Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 27 2012, 06:32 PM

Love the new people! How cool are they??? I now have Indians on the same farm with my cowboys. The cowboys are busy shooting it out at the O.K. Corral while the Indians are doing peacepipe thingies in their village in the mountains. Also bought the Turbo boat (difficult to find the sweet spot). Like the land management tool. And 'course I love having a new farm. When the diamonds get all evened up I'm always afraid we've seen our last farm. So glad it wasn't true. Eager to see what goodies we get with the new levels. Hoping for a few cactus to place around the cowboys. We could use some horses at hitching posts, tumbleweeds, etc. More old West stuff. Thanks for this awesome release!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 27 2012, 06:37 PM

You know . . . I had a bit of trouble with the funeral home, too. I'm also a bit too close to death issues. But I bought it anyway and put it on a farm where I put factories I'm not that crazy about for one reason or another. I had planned on putting the Funeral Supplies Factory on the "not crazy about it" farm, too, but that thing looks like a BARN! Which makes it totally cool. I'm hereby considering it a barn and putting it on a farm farm with my other barns and animals and stuff. : )

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫

Last edited by Tony D; Sep 27 2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old Sep 27 2012, 06:38 PM
Account Not Linked

I am one of the people that is dying, I am on constant Oxygen cause I have less than 22 % of my lungs functioning but it doesn't bother me to have those facilities, it is just like the one that wanted the gun removed cause they didn't think that should be in the game and what about the Cancer center in the decorations, I don't hear anyone complaining about it cause people have Cancer and they don't want to be reminded of it. If someone doesn't want the facilities then don't buy them, I got mine as soon as the new release came out early this morning. This is just my opinion. If they didn't put facilities that some people didn't like there would be very few facilities in the game.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by Tony D; Sep 27 2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old Sep 27 2012, 07:01 PM

My personal opinion, I'm not too keen on the funeral facility or supply either; but the one solution for me is not to buy it.

Thanks for the great upgrades!
Old Sep 27 2012, 07:20 PM

Some people have sick people in hospital, long term. Some people were victims of corporal punishment in schools. Some were victims of abuse at the hands of church leaders. Seriously, we cannot possibly know, nor can developers know, what facilities or buildings, or decorations will trigger painful issues and memories for players. We can't drive through our home towns and not pass by funeral homes, hospitals, etc. (Well, I guess it is possible, but definitely not realistic or easy). I had a brother in law drown 2 summers ago, but on the majority of my farms I have water of some type. Farmtown is not a bubble inside which we can hide from "life". But in Farmtown, we all have choices that offline life doesn't offer us : We can simply not buy these things. Or we can buy them as a way of taking back some personal power.
Old Sep 27 2012, 07:29 PM

Pertaining to the update , my Search feature does not work. I read that it had been fixed, but it isn't functional for me.
Old Sep 27 2012, 08:10 PM

What a dissapointment!! This is the first time ever, within these years I've played FT, I havent been able to make my farms seeded!! (Well, I finally gave up trying to) It's all a mess today, I tell you. Fighting with ground getting "green" instead of seeded all night, I now give up seeding the rest, Think I have 5 farms left to seed. Sorry to be negative. But now I start wondering if the hole thing is worth spending more *real* money on. Tomorrow my neighbours will be dissapointed, that there isn't crops on all of my 16 farms.

Regards
Simera
Old Sep 27 2012, 08:14 PM
Senior Moderator

I just had the 10 minute time-out and after clicking that to reconnect, I went to go to my default farm or so I thought. What I found was my farms were all moved around even though I have not done anything with the new Farm Selector Manager. I had to go into it to Reset back to original order. I hope this is not going to continue being a problem.
Also please fix the Clear_Memcached so we can use it again. Fix the repeat working of facilities part and re-issue the rest of it. This is useful for clearing more than just the browser cache and helps to fix the neighbors zero level problem.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 27 2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnah@iprimus.com.au View Post
So sorry you have "fixed" the memcache! Please bring it back!
I've been playing this game a long time...I've seen the "memcache" mentioned several time in this thread. I have no idea what it is...hate to sound dumb...but I don't.

Fritz
Old Sep 27 2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
I've been playing this game a long time...I've seen the "memcache" mentioned several time in this thread. I have no idea what it is...hate to sound dumb...but I don't.

Fritz
the memcache is...was... a link. When you finished working a neighbor's facilities , you could click on the link.

A new tab would open and a bunch of information lines would appear. Then you could X out, and be back at that neighbor's farm, and work it all over again.

so, the memcache basically wiped out the information that you had already worked that farm.

Last edited by Tony D; Sep 27 2012 at 10:51 PM.
Closed Thread