Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 19 2012, 08:57 AM

I have an unusual problem. I get the same 4 quests, over and over.....
Old Apr 19 2012, 10:05 AM

the problem with your suggestion to buy the facility, some of us do not have the money to spend on games....also you can't get another quest until that one is finished and if you can't do it then you may have to wait days before it is gone
Old Apr 19 2012, 11:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarsh View Post
the problem with your suggestion to buy the facility, some of us do not have the money to spend on games....also you can't get another quest until that one is finished and if you can't do it then you may have to wait days before it is gone

Unless it has just changed, one quest does not have to finish or expire before the next quest is available. A new quest is available every FT day, which is every 20 hrs.
If you don't do one, just wait 20 hrs and open another one. Maybe it will be one you can do.
Old Apr 20 2012, 12:40 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarsh View Post
You can....I have 3 runner at the moment

Farming Since 30th April 2009
Old Apr 20 2012, 01:59 AM

Default No doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker grrrrrl View Post
OK here's my 2 cents worth regarding the quests. First of all, I love them. But if I don't have the facility needed to complete the quest, I either buy it, or skip the quest.

So..... My current, ongoing quest is to load 20X Eau de Toilette into a service facility. It doesn't say *which* service facility, it just says to load it into a service facility. I went to the forum Game Guide to see which service facility it was, and it told me the Beauty Salon. OK, makes sense.....

I didn't have the Beauty Salon, but I did have enough Farm Cash, so I bought it. No huge deal.... I placed it on my farm, and waited for all the other steps to complete, so that I can load the Eau de Toilette.

So imagine my dismay, when the time comes to load the Eau de Toilette, it is telling me to load it into the mini mall. Sigh......... If I had known at the beginning, exactly *which* service facility I needed, I may have chosen to just ignore this quest, and wait until tomorrow's quest.

Just for fun, I loaded it into the Beauty Salon, but.... no go.

So now I have to decide... do I get the Mini Mall, or just let the quest die out. GRRRR...

Perhaps, when we are mousing over the steps in a quest, it could tell us exactly which facilities we need to complete said quest. I am kinda bummed, as I actually took the time to read the Game Guide, and it said Beauty Salon for the Eau de Toilette.

I doubt I will buy the Mini Mall just for one quest, as I don't have the other facilities to support it.

I feel slightly hosed.
Like most other parts of the game (and all other beta platforms) they employ tactics to entice users to spend real money for credits to support further development. Think of it this way: You are occasionally paying for the opportunity to play for free AND offer suggestions. I've noticed that some facilities are now available for coins rather than cash, as they used to require. When was the last free lunch you all remember? I know, Costco, but you have to walk while you nibble and, unless you are a talented romancer of older women, seconds are not always available. I just bought sections of the new train track to run straight though one of my farms, then searched for half an hour for the engine and passenger car I saw SOMEWHERE, but could not find them. I am still wondering if one can actually place them on the new tracks, which would be a breakthrough. My Vineyard, which I have not played recently, allows one to place engines and a variety of cars that MOVE along the rail bed. Like ducks, for instance. Toot! Quack!

Last edited by Suntanned; Apr 20 2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old Apr 20 2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntanned View Post
Like most other parts of the game (and all other beta platforms) they employ tactics to entice users to spend real money for credits to support further development. Think of it this way: You are occasionally paying for the opportunity to play for free AND offer suggestions. I've noticed that some facilities are now available for coins rather than cash, as they used to require. When was the last free lunch you all remember? I know, Costco, but you have to walk while you nibble and, unless you are a talented romancer of older women, seconds are not always available. I just bought sections of the new train track to run straight though one of my farms, then searched for half an hour for the engine and passenger car I saw SOMEWHERE, but could not find them. I am still wondering if one can actually place them on the new tracks, which would be a breakthrough. My Vineyard, which I have not played recently, allows one to place engines and a variety of cars that MOVE along the rail bed. Like ducks, for instance. Toot! Quack!
Hi, just on the trains ..

Finding the Train items...

It is best to switch the display to alphabetical .

Train Tracks ....... Paths/Grounds section

Train Depot ....... Buildings section

Train and carriages

Red passenger locomotive .... Motion section

Red passenger wagon ........... Motion section

You can place them on the tracks , however they do not move (or waddle )
Old Apr 20 2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntanned View Post

Not sure exactly what you mean by "some facilities are now available for coins rather than cash, as they used to require."
There have always been facilities that could be purchased by coins and others purchased with FC. NONE have been changed from FC to coins. This would not be fair to the ones that purchased with FC. (Unless the devs refunded our original FC! LOL)
Deborah
Old Apr 20 2012, 05:47 PM

Default re

well I got a quest for pischtatoes snacks, and I have to be lvl 85 and I'm only 63 at the moment, oh well.
onward
troyn
Old Apr 21 2012, 03:24 PM

Default Life lines

I have a quest to make coconut ice creme, I did not want to wait for my coconuts to get done so I clicked on the life line, I got you can receive this as a gift from a friend. Well you cannot get coconuts as a gift, so I am screwed and now I cannot use the life line until my coconut ice creme is done
Old Apr 21 2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Rubin View Post
I have a quest to make coconut ice creme, I did not want to wait for my coconuts to get done so I clicked on the life line, I got you can receive this as a gift from a friend. Well you cannot get coconuts as a gift, so I am screwed and now I cannot use the life line until my coconut ice creme is done
Hi, this is a list of the facilities that use coconuts
donut shop, ice cream factory, musical instrument factory, oil factory, pool bar, soft drink factory, vegetarian restaurant.

If you have one of them , open it and find a product that uses coconut as an ingredient.. Then click on the green + symbol and request the ingredients for that product. The ingredients requests are included in the option for gifts with that lifeline.