Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 25 2014, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Nelson View Post
Wondering ... if I can go to the marketplace to 'buy' what I need in this 'blue' quest?

Hey, I could invite them to my farm, and then let them see my quest....
Would that work?
Hi James,
Sorry, but strangers can not help with those quests.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 25 2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi James,
Sorry, but strangers can not help with those quests.
evidently fb friends can help with the 'help' item but not the buy items, right?
Old Sep 25 2014, 09:56 PM

Happy to see the Cooperative Quests! Should be fun. One suggestion - might help to have the neighbor's name at the top of the Quest window. I was going along my neighbor bar checking all of them and I kept forgetting where I was.

Also, one neighbor had the blue "Collect Coins" thing. Since it was blue, it made me think I could collect some coins, too, but I clicked it and nothing happened. If we're supposed to get coins, mine didn't work. If we're not, maybe that button shouldn't be visible to non-owners? Or shouldn't be blue?

Anyway . . . just thoughts. So far, so good! I got probably 8 - 10 things I needed just in one round through my neighbors and a lot of neighbors hadn't started quests yet. Should be even better as more people play.

Thanks, devs!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 25 2014, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
evidently fb friends can help with the 'help' item but not the buy items, right?
Hi Rugged Barbie,
Apparently you can do both as long as they are friends. Only strangers are excluded.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 25 2014, 11:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Very disappointed in the new co-operative Quests. Seems this is only going to benefit those people who have loads neighbours of wanting to participate and then actually have the same items. The one thing I have liked about FT is that we are able to play the game mostly on our own with the minimum of help from friends and neighbours.

So far I have none of my neighbours with the same items I need, so using "notes" is of no use and with the short time we have to complete them, this appears to be a total waste of time

I know this is a new thing and maybe in time more neighbours will be interested, but I doubt there will be many of my neighbours actually wanting to go with this as I am not sure there is more than a handful of them actually doing the regular quests.

It's a shame we have to have the same items as another neighbour to get them and not just visit a neighbours farm and "sell" them an item they need, via the quest button on their farm. This still involves a neighbour willing to visit your farm and do this for you.

Think I will be giving co-operative quests a miss for now
Old Sep 26 2014, 12:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Raul just posted updates on the co-op quests:

Post Release Updates - September 26th, 1:00AM EST

Cooperative Quests changes:

-To help on the initial phase we increased the expiration time for all Cooperative Quests by 3 days, this applies only to newly created quests, this may go down or up again in the future
-To help on the initial phase we increased the Buy limit per single quest from 1 to unlimited, this number may go down again in the future
-We now show how many coins were spent or earned when buying and selling products to friends
-Show explanation with the meaning of the blue dot when someone opens a neighbour Quest Manager that doesn't have any active quests
-Fixed bug that was showing null in some Cooperative Quest Managers
Old Sep 26 2014, 01:08 AM
Account Not Linked

I think the co-op quests are great and I think its very clever and I think its fun...I know..thats alot of thinking for me...but..well done dev team......but on another note..I have serious doubts about completing mine by finding a dental chart..lol!!
Old Sep 26 2014, 02:00 AM

in co-op quest..(load pillow case) i need 6 items to buy (sold by my neighbor who is willing to visit ) but my help 'ticket' are only for 3.. now my problem is i can't fine (well yet) among my neighbor who are having the blue ink, the pillow case, and the silk textile roll in their quest lol i have lots of neighbor but only few has a blue button on their avatar
Old Sep 26 2014, 02:58 AM

Odds of finding a similar quest are astronomical. Not enough friends in the world.

FUGGEDABOUDIT.

Next?
Old Sep 26 2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
Very disappointed in the new co-operative Quests. Seems this is only going to benefit those people who have loads neighbours of wanting to participate and then actually have the same items. The one thing I have liked about FT is that we are able to play the game mostly on our own with the minimum of help from friends and neighbours.

So far I have none of my neighbours with the same items I need, so using "notes" is of no use and with the short time we have to complete them, this appears to be a total waste of time

I know this is a new thing and maybe in time more neighbours will be interested, but I doubt there will be many of my neighbours actually wanting to go with this as I am not sure there is more than a handful of them actually doing the regular quests.

It's a shame we have to have the same items as another neighbour to get them and not just visit a neighbours farm and "sell" them an item they need, via the quest button on their farm. This still involves a neighbour willing to visit your farm and do this for you.

Think I will be giving co-operative quests a miss for now
I think you have hit the nail on the head - one of the things I hated about that "other" game was having to continually bug my friends for stuff. I dont have time to trawl through and find people to help me get stuff either. I know this is prob designed to help us be more "social" which I dont mind but I hate bugging people to help me play games

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Closed Thread