Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 26 2014, 10:51 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

not sure if anyone else is having this problem.. but with every single step i do on the cooperative quests i get a error on my game.. and have to re load the game every single step...My sister is also having the same problem..... today is the first time either of us has tried this

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 26 2014, 10:57 AM

Default Coop Quests, nav bar

I can't read the neighbors information bar. The spaces / person are too small to contain all of the information?! There needs to be some better spacing, or information "on hover" maybe? or does that have to be written in a different programming language? (heeh)
~Raenie (the unknowing one )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
i understand the Sell buttons on my neighbor's quests are only there if the neighbor put a flag on that item.

i don't understand what the criteria are for having a Buy button.
- there's Buy buttons on stuff i don't need
- one neighbor only had Buy buttons on stuff that didn't have a checkmark
- one neighbor only had Buy buttons on stuff that did have a checkmark
- another neighbor had Buy buttons on stuff regardless of checkmarks
- also, it seem like if the neighbor is ready for the last step, there are no more Buy buttons

I'm really glad that they decided the 24 hr limit to finish quests is gone.

Navigation between neighbors is HORRENDOUS!!!!
either:
- have Sort By Coop Quests in neighbor's bar AND put the neighbor's name on the quest mgr so we don't get lost
OR
- have a navigation option inside the quest mgr

Overall, i welcome something new todo this winter and think this shows promise BUT the neighbor navigation is a deal breaker.
Farm Link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...m_id=791579540

Old Sep 26 2014, 12:45 PM

Default Neighbor Bar

neighbor bar - Can we get a new order option to list them by people who have a coop quest open

ex order by coop quest open

Thanks
Old Sep 26 2014, 02:34 PM

What do you do when you are unable to move the yellow help note to the box where you are asking for help? My note won't drag down to the box.
Old Sep 26 2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlady View Post
What do you do when you are unable to move the yellow help note to the box where you are asking for help? My note won't drag down to the box.
Hi texlady,

You don't drag the yellow note, you click it, move it, then click it again where you want to put it

Hope this helps

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Sep 26 2014, 03:22 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I think you have hit the nail on the head - one of the things I hated about that "other" game was having to continually bug my friends for stuff. I dont have time to trawl through and find people to help me get stuff either. I know this is prob designed to help us be more "social" which I dont mind but I hate bugging people to help me play games
Just a news flash people. I didn't see anywhere in this thread that said the co op quests were mandatory. No more so than the regular quests are mandatory. Nor are buying factories mandatory.

Yes some people have more neighbors and friends but that really has nothing to do with it. It's a challenge. Lots of people don't like having to ask their neighbors for help. so don't play. Some people like these new one's some people don't. plain and simple. You play the way YOU want to play. no one is telling you that you have to do something different than you feel comfortable with.

The devs are constantly trying to keep this game interesting and certainly do not add things at the rate that other farm game does. You ALWAYS need help on that one. Farmtown is the best simply because you really don't need to interact with another soul if you don't want to.

but then some would argue that isn't possible because the dev's want real money to buy tools to do your own work. Bottom line here people ' you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you will NEVER please all of the people all of the time.

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 26 2014, 03:27 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Hmmmm . . . I'm a little concerned about this, too. For example, my first co-op quest is to load 10 scrabble games in a facility. I've worked it to the point where I now need to buy/sell a scrabble game. Seems like that is VERY unlikely to happen. So does that mean this quest is just dead in the water? If that's the case - if there are no other ways to finish it - that's not going to keep people motivated, I don't think. The tendency is going to be to look at a quest, see that it has an unlikely item at the very end and then just not start it. Why go to the trouble to even begin it if you can tell up front that it's probably not going to happen. And frankly, I haven't been paying attention, but I assume I've been using coins to buy the various items I've needed for this quest so if that's the case, there's a penalty for even trying an unlikely/long-shot kind of quest. Maybe we need some tweaks here? Some other way we can get the unlikely items? Otherwise, I think the co-op quests will only appeal to a few and their success is tied to being able to appeal to lots of folks.
I think most of these quests will have some unusual item that it is unlikely any of our neighbors will need the same item. Just a suggestion in case no one has thought about it - I go to my neighbors that are participating to see if they have any items I need and they need. this morning I was able to find 3 things.

I had 5 help notes. The notes if I'm not mistaken are based on how many steps you have in the quest. So check neighbors first for the easier items and THEN use your yellow help notes on the odd stuff.

I started one this morning and it had like 10 steps. I got 3 or 4 items from neighbors who needed the same thing. then I used my sticky notes for the weird things like violin and bow.

Just a thought.

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 26 2014, 03:36 PM

Ok, so when I use a yellow sticky note and people come to my farm, does that item say "Sell" or "Buy"? I'm thinking the yellow stickies create "Sell" messages, right? I've been checking through my neighbors since last night and I haven't seen any "Sell" notes yet - and the "Buy" ones, I have to have a quest of my own that needs that item before I can buy. Am I just missing the "Sell" items or am I confused about how the stickies work?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 26 2014, 03:40 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Ok, so when I use a yellow sticky note and people come to my farm, does that item say "Sell" or "Buy"? I'm thinking the yellow stickies create "Sell" messages, right? I've been checking through my neighbors since last night and I haven't seen any "Sell" notes yet - and the "Buy" ones, I have to have a quest of my own that needs that item before I can buy. Am I just missing the "Sell" items or am I confused about how the stickies work?
when you use a yellow HELP note any of your friends that play FT or your neighbors can come to your farm and click on that step with the yellow note. I can't remember if it says buy or sell - probably sell. they do NOT have to need that item also.

I don't think everyone has actually gotten the co op quests mastered yet and aren't quite sure how the yellow notes work. Like I said I check my neighbors first to see if I can get the mundane things - lumber, sugarcane whatever - then when you are down to the hard things like violin and bow or scrabble board use the yellow sticky cause then ANYONE can come to your farm and click on it.

hope that helps

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 26 2014, 03:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hello Farmer Susan,

When a neighbor uses a sticky note and you visit their farm you will see "Sell" so that you can sell the item they need. When you see "Buy" that is if you need that item for your quest you can purchase that item from your neighbor.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Closed Thread