the tea kettle and can not afford to buy it. So I completed all steps and there it sits. The clock ticking down slowly. Very sad. I think we should be able to use the help line to work in a friends factory and make the tea kettle that way. But that did not work. Alas it is all very sad.
Old Feb 26 2012, 01:24 AM

I have an uncompleted quest, don't have the facility to load lentil soup to, 2 quests in progress, taco and beer, and a 4th quest box ready to open, however, it won't let me open it. As I am level 310 I should be able to have 5 ongoing quests at any one time.....glitch?
Old Feb 26 2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
- You can only accept 1 Quest per day and it has to be completed before it expires

- You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:

Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
Level 200....5 Max Active Quest

No where did it say that you were guaranteed,nor did they promise to have 5 active quest all the time.It simply says that you can have a max of 5 quest .There is nothing to fix,other than a decline button for ones that require a factory you don't own and won't purchase.
I have to disagree, based on your quote from the Devs, we were TOLD we could have UP TO 5. My point is that you really can't have 5, UNLESS you slow down and accept getting a lesser reward. (What's the point of doing the quests for lesser rewards?)

Just because I tell you that you can fly, it doesn't mean if you flap your arms hard enough, you'll lift off the ground. I assume if the devs say we can have 5 they mean we really can get to 5.

If I designed a function for a customer to use and they couldn't fully exploit that function, I would consider that a problem. I didn't ask for 5, but since I was TOLD I could have 5, I would like to be able to have 5.
Old Feb 26 2012, 01:42 PM

I finally received a quest I cannot complete, my friend has had several. It doesn't bother me as much as it does her! However, maybe they could put a way to swap it out or delete it if we can't finish it. That would be nice.
Old Feb 27 2012, 08:45 AM

Now, there's no way to contact the developers other than a forum post? Posts that aren't even read by the developers?

The quests are getting very stupid. Not everyone has every facility, so lifelines to work in others' facilities are important.

Today's lifeline? Gifts from friends for a quest that requires the acquisition of items easily acquired through harvesting crops and trees. The problem is manufacturing the last item in the quest. That item is not available as a gift.

SO WHY IS THE LIFELINE GIFTS FROM FRIENDS?

Of the last fourteen quests, only two have been attainable. The other twelve have required facilities I don't have and have provided useless lifelines.

If you added quests to add an interest to the game, you lose.
Old Feb 27 2012, 02:42 PM

Default Too long between quests

Why do we have to wait so long between quests....i really like the quests because unlike other games i do not have to do them to get ahead. I want to do the quests, but feel the time between being able to start an additional quest is much to long...personally i would like to have them all going at one time. Is this possible? I am at top level and have almost all the expansions... so i'm about to run out of things to do, and the quests give me something more specific to do when i feel i need it.
Old Feb 27 2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminalist View Post
Now, there's no way to contact the developers other than a forum post? Posts that aren't even read by the developers?

The quests are getting very stupid. Not everyone has every facility, so lifelines to work in others' facilities are important.

Today's lifeline? Gifts from friends for a quest that requires the acquisition of items easily acquired through harvesting crops and trees. The problem is manufacturing the last item in the quest. That item is not available as a gift.

SO WHY IS THE LIFELINE GIFTS FROM FRIENDS?

Of the last fourteen quests, only two have been attainable. The other twelve have required facilities I don't have and have provided useless lifelines.

If you added quests to add an interest to the game, you lose.
Not everyone thinks that the developers have done the wrong thing with the quests. I've done over 50 now and not missed one yet, even with my small farm that doesn't have all the facilities.

Many of us - perhaps the silent ones - are having a ball with the quests. The developers have given us extra coin for our reward with the promise of a little farm cash at times, so I think they have the right to aim the quests at those players prepared to equip their farms with what it takes to play them.

As someone else said, I want a ferrari, so the makers should make them cheaper to buy, because I can't afford it, but I'm entitled to one

The quests are stated to be random and so are the lifelines. Nobody said that we would all be able to complete all of them.

Old Feb 27 2012, 06:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Not everyone thinks that the developers have done the wrong thing with the quests. I've done over 50 now and not missed one yet, even with my small farm that doesn't have all the facilities.

Many of us - perhaps the silent ones - are having a ball with the quests. The developers have given us extra coin for our reward with the promise of a little farm cash at times, so I think they have the right to aim the quests at those players prepared to equip their farms with what it takes to play them.

As someone else said, I want a ferrari, so the makers should make them cheaper to buy, because I can't afford it, but I'm entitled to one

The quests are stated to be random and so are the lifelines. Nobody said that we would all be able to complete all of them.
Helen, I couldnt agree more and Im so glad you said this.

I love the quests! Im tired of hearing people say that they refuse point blank to buy facilities (and support the devs for their hard work) yet complain when they cant finish a quest. This game can be played for free so if you dont want to invest in it thats ur choice.. but you seriously cant expect the same rewards, that those of us that do pay, do get! I annoys me like you wouldnt believe that non payers expect the same playing field that payers get. Im glad the devs do this and reward us. Its about time people realised that whilst the devs obviously love what they do, ultimately it is a business like any other business. People then say that because they cant finish a quest because they dont have the facility, they should be able to cancel that quest and try for another! Why should that be an option when people that do have facs have to complete it before they can start another one the next day? If you dont want to buy the facs required.. then dont do the quests.. its that simple but for the love of mary, quit complaining about it! You have a choice!

PS.. "you" = players .. not you personally Helen lmao

Last edited by kahra01; Feb 27 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old Feb 27 2012, 09:42 PM

Default A Quest is supposed to be hard or impossible

Am I the only one who is happy that some quests can't be completed. It's supposed to be a "Quest", and quests are supposed to be hard, some quests are even impossible, but the knight still goes out and try's hard. I've only had one quest I couldn't do, and even that was fun, I bothered everyone at the marketplace and all my neighbours trying to find the big sea coast, in the end it was pointless, because I needed to have it myself. Click bypass quest until I have the one where I have everything on the farm and it takes 2 seconds, doesn't sound fun to me. I like the sense of mystery and difficulty.

The more farm town gets easy, the unhappier I become. I've been playing slowly from the begining, but because of the facilities I've been leveling up too fast... sigh.. soon we'll just have to click one button, and the game will play itself.

It would however be fun to get a "neighbours facility lifeline", then we can try to find the right friend so we can keep bothering them to post their stuff.... I can see arguments happening there.
Happy Farming All