Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 25 2013, 08:27 PM

Arrow Facilities and Facility Manager

This thread is for reporting problems concerning facilities and the Facility Manager. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread.

Most posting using the Website does not post to Facebook!
UPDATE: Sept 29th 2023 - You can now post your facility work requests to Facebook.

Remember - not every farmer you have as a Neighbour/Buddy may have a Facebook account to be able to see the posts on Facebook or they may not be your Facebook Friends.

Please make sure that you have read the information in the Web Guide to see what differences there are now that you are playing Farm Town on the Website!

Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide: Chapter 13 - Facilities
Everything you need to know about facilities and using the Facility Manager is included here.
For the full list of Non-Workable Facilities go to Chapter 13: What are the Non-Workable Facilities?

For the full list of Production Facilities go to Chapter 13.1 Production Facilities

For the full list of Service Facilities go to Chapter 13.2 Service Facilities.

For a list of Ingredients that are used in Facilities and what can be stocked in service facilities go to Chapter 27 Ingredients of Farm Town

Most posting does not post to Facebook box anymore!
The exception to this is that you can post your Facility work request to Facebook if you wish.
Posting to Facebook is governed by Facebook rules.
Posting too many times too frequently can still get you a temp ban by Facebook. They will never list what that criteria will be to prevent spammers finding out. They can change the criteria for spam detection at any time and as often as they feel necessary, to protect their users from spammers.

When you click on the green check mark to post your facility work requests you will see a brief message saying Request Sent then your post will show up to those that have you as their Neighbour or Buddy in the Facility Wall Requests page.

You can not prevent your facility posts showing up in Facility Wall Requests.

If you are posting to Facebook make sure that cookies and popups are allowed in your browser to be able to see the Facebook posting box

Your Neighbours and Buddies posts are also in the Facility Wall Requests page.

For details on how to find and use Wall Requests please click on What are Wall Requests?

The facilities/tools that you fill with coins rather than product, ie: the semi trailer truck, the bee farm, can not be used to post facility work.

Religious and Funeral Facilities can not be used to post facility work.

Can I Have More Than One Of The Same Facility?
  1. You can buy and place the EXACT same facility on DIFFERENT farms and they will each produce for you.
    NOTE: If you put more than one on the SAME farm, the duplicates would only copy the production information in the others but not actually produce anything extra, they will be considered as decoration.

2. You can have a Turbo version of a facility AND the regular version of a facility on the same farm. For example. the Turbo Oil Refinery and the Oil Refinery can be placed on the same farm. ONE of each!

3. You can NOT have a Super Animal Shed and a regular Animal shed on the same farm. It has to be one or the other not both!

4. Note: For facilities to work as intended, your computer's clock and calendar need to be set accurately.

Is there a Limit on how many Facilities I can put on a farm?
Yes. It's the limit is between 350 and 400. However, that amount can also be affected by how much production you have in those facilities that have not been stored. If you see a message telling you that you have too many facilities on a farm, the first thing we suggest is to store all production from those facilities then refresh farm and see if the message goes away. If it does then do not add any more facilities to that farm and remember to store regularly. If it comes back, store all production and move some facilities to another farm.
NOTE: Train locomotives and their long cars also count as part of this limit, one for each locomotive and one for each long car, so you need to take into account those as well if you have the trains on the same farms your facilities are on.

When you have more than one farm there is a quick way to find out how many facilities of each type you have on a farm. This does not include the trains in the count. You can find information on how to do that Chapter 13 of the Game Guide, or you can click this link: What is Show Facility Info?

Working Neighbour and Buddies Facilities: This is to explain the time between working a neighbours facilities before you can rework that same neighbor's post again. To simplify the answer it was originally stated that you had to wait a day.

Notice that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing farmtown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) then you will in fact be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day.

Example:
IF at Noon/Midday you stop working ALL friends facilities and take a minimum 8 hour break where you do NOT work any facilities at all for any of your friends.
After 8pm you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities, including the ones you worked before Noon.
NOTE: If you are only one second too early this will not work!!!

There is a countdown timer that resets to 8 hours each time you work facilities. There is one for Regular Facilities and another one for Service Facilities.

To help you with this, there is a tool in your toolbox called Show Times (looks like a clock). Click on it and then Look in the Gamewide section. Toward the bottom are the timers for Facilities.

Always reload your game before you want to rework facilities and check the Show Times!

If you want to be 100% sure that you have had a long enough gap between working each type facilities make sure that before you work any at all for any friend, that you check that you have a green check mark for Rework Facilities and Rework Service Facilties. Then, and only then, can you rework the facilities.

If there are no green check marks showing you are too soon to start working them and need to wait longer. The time showing will help you know when that will be,, you can mouseover the times to see more informtaion, but always check for those green check marks.

We hope this information helps.

To post Suggestions for NEW Facilites, please click on the link below to post in New Facilities, Buildings, and Super Facility.

To post Suggestions for Changes, additions to EXISTING Facilites, please click on the link below to post in Other uses/improvements for existing items on the farm.

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 29 2023 at 09:59 AM.
Old Apr 12 2021, 01:20 PM

My Cindy Farmington account has 5 Fodder Factories that are not producing Copra. When I get sent ingredients I just get more coconuts. All other products seem to work. I had this problem with Copra a couple of years ago, but I don't know what was done to correct it.
Old Apr 12 2021, 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyjor714@att.net View Post
My Cindy Farmington account has 5 Fodder Factories that are not producing Copra. When I get sent ingredients I just get more coconuts. All other products seem to work. I had this problem with Copra a couple of years ago, but I don't know what was done to correct it.
Hi Judyjor,
If your fodder facilities are not producing the Copra Meal, then open one of the facilities and make sure there is a check in the box for that product.

Also make sure you have enough coconut to fill all the facilities you have that use that.
If you want us to check that account you will need to give us the account ID as we do not have any way to search by avatar name.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 17 2021, 10:34 AM

Default Facility Manager

All I can get to in my Facility Manager is the Post Office.
Old Apr 17 2021, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heididinges View Post
All I can get to in my Facility Manager is the Post Office.
Hi Heididinges,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the facility manager.

Please open you Facility Manger and click on the Funnel Icon top right and make sure it is set like this. If it's not please change it to this and remember to click the green check mark at the bottom to save your changes:
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 25 2021, 11:38 AM

I had a frozen lake and a lake with boat on farm 33 purchased a long time ago. A couple of days ago I bought one more frozen lake and two lakes with boats. I put them on farm 33 and when I checked there yesterday the new lakes with boats have dissappeared. The frozen lake is still there. Help please.1665486885.
Old Apr 25 2021, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina7447 View Post
I had a frozen lake and a lake with boat on farm 33 purchased a long time ago. A couple of days ago I bought one more frozen lake and two lakes with boats. I put them on farm 33 and when I checked there yesterday the new lakes with boats have dissappeared. The frozen lake is still there. Help please.1665486885.
Hi Tina,

Your first post about this was moved to the thread about missing items and answered. You can find them in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...94638&page=247
Old Apr 28 2021, 01:10 PM

USER ID number ( 1145656868 )

Hello, in the facility manager I had selected the "Workable by friends" query and yet the dairy shed and the chicken coop were visible. Maybe someone should have a look at it?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Old Apr 28 2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmarina View Post
USER ID number ( 1145656868 )

Hello, in the facility manager I had selected the "Workable by friends" query and yet the dairy shed and the chicken coop were visible. Maybe someone should have a look at it?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Hi Palmarina

You have to uncheck Animal buildings so they dont show up.
Old Apr 28 2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Palmarina

You have to uncheck Animal buildings so they dont show up.

yes of course! Silly me
thank you and I apologize for the stupid question

Tags
belt, can't post from facility, cash out, display issues, duplicate facility, facilities, facility manager, facility wall requests, find facility on farm, fuel problems, fuel usage, funeral facilities, ingredient planner, levels, load all, non-workable facs, production facility, religious facilities, service facilities, service facility, store all, what's in stock, what's pending