Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 03 2015, 11:33 PM

Default More on neighbors

I hate to keep harping on the problems with the neighbor screens, but....

Now I have the dreaded red message telling me that my neighbor list is full and I need to delete some. The problem is that the screen is fully loaded, but still dimmed out, so I do not have any way to do that.
What can be done to fix this? The screen takes forever to load which is irritating enough, but when it's basically useless once it load, well..... you can image the rest.

For those of us who have been playing the game since the exception, the limitations on the number of neighbors we can have is really discouraging. I have deleted anyone who is not actively playing, but with the new options Slashkey has added, game play really requires us to have as many neighbors as possible. I like to help newer players by accepting them as neighbors, but I can't do that due to the limitation either. I hope this can be looked at and increased.

... and I still have the issue of not being able to find neighbors in the bar under the chat window in the game. I just looked for a lower level player that would have been easy to spot after sorting the list by level, but that neighbor just is not there.

Another long time neighbor hired me as a Super Neighbor, but when I go to her farm, there are no tools available. I wish these things could be fixed so that we can help each other.
Old Jul 04 2015, 12:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattin View Post
I hate to keep harping on the problems with the neighbor screens, but....

Now I have the dreaded red message telling me that my neighbor list is full and I need to delete some. The problem is that the screen is fully loaded, but still dimmed out, so I do not have any way to do that.
What can be done to fix this? The screen takes forever to load which is irritating enough, but when it's basically useless once it load, well..... you can image the rest.

For those of us who have been playing the game since the exception, the limitations on the number of neighbors we can have is really discouraging. I have deleted anyone who is not actively playing, but with the new options Slashkey has added, game play really requires us to have as many neighbors as possible. I like to help newer players by accepting them as neighbors, but I can't do that due to the limitation either. I hope this can be looked at and increased.

... and I still have the issue of not being able to find neighbors in the bar under the chat window in the game. I just looked for a lower level player that would have been easy to spot after sorting the list by level, but that neighbor just is not there.

Another long time neighbor hired me as a Super Neighbor, but when I go to her farm, there are no tools available. I wish these things could be fixed so that we can help each other.
Hi Chattin,
I am sorry, but you have 111 neighbors and that is at the maximum. You should be able to click on the message to close it and then be able to remove any you wish to add someone else. The screen probably takes forever to load because any Facebook friends you have that play or have previously played Farm Town are on that list. This was mentioned before that if you have over 1000 friends who play then the list will take a long tiome to load. The only way to get it to load faster is to lower the number of Facebook friends you have that play Farm Town.
The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not everyones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length. so it can vary from 80 to 110. depending on the ID's of your neighbors. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 14 2015, 02:56 AM

Default Shows Neighbor Sent Me a Gift, but She Didn't

This started happening a couple of months ago. 2 of my neighbors were shown as sending gifts. They hadn't been playing for quite awhile. I thought I must have missed seeing them giving me gifts, so I sent them gifts back. They stayed on my list for 'neighbors helping', so I continued sending them gifts. One of them dropped off that list, but the other stayed on. Before the last one went off the list, it showed she had sent another one. So she stayed on the list. The other day I noticed she was at the bottom of the 'neighbors helping'. Now tonite I saw her name showing that she sent me a gift. She did NOT. I've been taking note of who has sent me gifts & she never did. Why is it showing she gave me one when she didn't??? I checked the neighbor's list to see when the last time she was on Farmtown. The last time she was on was Nov. 2014. What's going on here?

Kat
Old Jul 14 2015, 08:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katusha View Post
This started happening a couple of months ago. 2 of my neighbors were shown as sending gifts. They hadn't been playing for quite awhile. I thought I must have missed seeing them giving me gifts, so I sent them gifts back. They stayed on my list for 'neighbors helping', so I continued sending them gifts. One of them dropped off that list, but the other stayed on. Before the last one went off the list, it showed she had sent another one. So she stayed on the list. The other day I noticed she was at the bottom of the 'neighbors helping'. Now tonite I saw her name showing that she sent me a gift. She did NOT. I've been taking note of who has sent me gifts & she never did. Why is it showing she gave me one when she didn't??? I checked the neighbor's list to see when the last time she was on Farmtown. The last time she was on was Nov. 2014. What's going on here?

Kat
Hi Kat,
That list is not just for gifts. If they do anything for helping such as click on a bonus or an ingredient request (even if it is expired or you have reached your limit) then it will show them as having helped, but would not show them as active in the game.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 14 2015, 12:22 PM

Thanks for that explanation Taz. The thing is, below the farmtown screen, it shows who sent a gift, helped with facilities, helped with a bonus. The one from this lady always says she sent a gift, not helped with a bonus, facilities, etc. as my other neighbors are down for. Let's say I sent her a gift 2 weeks ago & she just clicked on it today. Then she clicked on send a gift back. Could it be that the gift link is too old & didn't actually send me a gift? Is there a time limit on how long the gift links last, like there is a time limit on bonuses & helping with facilities? Hope I explained that ok.

Kat
Old Jul 14 2015, 12:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katusha View Post
Thanks for that explanation Taz. The thing is, below the farmtown screen, it shows who sent a gift, helped with facilities, helped with a bonus. The one from this lady always says she sent a gift, not helped with a bonus, facilities, etc. as my other neighbors are down for. Let's say I sent her a gift 2 weeks ago & she just clicked on it today. Then she clicked on send a gift back. Could it be that the gift link is too old & didn't actually send me a gift? Is there a time limit on how long the gift links last, like there is a time limit on bonuses & helping with facilities? Hope I explained that ok.

Kat
Hi Kat,
As far as I know there isn't an expiration on gifts. However, for her name to show under the game that she sent a gift you would have had to accept it. Gifts in your My Requests do not show under the game until you accept them. So maybe you accepted their gift and didn't realize you had.
Old Jul 15 2015, 02:10 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I'm thinking of making someone a "Super Neighbor" but would like to find something out first. If I change my mind later on (or after I'm out of hospital don't need anymore), can I "undo" the deed -- is there some way of taking back the "Super Neighbor" thing? Sorry but need to ask as in the New Releases it says "PERMANENT" and that is scary to me.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 15 2015, 02:19 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
I'm thinking of making someone a "Super Neighbor" but would like to find something out first. If I change my mind later on (or after I'm out of hospital don't need anymore), can I "undo" the deed -- is there some way of taking back the "Super Neighbor" thing? Sorry but need to ask as in the New Releases it says "PERMANENT" and that is scary to me.
Hi,

Yes, the same place you made them a super neighbour (neighbours bar at the bottom of your game screen). You just remove the check marks from the boxes for "Permanently Hired for Farming" and "Allow Planting" and click the green check mark.
Old Jul 15 2015, 05:48 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

You are wonderful, Tiger!! Thank you so much - takes a lot off my mind -- have all my valuables hidden on my farms. ;-)

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 15 2015, 06:40 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnetimpeiro@msn.com View Post
You are wonderful, Tiger!! Thank you so much - takes a lot off my mind -- have all my valuables hidden on my farms. ;-)
you are welcome lynnetimpeiro, glad we could help

Tags
add neighbor, beige dot, blue dot, colored dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbors, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools