Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 31 2013, 06:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxximom View Post
I can't get the lifesaver to work on the quests. I keep getting these long quests that take 6 hours for crude and 6 hours for petro and 6 hours for turpentine. yadayadayada. I clicked on the life preserver and asked for ingredients for the turpentine. My friends sent it to me, but the quest did not give me any credit for it. What am I missing?
There are 3 different Life Lines which are random just as the quests are. Each one allows you to use different methods to get the items needed. Here is alink to the Game Guide information on them which explains the use of each one:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...94#post5157794
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 31 2013, 06:42 PM

I followed those instructions. I have the gift life line activated on the boots quest. My neighbors sent me turpentine and it does not register. In fact this is the third time I have tried to use a life line and it does not work. Yes I made sure I stored it first. I just don't think it is working right.

Last edited by taxximom; Jan 31 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old Jan 31 2013, 06:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I followed those instructions. I have the gift life line activated on the boots quest. My neighbors sent me turpentine and it does not register. In fact this is the third time I have tried to use a life line and it does not work.
If you ask for an ingredient request for turpentine then what you will get is the petrochemical barrel to make the turpentine. To get turpentine itself you need to ask for ingredients to make something like rubber.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 31 2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I followed those instructions. I have the gift life line activated on the boots quest. My neighbors sent me turpentine and it does not register. In fact this is the third time I have tried to use a life line and it does not work.
i think when you asked for the turpentine.. the gifts that will go to your gift box are the ingredients for it not the turpentine itself... try to post for the boots.. it might sent you the ingredients for it and turpentine included.. just a thought
Old Jan 31 2013, 06:50 PM

I will try that. Thanks
Old Jan 31 2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I will try that. Thanks
YW.. hope it work..
Old Jan 31 2013, 07:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunders storm View Post
i think when you asked for the turpentine.. the gifts that will go to your gift box are the ingredients for it not the turpentine itself... try to post for the boots.. it might sent you the ingredients for it and turpentine included.. just a thought
That will not work as the turpentine is needed to make the rubber for the boots and not for making the boots themselves. The ingredients request will only give you the items you see listed in the green question mark for that item.
Old Feb 02 2013, 07:23 AM

Hi all , just a friendly reminder , this thread is for General Feedback , if you require help on Quests , please post in this thread... http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468066

If you have a Suggestion for Quests , please post in this thread .. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469794

Posts that are in the wrong section are likely to be overlooked , moved or deleted so please try and post in the correct thread.

Thanks
Old Feb 04 2013, 08:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down Quest complaint

I know the lifelines are supposed to help. I used the lifeline a couple times and they did. This one I have now proves useless to me...and it goes with being punished for not having facilities that cost farm cash. It is the NEXT to last part of this quest and it wants me to make a curry comb in the farm stable or what ever facil that is...so I hit the quest life line thinking I will get the goods by working on a person facils and then I can after getting it do the last one but no, this one shows get the ingredients by a gift...I can make all the ingredients, just cannot make the currycomb. I mean to say I have the darned ingredients...they are useless in this, and here I am the next to the last of a several step more compicated quest and it was a waste of my time. First time you fool me, shame on you, second time you fool me, shame on me.
Old Feb 04 2013, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmeme View Post
I know the lifelines are supposed to help. I used the lifeline a couple times and they did. This one I have now proves useless to me...and it goes with being punished for not having facilities that cost farm cash. It is the NEXT to last part of this quest and it wants me to make a curry comb in the farm stable or what ever facil that is...so I hit the quest life line thinking I will get the goods by working on a person facils and then I can after getting it do the last one but no, this one shows get the ingredients by a gift...I can make all the ingredients, just cannot make the currycomb. I mean to say I have the darned ingredients...they are useless in this, and here I am the next to the last of a several step more compicated quest and it was a waste of my time. First time you fool me, shame on you, second time you fool me, shame on me.
The lifelines are random just as the quests are. Sometimes you get what works for the quest in your own situation and sometimes you don't.