Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Apr 29 2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
THANKS, that did the trick
You are welcome GRB
Old May 18 2021, 07:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Twice yesterday I tried to hire someone from the Marketplace, the status bar turned yellow and I received the message that they were busy. About 10 or 20 minutes later I received a message from that same person that they were accepting the job and heading to my farm. Unfortunately for them I had already hired someone who had already done the work and my Super Neighbor was working on doing the planting
Old May 18 2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
Twice yesterday I tried to hire someone from the Marketplace, the status bar turned yellow and I received the message that they were busy. About 10 or 20 minutes later I received a message from that same person that they were accepting the job and heading to my farm. Unfortunately for them I had already hired someone who had already done the work and my Super Neighbor was working on doing the planting
Hi leighwj

As you got that problem twice, then please report it to Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you do not find the automatic response then read the following instructions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old May 21 2021, 10:30 AM

Default MARKET HIRING messed up

I hired someone in the market. It did not show that they accepted my request but they showed up on my farm as working. When I go to my farm and click on them I get the popup that should only appear when you're in the market place, asking if I want to hire for multiple, etc. It does not give a name for the person working...says 'someone' has harvested pineapple, etc.
Old May 21 2021, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper12455 View Post
I hired someone in the market. It did not show that they accepted my request but they showed up on my farm as working. When I go to my farm and click on them I get the popup that should only appear when you're in the market place, asking if I want to hire for multiple, etc. It does not give a name for the person working...says 'someone' has harvested pineapple, etc.
Hi Grasshopper,
I moved your post to the subject thread about hiring.

SOmetimes the pop up may get lost in the transfer. As this requires data transfer between you and the hire then that has to go through Facebook.

You should still see the hire part of the menu as that would allow you to rehire and add more work while they are on your farm. You would even see that if your click on a neighbor.
Again the name for the individual would be data from Facebook and apparently that did not transfer correctly.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 22 2021, 08:49 AM

Default Hiring @ Marketplace

Everytime I go to the Marketplace, to hire someone, it is real slow, my screen will freeze up, it goes black, then within a few seconds I am back at my home page on my computer. Telling me Chrome didnt shut down correctly---this has been going on ever since we have been able to hire people. I have been able to hire some, but it is really slow. I use a mouse and it seems that when I try to hire someone, the mouse moves really slow . It is like there is an overlay and you are trying to find the gap, So most of the time I have to do my own farming. Is this a problem that anyone else is having?
Old May 22 2021, 09:03 AM

I ask a person to work on my farm. I am guessing they never saw it. They turned Yellow. So I hired someone else. About 2 or 3 minutes into someone else working my farm. the first person that I attempted to hire finally accepted the job. Makes me look bad that I hired multiple people (which I NEVER do). Is there some timing issue or am I going to get the standard answer about data transfer going through facebook
Old May 22 2021, 09:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellzfury View Post
Everytime I go to the Marketplace, to hire someone, it is real slow, my screen will freeze up, it goes black, then within a few seconds I am back at my home page on my computer. Telling me Chrome didnt shut down correctly---this has been going on ever since we have been able to hire people. I have been able to hire some, but it is really slow. I use a mouse and it seems that when I try to hire someone, the mouse moves really slow . It is like there is an overlay and you are trying to find the gap, So most of the time I have to do my own farming. Is this a problem that anyone else is having?
Hi Hellzfury,
That sounds like your Chrome or your computer is having a problem of some kind. Make sure your computer and Chrome are up to date. You might also try uninstalling and reinstalling your Chrome to correct any problems in it.
Another thing you should try is to clear your browser cache. When you do this it will take longer to load the first time because it has to download all the graphics again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 22 2021, 09:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
I ask a person to work on my farm. I am guessing they never saw it. They turned Yellow. So I hired someone else. About 2 or 3 minutes into someone else working my farm. the first person that I attempted to hire finally accepted the job. Makes me look bad that I hired multiple people (which I NEVER do). Is there some timing issue or am I going to get the standard answer about data transfer going through facebook
Hi GRB,
I do not know if there is a timing issue, but i have seen this a couple times just lately. Fortunately when I have had this they have not clicked to come work until after all the work was already done, so conflict. I have noticed it is usually someone who has left the market.
I will keep watching for this and see if there is a pattern.
Old May 22 2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi GRB,
I do not know if there is a timing issue, but i have seen this a couple times just lately. Fortunately when I have had this they have not clicked to come work until after all the work was already done, so conflict. I have noticed it is usually someone who has left the market.
I will keep watching for this and see if there is a pattern.
Doesn't the request to hire expire? I believe in the past that there was a timer counting down.

Tags
bonus chest, hiring, hiring all farms, hiring issues, no bonus chest, no job bonus, show work info