Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Quests

Quests

Quests are goals that can be achieved for working and producing products on your own farm.
Prizes are in coins.
These quests are only enabled for users at level 30 or higher.

There is an icon in the extended tool bar (Mystery Dice) that will allow you to accept new Quests. Here are the rules:
  • You can only accept 1 Quest per day (every 20 hrs) and it has to be completed before it expires.
  • The Quests are chosen at random. You must complete the final/last step yourself (1st box shown top left of the Quest). If you do not own the facility required for the final step, you will not be able to complete the quest, you will just have to let the quest expire.
  • You can click on any step that requires a facility to complete and determine what facility is needed for that step.
  • You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:
  1. Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
  2. Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
  3. Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
  4. Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
  5. Level 200....5 Max Active Quests
- A Quest has several steps. Roll your mouse over each Quest Step to find out what needs to be done. You must complete each step before starting the next.

Quests Social Lifelines: Social Lifelines allows you to complete Quest Steps by interacting with friends. When you are stuck in a Quest you may decide to use a Social Lifeline to help you move forward.

- Click the lifesaver icon in the top right of the quest window. The type of lifeline given to you is random, so you will not know what it is until you have clicked it. For now there will be 3 different kinds of Social Lifelines:-

- Gifting Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by using gifts or ingredients from friends. In this case after you accept the gifts or ingredients you will have to Store them for them to be counted toward your Quest Steps requirements.

Example : If you need an ingredient that can be gifted from the gift page or sent via requesting ingredients from a product in a facility that you own, you can use this lifeline to request the item or exchange a gift for it. Once stored it will count towards your quest.

- Trading Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by trading goods with other farmers in the Market. This will help if you need a basic ingredient that can be bought from another farmer ( e.g. harvested crops, harvested animal products, chopped trees, fish, harvested flowers). You can not buy products made in facilities from another farmer.

- Employee Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by working for others in farms or facilities. The product bonuses you get by working for others will count toward your Quest Steps requirements.
This will help if you can gain what you need by being hired to work on a farm or by working a facility to gain the products made in that facility. Example, if the middle part of the quest (not the final step) required a product made in a facility that you do not own yet but a neighbour does, you can work their facility to gain that product for part of your quest.

Lifelines can not be used for the final step of the Quest (1st box shown top left of the Quest). Also, you can only have 1 lifeline in use at any given time.

- You will earn prizes every time you complete a Quest. The Quest will be finished when all its steps are completed. Click the "Collect Coins" button to collect your reward.

The prize in coins will be higher depending on:

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) The level you are on

Earn Farm Cash while completing Quests:
You must collect your coins for each quest completed for them to show on the chart and to open a space for a new quest to be started.
Either earn 1 FarmCash if you have completed at least 3 quests in the last 7 days or earn 2 FarmCash if you have completed at least 8 quests in the last 7 days
Once you get your FarmCash, you'll have to wait at least 7 days to qualify for more FarmCash rewards. In other words, if you play frequently you should be able to win 1 or 2 FarmCash a week.
Please note that quests drop off the chart and are no longer counted exactly 7 days to the second after the last step is completed. If a quest completes at 8:35 AM on a Monday then at 8:35 AM the next Monday it is no longer counted.

For more information on Quests check out that section in the Game Guide https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690

FAQs

Q. My quest says i do not have enough of an ingredient to complete a step. My storage shows i have plenty. What do i do?
A. You may have run out of one size of a crop. The data in storage may need to be updated. To do this Exit and reload Farm town. Then try starting the step again.

Q. I have started a step in my facility, but the quest manager shows only 2/10 started?
A. Some quests require you to start more than one batch. Have a look at the step and see how many batches you need to start. If you have more than one of the facility you can start batches in those as well if needed.

Q. I'm getting X025 error when opening the Quest Manager, what can i do?
A. This error tends to clear itself up in up to a few hours, just keep trying every now and then.

IF you are still stuck on a quest and are not sure what to do, post a reply in this thread detailing the quest you are doing and the step you are stuck on and we will do our best to advise you.

For Suggestions for the Quests click on this one.......
Suggestions for the Quests

To give Feedback on the Quests click on the following link and post a reply there.........
Feedback on Quests

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 03:32 PM.
Old Dec 31 2020, 07:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
The New Years Glitch? LOL! 2020 has been a rough year to the end. That's actually good to know, Taz! If the disappearance of the completed quests number isn't related to the migration issue, then hopefully, our quests will just get "frozen" in time until Facility functionality returns.. as if no time had passed in between. Hopefully.
Hi Caren,

I would not count on that. Time is not going to freeze as the game will still be running even though some functions you will not be able to do until they restore them in the new version.

Every New Years the numbers for the quests have disappeared even though the quests are still there and counted.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2020, 07:16 PM

I had 5 quests done with 2 days left and when I signed in today they were gone and no choice of getting farm cash etc. Now I'm suppose to start over and got nothing for all I did ��

December. 31, 2020
Old Dec 31 2020, 07:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajsLilDevil View Post
I had 5 quests done with 2 days left and when I signed in today they were gone and no choice of getting farm cash etc. Now I'm suppose to start over and got nothing for all I did ��

December. 31, 2020
Hi CajsLilDevil,
Every New Years the numbers for the quests have disappeared even though the quests are still there and counted. You can continue on at least until the Flash version is removed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2020, 07:48 PM

I have two accounts that I have played since 2009 and both are missing the seven quests(blue) to collect tomorrow morning and the brown one tonight(just one account) I am reading your responses Taz how can I collect if they are not showing but you are stating they are still there. Most of all Happy New Year and I know you will receive a **** load more messages over this disappearing quests.

Last edited by nettie1212; Dec 31 2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old Dec 31 2020, 07:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie1212 View Post
not a happy farmer I have two accounts that I have played since 2007 and both are missing the seven quests(blue) to collect tomorrow morning and the brown one tonight(just one account)
Hi nettie,
Every New Years the numbers for the quests have disappeared even though the quests are still there and counted. You can continue on at least until the Flash version is removed. The numbers will show back up tomorrow sometime. You can still collect today if you need to as well even with 0 showing in chart.
Old Dec 31 2020, 10:33 PM

Default Missing quests for Farm Cash

I was due to collect farm cash for my quests this evening, but when I opened the game this evening, (a few hours before midnight) all of my completed quests had been wiped out. Why did that happen and will I get those quests/farm cash back when making the switch to the new platform? confused:

P.S. I was able to load the new version of the game, AFTER I had checked into the original version, but obviously there were no quests in the new version.
Old Dec 31 2020, 10:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra97 View Post
I was due to collect farm cash for my quests this evening, but when I opened the game this evening, (a few hours before midnight) all of my completed quests had been wiped out. Why did that happen and will I get those quests/farm cash back when making the switch to the new platform? confused:

P.S. I was able to load the new version of the game, AFTER I had checked into the original version, but obviously there were no quests in the new version.
Hi svtcobra,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about quests.
Every New Years the numbers for the quests have disappeared even though the quests are still there and counted.You can still collect when the button turns blue.
Old Dec 31 2020, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Taz! I forgot all about the old 'new years glitch'. Color me ashamed.
Happy New Year to all of mods.
Old Jan 01 2021, 02:10 AM

Default Missing quests

Hi, I completed 2 quests today but my count says 0. What's up?

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline