Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 08 2018, 12:29 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Dumpling View Post
When I first go to the market I can see people. Within a minute they disappear & I'm left with Tom I can't hire or get a job I've done all the stuff the forum said to do but it keeps doing it.
My chat server is F3 & my farm server is w206
Hi Daisy Dumpling,

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if that helps.

Also check your language in your settings is set to English US.
Old May 18 2018, 07:20 PM

I'm having problems seeing my friends/neighbours that come to my farm whether I call them over or by my farm link. I can see my neighbour though if I go to their farm. This is just to farm 10 all the rest are fine. Cleared my history browser, memcaches, changing the country on the preferences on farmtown, logged out of facebook and logged back in and still zilch. Is there anything that I'm missing. I'm on Opera on the laptop and Puffin on the iPad and both are the same.

(To play farmtown on iPad & mobile go to the apps store or play store find puffin. Once downloaded go via puffin, go to Facebook, log in as usual then go to farmtown)

Farm Town Memcache: http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

Link to one of my farms: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1959&farm_ix=0
Old May 18 2018, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Lil Princess View Post
I'm having problems seeing my friends/neighbours that come to my farm whether I call them over or by my farm link. I can see my neighbour though if I go to their farm. This is just to farm 10 all the rest are fine. Cleared my history browser, memcaches, changing the country on the preferences on farmtown, logged out of facebook and logged back in and still zilch. Is there anything that I'm missing. I'm on Opera on the laptop and Puffin on the iPad and both are the same.
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support subject about not seeing someone on your farm as this has nothing to do with the current release.
This has been an on going problem that the developers have fixed many times and it continues to come back.

The only thing we can offer is meet them on a different farm. At some point it may clear up all on it's own and allow you to see them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 21 2018, 07:26 AM
Account Not Linked

Default messaging

I can not chat in market place does not let me type
Old May 21 2018, 07:49 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostatlast52 View Post
I can not chat in market place does not let me type
Hi lostatlast52,

I have moved your post to the thread about chat and messaging.

Are you full screen? You can not type in chat or messaging while you are using that. Also make sure you are not trying to repeat the exact same thing as you can't do that either.
Old May 29 2018, 08:18 PM

Default Messeging issues

I have been having an issue with messeges I am unable to messege anyone on my farms or in the market. This has been happening for several days now
Old May 29 2018, 08:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary nelson View Post
I have been having an issue with messeges I am unable to messege anyone on my farms or in the market. This has been happening for several days now
Hi Mary,
I moved your post to the subject thread about messages.
Are you trying to message when in full screen? If so you can not do that as Flash doesn't allow typing in fullscreen.
Or are you trying to type the same thing multiple times? You can not repeat the same thing over and over as that is set to keep down the begging in the market.
Is it that you do not see the cursor when you click in the message box? If that is it please try typing with out the cursor after you click in the box.

What browser are you using?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 30 2018, 12:39 AM

I just tried to message two people in the game (and I was not in full screen) and I couldn't get the cursor to go into the message box, however I read your comment above and it did let me type. It is a bit confusing though and not my mouse because I tried it in other applications and it works fine.

Lara's Farm
Old May 30 2018, 12:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I just tried to message two people in the game (and I was not in full screen) and I couldn't get the cursor to go into the message box, however I read your comment above and it did let me type. It is a bit confusing though and not my mouse because I tried it in other applications and it works fine.
Hi Lara,
We are not sure what is causing it, but it seems to be only with Chrome which makes me think it is a Chrome problem with Flash for the cursor.
Old Jun 01 2018, 02:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

this is probably in the wrong spot but I have noticed that after updating Google Chrome browser just now, when playing ft... in the market or in messages, the cursor does not show when trying to type.... sometimes the actually words do get printed.. sometimes they don't... just passing on the info, all was working fine before chrome updated.

Tags
can't hire from farm, can't see anyone on farm, change language, market place