Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 26 2014, 08:53 AM

And here's a question . . . so basically my first co-op quest is done (or will be in 3 hours) and I'm just waiting for time to pass so I can start the second one. Does that mean there's no reason I should check my neighbor's co-op quests right now because I wouldn't be able to help? Or can you help even if you don't have any co-op quests going?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 26 2014, 09:44 AM

Default Co-op Quest

I am VERY confused, first of all I do NOT see any blue dots, when I click on a neighbors icon, the bottom menu choice will take me to their quest, if they have one (some don't). Then, when I attempt to help them by clicking on an item that they need and that I have to sell them, nothing happens? I just finished a quest, and frankly, I'm not even sure what I did. I needed to buy some leather, then when I went back, some leather was available, but I am not sure who helped me? Is this just me? I have had no problems with any other areas of this game (including the regular quests). I am a long time player with loads of friends, so this should be easy?
Old Sep 26 2014, 09:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
I am VERY confused, first of all I do NOT see any blue dots, when I click on a neighbors icon, the bottom menu choice will take me to their quest, if they have one (some don't). Then, when I attempt to help them by clicking on an item that they need and that I have to sell them, nothing happens? I just finished a quest, and frankly, I'm not even sure what I did. I needed to buy some leather, then when I went back, some leather was available, but I am not sure who helped me? Is this just me? I have had no problems with any other areas of this game (including the regular quests). I am a long time player with loads of friends, so this should be easy?
Hi ckpeer,
The blue dots should be in the neighbor bar on each neighbor who has a co-op quest open.
You can only sell them items they have attached a note to and it will say Sell in the box. That is why when you clicked to help nothing happened.
When you clicked to buy the leather in another's quest then that completed your leather. If you use a note to ask for help and someone sells you the product then you will see their picture in that box showing you who helped you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 26 2014, 09:53 AM

This quest thing is a waste of time. I think this will be my first and last quest.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Sep 26 2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi ckpeer,
The blue dots should be in the neighbor bar on each neighbor who has a co-op quest open.
You can only sell them items they have attached a note to and it will say Sell in the box. That is why when you clicked to help nothing happened.
When you clicked to buy the leather in another's quest then that completed your leather. If you use a note to ask for help and someone sells you the product then you will see their picture in that box showing you who helped you.
Thanks for the quick reply Taz, I still do NOT see a blue dot. There is a green dot when a neighbor is online, and no dot when the neighbor is offline. The only way I can tell if an individual has a quest is to click on their icon, that takes me to a menu on which the bottom choice takes me to either their co-op quest or gives me a message stating that they do not have a co-op quest. I did not find another neighbor who had leather, so did not click on their leather in a quest. I also did not send a note asking for help with the leather. I did poke around quite a few of my neighbors quests, clicking on items that I knew I had, but nothing happened. (I found no leather on this hunt.) I am on server WF-4. Hope this helps. Is this lack of a blue dot a glitch?
Old Sep 26 2014, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Taz, I still do NOT see a blue dot. There is a green dot when a neighbor is online, and no dot when the neighbor is offline. The only way I can tell if an individual has a quest is to click on their icon, that takes me to a menu on which the bottom choice takes me to either their co-op quest or gives me a message stating that they do not have a co-op quest. I did not find another neighbor who had leather, so did not click on their leather in a quest. I also did not send a note asking for help with the leather. I did poke around quite a few of my neighbors quests, clicking on items that I knew I had, but nothing happened. (I found no leather on this hunt.) I am on server WF-4. Hope this helps. Is this lack of a blue dot a glitch?
The blue dot would be right below where the green dot is. If you aren't seeing them then try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Check again when you reopen. Look at the ones you know have a quest open.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 26 2014, 10:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

too time consuming, it would take me an hr to just check my neighbors, i have the max and out of that only 8 have a open quest, which mkes me wonder if people even got notified out avout it
Old Sep 26 2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Well . . . I just don't know! I was going to say that if none of my neighbors have the item I needed (in this case, a Scrabble board) that they couldn't help. But I just checked and one of my neighbors WAS able to help so I just loaded up my Scrabble board into the Nursing Home and my first co-op quest should be finished in 3 hours!

I'm confused, though - does that mean my neighbor also had a quest with a Scrabble board? How was she able to help? That just seemed sooooo unlikely!
I had an uncommonly easy first try. It was done almost immediately. But I hear people complaining that the odds are against finding someone with the same quest and that's the only way it works. Now I read about "BUY options". They must be lit up to take advantage, which is what makes the flags so valuable. I didn't see any optional things at all. Oh well, it's only day 2!!!
Old Sep 26 2014, 10:43 AM

So I started my first purple quest yesterday. I had the option of asking one person for help.

Someone sold me that item. Now I'm out of requests, but I need to buy something else. No one else is selling the item that I need.

Where am I supposed to get if from, if not via request? Do I just have to wait until the quest expires?

Is there someplace where these quests are explained more in detail?

tia,
Farm Link:
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...m_id=791579540

Old Sep 26 2014, 10:48 AM
Account Not Linked

i understand the Sell buttons on my neighbor's quests are only there if the neighbor put a flag on that item.

i don't understand what the criteria are for having a Buy button.
- there's Buy buttons on stuff i don't need
- one neighbor only had Buy buttons on stuff that didn't have a checkmark
- one neighbor only had Buy buttons on stuff that did have a checkmark
- another neighbor had Buy buttons on stuff regardless of checkmarks
- also, it seem like if the neighbor is ready for the last step, there are no more Buy buttons

I'm really glad that they decided the 24 hr limit to finish quests is gone.

Navigation between neighbors is HORRENDOUS!!!!
either:
- have Sort By Coop Quests in neighbor's bar AND put the neighbor's name on the quest mgr so we don't get lost
OR
- have a navigation option inside the quest mgr

Overall, i welcome something new todo this winter and think this shows promise BUT the neighbor navigation is a deal breaker.
Closed Thread