Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Land Upgrades

This thread is for reporting problems concerning Land upgrades. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Before posting a general question please check the Game Guide : Chapter 16: Land upgrades

How can i tell what size my farms are?
The Farm selector (diamonds top left of your game screen) will show you which size the farms are currently at as you hover over each one.

Upgrading if you have used the Farm Selector Manager to rearrange your farm order...
Upgrades are released in the original farm order, before you moved your farms around. Example, if an upgrade to farm 1 was released and you had moved it to position 18 in the farm selector manager, you would have to go to what is now farm 18 then on to the realtors office from there to upgrade that farm. If you can not remember which farms you moved where, you can make a note of the current order then go to the Farm Selector Manager and click the RESET button. This will put the farms back into the original order. Once you've finished upgrading you can change your farms back to whichever order you want.

When you are making the purchase of an upgrade, make sure you go to the Realtor Office from the farm you wish to upgrade. When you select the upgrade you will get a pop up toconfirm you wish to upgrade this farm. Make sure the farm name in that pop up matches the farm you want to upgrade. If it is not the right farm then click the red X to decline the purchase, go back to the farm you want to upgrade and come back to the realtor office to try again. Once you have made a purchase, we can not reverse or move your upgrade purchase to another farm.

If you make a purchase and reload your farm and the land upgrade was not received, DO NOT repurchase the upgrade. If you do, you will be charged a second time and you will NOT be reimbursed. If your purchase does not go through, try clearing your cache and rebooting your computer. Instructions if you need them can be found http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Some people have reported that the upgrade does not go through immediately and can take up to a day or two.

If you have just reached a level to unlock an upgrade and it is not showing to you, exit Farm Town and reload it to help the data catch up.

If the land still does not appear, post in this thread with a link to your farm showing in your post. Click on the following link and follow the instructions there. http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590390

Once you have bought 2nd or subsequent farm or a land upgrade, you can not sell it or delete it from the game.

Farm sizes and costs are listed in the Chapter 16: Land upgrades
There is way to check which farms can be upgraded and the cost at the same time. If you click "Show Names" in the green grid top left of your farm screen and then click "Show Extra Farm Info". Hover your mouse over each of the farms names and it will tell you if it can be upgraded, to what size and the cost.

WARNING: The bigger farm sizes (26 x26 and above) may behave slower in your computer in some cases

Please note:- This thread is for Help and Support only, any off topic posts may be moved or deleted without notice.

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 08 2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old Dec 30 2013, 02:47 PM

Default Mixed messages re farm upgrades

In our most recent upgrade, we were given the opportunity to get increased information about our farms in the farm stats area. This information is very helpful, except in order to get crop stats we need to have at least 9 farms expanded to 32 x 32, and for stats on all products we need to have at least 10 farms expanded to 34 x 34. In other words, the developers are asking us to increase our farm sizes in return for additional farm stat information. I am a long time player and purposefully have not expanded my farms to their max because I am aware that the developers have allocated only a certain amount of data for each farm, and if I increase my holdings beyond that point, I will start to have glitches and other problems with my farms. Because I am a long time player, I have overlapped crops, trees, and flowers tightly planted, lakes and buildings overlapped, etc. BUT it would be nice to avail myself of this new data, because this has been an area in which FT needed improvement. I am undecided as to what I should do because the developers have even put a warning about large farms in the area where you purchase additional space. ???
Old Dec 30 2013, 02:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
In our most recent upgrade, we were given the opportunity to get increased information about our farms in the farm stats area. This information is very helpful, except in order to get crop stats we need to have at least 9 farms expanded to 32 x 32, and for stats on all products we need to have at least 10 farms expanded to 34 x 34. In other words, the developers are asking us to increase our farm sizes in return for additional farm stat information. I am a long time player and purposefully have not expanded my farms to their max because I am aware that the developers have allocated only a certain amount of data for each farm, and if I increase my holdings beyond that point, I will start to have glitches and other problems with my farms. Because I am a long time player, I have overlapped crops, trees, and flowers tightly planted, lakes and buildings overlapped, etc. BUT it would be nice to avail myself of this new data, because this has been an area in which FT needed improvement. I am undecided as to what I should do because the developers have even put a warning about large farms in the area where you purchase additional space. ???
If you were to expand your farms then you would not need as much overlapping. At least that is the way I look at it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
"If you were to expand your farms then you would not need as much overlapping. At least that is the way I look at it." Taz

Thanks Taz, I probably didn't make myself clear, my point is that on many of my farms I am already very close to the maximum data allocation, and if I were to increase the size of my farm, I would exceed it, essentially "blowing up" my farms and making them useless. Yes, it would be possible to delete everything and start fresh, BUT, the amount of work that would require is not something that I wish to do. I own quite a few facilities and they require LOTS of product. Right now, if I harvest a field of any crop my yield is approximately 30,000 units. As a long time player, I remember the days when a full field yielded only 1000 units of product, and frankly, I have no desire to go back to that level. I am also aware that there are players who have exceeded my limit of 30,000 units per farm by also layering. I'm not saying that what these players do is wrong, it is just different. Those differences are one of the reasons that this game is interesting to me. If you had 1000 players, each of those players would find a way to make this game "theirs".
Old Jan 07 2014, 08:21 AM

Hi--I have upgraded my fields to 36 x 36, except it won't let me upgrade field #10 to 36 x 36--It is now 34 x 34 and it says that I have bought all upgrades available--I have already upgraded field 11, 12 and 13 to 36 x 36--I have cleared the cache and reloaded the game. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 07 2014, 09:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggllet View Post
Hi--I have upgraded my fields to 36 x 36, except it won't let me upgrade field #10 to 36 x 36--It is now 34 x 34 and it says that I have bought all upgrades available--I have already upgraded field 11, 12 and 13 to 36 x 36--I have cleared the cache and reloaded the game. Any suggestions?
Have you moved your farms around with the Farm Selector Manager? If so then your farm 10 may not actually be Farm 10. The upgrades to 36x36 are available for the default order of farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 07 2014, 09:42 AM

Smile

thanks, Taz--that is exactly what I did--apparently farm 18 is really farm 10!
Old Jan 22 2014, 12:44 AM

Hi I am looking to upgrade farm 9 to 20x20 and it says it will cost 1,100,000,000 coins and yet in the list for upgrades it says it should be 400,000,000 for the 20x20 upgrade. What is going on and how can I get my upgrade for that farm?
Old Jan 22 2014, 12:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allykat View Post
Hi I am looking to upgrade farm 9 to 20x20 and it says it will cost 1,100,000,000 coins and yet in the list for upgrades it says it should be 400,000,000 for the 20x20 upgrade. What is going on and how can I get my upgrade for that farm?
Have you moved your farms around with the Farm selector manager? If so then that may not be farm 9, so price maybe different. The prices are for the default farm numbers.
Old Jan 22 2014, 12:52 AM

yes I have moved my farms around but I am sure I have moved them back but it didn't make any difference when the farms were in a different position the price was the same.

farm 9 changed to farm 8 position moved back to farm 9 position no change in the price.

Tags
farm cash, farm upgrade, farm upgrade failed, land upgrade, land upgrades, upgrade failed, upgrades