Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 29 2012, 09:23 AM

When the quests first came out I did a quest farm but after a while it became too time consuming. I kept the flowers and trees on it so they are always available. Now I have a few plots on one farm where I plant anything I need. I prefer doing it this way now and I don't mind if I have to let one expire if I don't have the final facility. I still get plenty of coins and am more relaxed!!
Old Sep 30 2012, 12:46 PM

Well I am almost through with a quest but because I did not buy (real Money) the party store I cannot finish the quest so I guess I have to let it expire and not get anything. Oh well such is life with Farm Town Won't be doing anymore of these.
Old Sep 30 2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nile View Post
When the quests first came out I did a quest farm but after a while it became too time consuming. I kept the flowers and trees on it so they are always available. Now I have a few plots on one farm where I plant anything I need. I prefer doing it this way now and I don't mind if I have to let one expire if I don't have the final facility. I still get plenty of coins and am more relaxed!!
Exactly what I do!!
Old Sep 30 2012, 01:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalMomzz View Post
Well I am almost through with a quest but because I did not buy (real Money) the party store I cannot finish the quest so I guess I have to let it expire and not get anything. Oh well such is life with Farm Town Won't be doing anymore of these.
Before you start a quest you can see what facility the last step needs and if you don't have that facility then just don't start the quest.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 30 2012, 03:45 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
Before you start a quest you can see what facility the last step needs and if you don't have that facility then just don't start the quest.
Yes and no. If the last step is to load something into a service facility, and the product is one of those that can be loaded into more than one facility, it doesn't tell you WHICH facility it will be need to be loaded into. The best you can do is see which facilities it CAN be loaded into. So if you have one of the service facilities it can be loaded into, but not the other, there is no way of knowing, until you get to the last step, whether you can complete the quest. This happened to me once, and since I didn't have the required facility, it was rather annoying. I think FarmTown should tell you right up front exactly which service facility will be needed to complete the quest, not just say load it into "a facility" as if either one would do. (Devs - are you listening?)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 30 2012, 04:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Yes and no. If the last step is to load something into a service facility, and the product is one of those that can be loaded into more than one facility, it doesn't tell you WHICH facility it will be need to be loaded into. The best you can do is see which facilities it CAN be loaded into. So if you have one of the service facilities it can be loaded into, but not the other, there is no way of knowing, until you get to the last step, whether you can complete the quest. This happened to me once, and since I didn't have the required facility, it was rather annoying. I think FarmTown should tell you right up front exactly which service facility will be needed to complete the quest, not just say load it into "a facility" as if either one would do. (Devs - are you listening?)
That is true but there isn't that many that can be loaded into 2 facilities, but most people don't look at the last step to see which facility it can be loaded into and then complain when they don't have that facility and wasted their time making the items, just like there is items that will go into a service facility that doesn't show it in the help screen and it would be nice if it did.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.

Last edited by Molly Mew; Sep 30 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: re mods and devs
Old Oct 01 2012, 07:50 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
And just to illustrate my point, here is today's quest - "Load 50 FarmTown strong beer in a service" (that's what it says, not even room for the final word "facility"). So, I click the final step, and then on "See what facilities to stock with FarmTown Strong Beer," only to see that there are two possibilities - the Dance Club, which I do not own, and the Pub, which I do own. Which will it be? The only way to find out will be to complete the rest of the quest. Not that I will lose anything by trying - I will after all end up with some FarmTown strong beer to sell one way or the other, but really, it would be nice to know now!!
Visit 's Farm

Old Oct 01 2012, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
And just to illustrate my point, here is today's quest - "Load 50 FarmTown strong beer in a service" (that's what it says, not even room for the final word "facility"). So, I click the final step, and then on "See what facilities to stock with FarmTown Strong Beer," only to see that there are two possibilities - the Dance Club, which I do not own, and the Pub, which I do own. Which will it be? The only way to find out will be to complete the rest of the quest. Not that I will lose anything by trying - I will after all end up with some FarmTown strong beer to sell one way or the other, but really, it would be nice to know now!!
It goes in the Pub, so you are good to go for this one. That doesn't solve the problem and I agree we should be able to see the last step facility just by hovering over the block.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 01 2012, 02:19 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
It goes in the Pub, so you are good to go for this one. That doesn't solve the problem and I agree we should be able to see the last step facility just by hovering over the block.
How do you know? Aren't the quests individualized? Or can you somehow peek into my account?
Visit 's Farm

Old Oct 01 2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
How do you know? Aren't the quests individualized? Or can you somehow peek into my account?
Hi, only the Developers would be able to check which quest you have, the quest to 'Load 50 Farm Town strong beer in a service (facility)' is the same quest for everyone. That would be how Taz knows