Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 14 2018, 06:55 AM

Show Work Info insists the flowers on my farm #23 are ready to harvest, but they still have eight hours to go.

I've cleared memcache and browser cache, and checked that my date and time are correct. The problem persists in a different browser and I've had neighbours come over and confirm that the flowers show ~8 hours to go.

I hoped the problem might go away when the farm manager refreshed itself, but nope. I don't know what else to do.
Old May 14 2018, 07:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
Show Work Info insists the flowers on my farm #23 are ready to harvest, but they still have eight hours to go.

I've cleared memcache and browser cache, and checked that my date and time are correct. The problem persists in a different browser and I've had neighbours come over and confirm that the flowers show ~8 hours to go.

I hoped the problem might go away when the farm manager refreshed itself, but nope. I don't know what else to do.
Hi Sqrl,

Thank you for your report. Please contact the support team about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Old May 14 2018, 12:54 PM

Thanks, Tiger. It said it went through but I can't find that the email arrived. nm
Old Jun 10 2018, 08:52 AM

I got the Standing Spray quest so I needed 4 each of 4 different types of flowers. No problem. I have a quest farm so I had 4 of each of the flowers I needed. I also knew (or thought) that since I had fertilized and irrigated ALL of my flowers at the same time that I should be able to harvest 2 of each of the 4 flowers since I should receive double the amount. What happened was that I WAS able to harvest 2 of the types of flowers and I received the 4 I needed, but the glads and the carnations only gave me 3 flowers when I harvested 2.

I work my quest farms exactly the same each week, so I know all flowers were treated alike. The process I use is that on the last day of a quest, I harvest EVERYTHING on the farm - all flowers, trees, etc. - because I want to know I'm starting fresh and resetting all the timers so they're in sync. Then I irrigate the entire thing. I've also got all farms on the same fertilization schedule - they all get fertilized at once. So it doesn't make sense to me that some of my flowers would have behaved as expected whereas others didn't.

I've noticed it with some trees, too, but I haven't kept track of which ones so I just decided to put this under flowers. Or maybe there's an "irrigation" thread it should be moved to. Anyway, that's the issue.
Old Jun 10 2018, 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I got the Standing Spray quest so I needed 4 each of 4 different types of flowers. No problem. I have a quest farm so I had 4 of each of the flowers I needed. I also knew (or thought) that since I had fertilized and irrigated ALL of my flowers at the same time that I should be able to harvest 2 of each of the 4 flowers since I should receive double the amount. What happened was that I WAS able to harvest 2 of the types of flowers and I received the 4 I needed, but the glads and the carnations only gave me 3 flowers when I harvested 2.

I work my quest farms exactly the same each week, so I know all flowers were treated alike. The process I use is that on the last day of a quest, I harvest EVERYTHING on the farm - all flowers, trees, etc. - because I want to know I'm starting fresh and resetting all the timers so they're in sync. Then I irrigate the entire thing. I've also got all farms on the same fertilization schedule - they all get fertilized at once. So it doesn't make sense to me that some of my flowers would have behaved as expected whereas others didn't.

I've noticed it with some trees, too, but I haven't kept track of which ones so I just decided to put this under flowers. Or maybe there's an "irrigation" thread it should be moved to. Anyway, that's the issue.
Hi Susan,
The fertilizer on the trees and flowers for lack of another term expires after about 10 days. You would not notice it except with quest farms where you may not use them for a long time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 10 2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Susan,
The fertilizer on the trees and flowers for lack of another term expires after about 10 days. You would not notice it except with quest farms where you may not use them for a long time.
Ah! I didn't know that. I'm still not sure that's it, though, because each week when I finish that week's quest, I harvest ALL flowers and trees (including choppers) so I can have everything synced again. I'm on Day 5 of my quests, so that means I harvested all my flowers 5 or 6 days ago. I don't remember when I fertilized, but even IF my fertilizer didn't run out until Day 4 (meaning all my trees and flowers were fully grown by the time I fertilized), I would still think all 4 of the flowers I tried to harvest today for my quest would have been the same. The part that didn't make sense is that two of the flowers gave me 4 for 2; the other twp flowers - glads and carnations - only gave me 3 for 2. And I had both harvested and fertilized and irrigated all of them at the same time.
Old Jun 10 2018, 02:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ah! I didn't know that. I'm still not sure that's it, though, because each week when I finish that week's quest, I harvest ALL flowers and trees (including choppers) so I can have everything synced again. I'm on Day 5 of my quests, so that means I harvested all my flowers 5 or 6 days ago. I don't remember when I fertilized, but even IF my fertilizer didn't run out until Day 4 (meaning all my trees and flowers were fully grown by the time I fertilized), I would still think all 4 of the flowers I tried to harvest today for my quest would have been the same. The part that didn't make sense is that two of the flowers gave me 4 for 2; the other twp flowers - glads and carnations - only gave me 3 for 2. And I had both harvested and fertilized and irrigated all of them at the same time.
Hi Susan,
Then I don't have an answer for you unless you may have missed a couple of them. I know we tested the fertilizer expiration quite a while back and then asked the developers about it and it does so in about 10 days. By about that means it wasn't exactly 10 days as it varied with our testing, so some expired earlier and others later.If an item is fully grown when you fertilize then the fertilizer will not work on it.

It may have been that your belt bonuses got you 2 extra for some giving you 4 for 2. And the others only gave you 1 for the belts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jun 10 2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old Jun 10 2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Susan,
Then I don't have an answer for you unless you may have missed a couple of them. I know we tested the fertilizer expiration quite a while back and then asked the developers about it and it does so in about 10 days. By about that means it wasn't exactly 10 days as it varied with our testing, so some expired earlier and others later.If an item is fully grown when you fertilize then the fertilizer will not work on it.

It may have been that your belt bonuses got you 2 extra for some giving you 4 for 2. And the others only gave you 1 for the belts.

All belt bonuses are 7. Mostly I reported it because I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Not a big deal - just wanted the devs to be aware of it and also to see if others have noticed the same thing. S'alright.
Old Jun 10 2018, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
All belt bonuses are 7. Mostly I reported it because I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Not a big deal - just wanted the devs to be aware of it and also to see if others have noticed the same thing. S'alright.
Hi Susan,
Even if all the belts are at 7 you can still get different amounts for them. The belts are "up to" the percentage, not that you will always get the full percentage.

Tags
flowers, freezing flowers, gifts, mobile sprinkler, sprinkler, unfreezing flowers, watering