Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old May 31 2017, 02:18 PM

Cool Y'all may think me just stupid for this but...

I have had issues with remembering to harvest the crops I planted for a Quest. I figured out a solution! I make the farm private until I do some of the harvest. I then take it off private and go make the hire for what is left. This is working for me thus far. fwiw and ymmv
Old May 31 2017, 03:15 PM

I have made 3 or 4 farm private for quests. Some times I lot track of how long the farm has before it goes to wasted. My way is all the crops for the same time.
Old Jun 03 2017, 11:31 PM

I have a single farm for quests, with a bunch of 5 x 5 fields. I plant what I need on the 25 fields. The farm is for quests only. When you harvest for a quest you don't need much. In fact, I just prepped for upcoming quests because I have a chance to get 2 FC. I planted four each of 2 x 2 items on 8 of my 5 x 5 fields. Over the next three days I should have what I most likely need. Anything that takes 12 hours or less I can plant as soon as I see the need.

I also planted five each of all the trees and shrubs and flowers.
Old Jun 04 2017, 12:47 AM

I have all in storage and quest says I have nothing , how do you do that?
Old Jun 04 2017, 01:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanie12325 View Post
I have all in storage and quest says I have nothing , how do you do that?
Hi Jeanie,
For quests anything needed for a quest, must be harvested or produced in a facility after you have started the quest. You can not use what you have already in storage to get a green check for any step. Also note you anything that you have to harvest for a quest must be harvested by you on your farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 21 2017, 03:28 AM

I have been re-doing some farms' designs, and looked to see how many $$ a tool was. I remember thinking that would be useful in design, but it was expensive. Now, I can't find it!
This tool showed the farm in grids, like when you hide a grove of trees? It would help in placement of items. I can't find it. I have looked 3 times. Is it just because it's in the middle of the night? Does anyone know what I'l talking about?? Am I nuts?
Old Jul 21 2017, 06:29 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschar View Post
I have been re-doing some farms' designs, and looked to see how many $$ a tool was. I remember thinking that would be useful in design, but it was expensive. Now, I can't find it!
This tool showed the farm in grids, like when you hide a grove of trees? It would help in placement of items. I can't find it. I have looked 3 times. Is it just because it's in the middle of the night? Does anyone know what I'l talking about?? Am I nuts?
Hi mrschar,

I believe you are looking for "Grass with Guidelines" which is a ground cover in the Paths/Ground section of the store. First purchase costs 35FC and after that is only 100 coins, like the rest of the ground covers.
Old Jul 21 2017, 05:26 PM

Thank you Tiger! The Grass with Guidelines is it! I really need it right now! Thanks again.
Old Jul 21 2017, 05:49 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschar View Post
Thank you Tiger! The Grass with Guidelines is it! I really need it right now! Thanks again.
you are welcome
Old Jul 22 2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpshaw55 View Post
I have a single farm for quests, with a bunch of 5 x 5 fields. I plant what I need on the 25 fields. The farm is for quests only. When you harvest for a quest you don't need much. In fact, I just prepped for upcoming quests because I have a chance to get 2 FC. I planted four each of 2 x 2 items on 8 of my 5 x 5 fields. Over the next three days I should have what I most likely need. Anything that takes 12 hours or less I can plant as soon as I see the need.

I also planted five each of all the trees and shrubs and flowers.
Same here. I also keep a dedicated Quest farm, as many of us do (I presume), with all the trees and flowers that may be required. However, I stopped planting all the crops and found that for me, only planting crops 'as needed' works just as well, by using fertilizer & irrigation. I usually always get the 2 FC. Eliminates a little bit of that 'screen time' for these tired old eyes!

Tags
hiring, quest