Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 08 2022, 10:54 AM

I don't think Facebook likes us. They even took away the shortcut link I used daily, though I don't know why they did that. It only took me to a 'broken link' message. I don't know how I'm going to access the game when (if) it comes back. It doesn't seem likely that they will remember to restore the shortcut on individual feeds. Guess they think playing since 2009 is long enough!
Old Oct 08 2022, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncinj View Post
I don't think Facebook likes us. They even took away the shortcut link I used daily, though I don't know why they did that. It only took me to a 'broken link' message. I don't know how I'm going to access the game when (if) it comes back. It doesn't seem likely that they will remember to restore the shortcut on individual feeds. Guess they think playing since 2009 is long enough!
Hi Johncinj,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about loading issues.
They took the shortcut off of the list for everyone. When the game is reactivated then it will return to your list. When the game is reactivated if you still don't see it then come to the forums and there isa Play FarmTown button at the top of the page that you can click on and that will open your farms. That should also trigger the shortcut to show again on your Facebook home page.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2022, 11:10 AM

I agree - it's nice to be able to chat here with other farmers while we wait. At least we're all in the same boat. Yanno . . . if we had all experienced a REALLY bad weather event or something that wiped out our crops . . . it would be like this. We'd be hanging out and commiserating - trying to support/help one another. Blaming and negativity just bring everyone down. The sun will come out again. We'll be able to plant new crops. It'll all be ok.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Oct 08 2022, 11:38 AM

Smile Outage

I for one appreciate all the work that is being done to try and get us back into our farms. I am sure it cannot be easy with all the intricate paths that have to be set up to make the the best farm game on FB . Yes , like all the others, I miss the game, as does my super neighbor , we miss our interactions and now what are we left to do ? Clean and organize closets ??? lolol will be super happy when it returns , until then ...happy farming

Serenity Acres
Old Oct 08 2022, 12:13 PM

I'm sticking around and not ditching the game because of this small hurdle.
I love the game.
I appreciate what the staff is doing and I will be patient waiting for it to return.

Beth

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Oct 08 2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethFB View Post
I'm sticking around and not ditching the game because of this small hurdle.
I love the game.
I appreciate what the staff is doing and I will be patient waiting for it to return.

Beth
I agree with Beth and I have my fingers crossed for Monday. I wish to plant new crops on Monday. To my knowledge FB does nothing on the weekends.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Oct 08 2022, 01:06 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

is it coming back? when sick of same answer and perturbs that if they knew these issues were fixed why they let me spend all this money day before closed or day of. one thing i counted on on this Facebook sight as all games came and went was Farmtown been on since 209 and well i invest in last year over 2600 dollars. because they proved to me they were staying. They had lots of time to comply or let us know not to buy. i hate disputing charges. i just got out the worst hurricane my life and Farmtown for so many of us gave us peace and escape.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 08 2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Dubrasky View Post
is it coming back? when sick of same answer and perturbs that if they knew these issues were fixed why they let me spend all this money day before closed or day of. one thing i counted on on this Facebook sight as all games came and went was Farmtown been on since 209 and well i invest in last year over 2600 dollars. because they proved to me they were staying. They had lots of time to comply or let us know not to buy. i hate disputing charges. i just got out the worst hurricane my life and Farmtown for so many of us gave us peace and escape.
Hi Jeanne Dubrasky

I moved your post to the thread about Game not loading.

The developers didnt receive a warning from Facebook, the game was simply deactivated without a word.

Your previous post about this problem was responded in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...38#post6511738
Old Oct 08 2022, 01:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Wow....reading through some of the replies to the post on Farmtown's Facebook profile has my head spinning. They provided the information as to what happened, what measures have been taken, told us basically the ball is in Facebook's court now, and that as soon as Facebook reviews the requested fix, and approves it, the game will be back. They also provided another update saying that they were still waiting to hear back from Facebook. Yet, people are still posting theories, things they've "heard", rumors, and their own opinions saying the game isn't coming back.

I, for one, will remain patient, won't abandon the game, and look forward to when the game is up and running again. Yes, I have put money into playing this game, but if I have to wait it out till it comes back, I will...all without complaint. I love this game, it helps me wind down at the end of the day, and it gives me something to do while the husband is watching his tv shows/movies that I don't like. LOL

I want to give a shout out to the developers for continuing to add new content to the game, and to those who run these forums. You all do a bang up job, and your efforts give us, the players, many hours of fun while we play the game.

So, let's put the theories and rumors to the side, enjoy chatting with each other here, and make plans for what we will do once the game comes back. I am actually redesigning my farms on paper so that I can change things up a bit when it comes back online.

Have a great weekend, be patient, and I hope to see you back playing the game soon!
Old Oct 08 2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Jeanne Dubrasky

The developers didnt receive a warning from Facebook, the game was simply deactivated without a word.

Your previous post about this problem was responded in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...38#post6511738
Goodness. I didn't know this part. I'm also a software developer and I had a similar thing happen to my app - one part of it was just deactivated with no warning. I really thought mine was my fault - that I had misinterpreted something I was supposed to do. But the company that shut me down actually called last night to apologize and tell me a glitch in their system had caused it. Wish FB would call Raul and apologize - AFTER they get us back up and running.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error