Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 28 2014, 06:19 AM

Default Quests

I am frustrated with the quests. It seems to pick items that you have just harvested or facilities that you do not have. Then you are stuck waiting for it to expire and also the time in between the quest is very long making it almost impossible to get to the farm cash even if you are working every day. The other issue is that several times I have had 6 or 7 quests complete (time not expired) yet when I go in, I find I have been set back by one or two quests. That is just not acceptable. On suggestion I have though is that we should be able to cancel out a quest if we do not have the facility to complete it. If you begin and do not realize that you do not have the facility until you start, then it also ties up your lifeline for the entire time you are waiting for that quest to age off.
Old Jul 28 2014, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejarvis@sbcglobal.net View Post
I am frustrated with the quests. It seems to pick items that you have just harvested or facilities that you do not have. Then you are stuck waiting for it to expire and also the time in between the quest is very long making it almost impossible to get to the farm cash even if you are working every day. The other issue is that several times I have had 6 or 7 quests complete (time not expired) yet when I go in, I find I have been set back by one or two quests. That is just not acceptable. On suggestion I have though is that we should be able to cancel out a quest if we do not have the facility to complete it. If you begin and do not realize that you do not have the facility until you start, then it also ties up your lifeline for the entire time you are waiting for that quest to age off.
I moved your post to the thread for feedback on quests.
The quests are chosen randomly and not picked using any criteria.
All quests drop off the chart exactly 7 days after the last step is completed. The expiration time you are talking about having not expired is the time you have to complete the quest.
When you open a new quest if you hover your mouse over the last step it will show you what facility is needed for that. So if you don't have it and don't plan to buy it then you won't need to get the life line for that quest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 28 2014, 11:32 AM

Is there a set order for the quest? Do we all work on the same quest at the same time? Is there a list of the quest anywhere/
Old Jul 28 2014, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rticen View Post
Is there a set order for the quest? Do we all work on the same quest at the same time? Is there a list of the quest anywhere/
No, there isn't a set order as they are assigned randomly. A Random number generator generates a number and that number corresponds to a quest that you are assigned.
No, each individual who accepts a quest gets their own quest assigned. We are not all working on the same one at the same time.
The quests are any chain of production from the facilities and services. There isn't any list anywhere that we can see.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 30 2014, 11:36 AM

i just collected a quest that was done and it went on tues..today is wed...why?
Old Jul 30 2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara nixon View Post
i just collected a quest that was done and it went on tues..today is wed...why?

Hi!

Quests are added to the day the last step is completed not the day you collect coins.
Old Jul 30 2014, 07:35 PM

Default quest

thanks for the info..i did not know that..now it makes sense...
Old Aug 03 2014, 01:02 AM

My only major peeve about the quests is that now we are getting FC which I love. BUT we need a timer to let us know how long it will be until we can claim it, so we don't lose out. Since the FC thing started I have had quests dropped 3 times because I wasn't checking constantly. As far as I am concerned we should have a few hours leeway. But at the least it should tell us how long we have left.
Old Aug 03 2014, 01:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian nancy View Post
My only major peeve about the quests is that now we are getting FC which I love. BUT we need a timer to let us know how long it will be until we can claim it, so we don't lose out. Since the FC thing started I have had quests dropped 3 times because I wasn't checking constantly. As far as I am concerned we should have a few hours leeway. But at the least it should tell us how long we have left.
That is why it is a good idea to write down when you collect as your next available collection will be exactly 7 days later. We also suggest you not complete the last step of any quest you are going to hold over until the next day to give yourself a buffer.
Old Aug 03 2014, 06:02 AM

I have gotten the x025 error in my quest box. Did everything that was suggested to do. Restarted the entire computer and yet it is still there. I haven't gotten any other problems, Adobe is up to date (except I CANNOT work the massive farms, screws me up every time). Please advise as to what is the Next step. I am unable to work my quest, of course and will miss my farm cash because of this.