Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 27 2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieb View Post
What is this mem thing you all keep talking about?
?
I copied this from Stone Face, some posts earlier:
the memcache is...was... a link. When you finished working a neighbor's facilities , you could click on the link.

A new tab would open and a bunch of information lines would appear. Then you could X out, and be back at that neighbor's farm, and work it all over again.

so, the memcache basically wiped out the information that you had already worked that farm.

Last edited by Tony D; Sep 27 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old Sep 27 2012, 09:50 PM

Not sure if it is allowed with external links, but this is the program I use, it is called Cleanmem. It doesn't work for helping more than one time, but speeds up your PC after going to different screens, closing and opening many tabs, and heavy cpu use because of flash:
I hope a moderator will correct me/this post if he or she doesn't think this is right

Mod Edit.. Hi the link was removed , external links are not allowed sorry

Last edited by Tony D; Sep 27 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Sep 27 2012, 09:53 PM

I Love, Love, Love all the new updates-even though I'm calling my newest farm the "Poor Farm" LOL Love the peeps- keep them coming, love the new farm!--Love turbo boat. Love the Funeral Home--it's part of everyone's life. I have used my hometown one far more than I want to remember and will probably be using it personally soon enough--than it's of to the next "New Farm" LOL Thanks! KATHI
Old Sep 27 2012, 10:00 PM

Re: Funeral Parlor

I am one of those older people and it doesn't bother me, I have always known that death is a part of life. Thanks for the update. Granny

Last edited by Tony D; Sep 27 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old Sep 27 2012, 10:04 PM

Regarding the memcache ... who was really being hurt by people using it over and over again? It fixed the corrupted data problems, which is what I used it for. Now we have no recourse if there is a data/loading problem because the developers won't troubleshoot their programs before they update the game. I've been playing this game since very close to the start and I have been rather upset about the last 3 updates. This game has been in Beta version for longer than any other game I've played as a Beta tester. All the other games I've Beta tested were Beta for 6 months to a year, no new stuff, all the bugs fixed before anything else happened. I'm starting to get the feeling that the 'developers' are most likely Computer Programming students using us all as a school project. I've put enough of my real money into this game that I feel I deserve to be listened to and my objections/issues addressed with a little more information than 'we felt people were abusing it' or 'we're working on it' ... or silence which is what I usually get when I ask a question here, at least till the thread gets hijacked. Zynga, SlashKey, FaceBook, FarmTown, whatever you are named ... it's time to put up or shut up ... fix the problems and quit playing nanny.
Old Sep 27 2012, 10:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragis View Post
Regarding the memcache ... who was really being hurt by people using it over and over again? It fixed the corrupted data problems, which is what I used it for. Now we have no recourse if there is a data/loading problem because the developers won't troubleshoot their programs before they update the game. I've been playing this game since very close to the start and I have been rather upset about the last 3 updates. This game has been in Beta version for longer than any other game I've played as a Beta tester. All the other games I've Beta tested were Beta for 6 months to a year, no new stuff, all the bugs fixed before anything else happened. I'm starting to get the feeling that the 'developers' are most likely Computer Programming students using us all as a school project. I've put enough of my real money into this game that I feel I deserve to be listened to and my objections/issues addressed with a little more information than 'we felt people were abusing it' or 'we're working on it' ... or silence which is what I usually get when I ask a question here, at least till the thread gets hijacked. Zynga, SlashKey, FaceBook, FarmTown, whatever you are named ... it's time to put up or shut up ... fix the problems and quit playing nanny.
I understand that you are upset, however, every game on Facebook is listed as Beta. I have a feeling that is how they can say that all the games are "free" to play. Nothing makes you buy any items in any of the games.
I do agree with you about the memcache. I was doing ok until about an hour ago. Now all my neighbors show as zero level, experience and coins. That means I cannot work anyones facilities or even send any gifts, since I can't clear the memcache. Thanks Slashkey. You fixed a problem with being able to work neighbors multiple times, but didn't fix the original problem of neighbor data not transferring correctly.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 27 2012, 10:31 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I agree with Ragis- If they don't want people to work factories over and over again fix the link so factories do not rest. This link was a great help to me to clear up problems loading and other issues. I work factories for around 25 to 30 fellow farmers each day and have no desire to hit reset and do them over again. Please give us some way to fix these little problems on our own. I also have no desire to send more than one gift a day to people so if you remove that it is also fine with me. I find that internet explorer is worthless since downloading latest version of flash so am now forced to use chrome most of the time. Today I am not into farm town, because with each new update comes new issues we have to work around. Love the game but don't know for how long.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 27 2012, 11:01 PM

Hi Everyone , as mentioned before in this thread , you are more than welcome to provide feedback in this thread on the funeral parlour, however posts that comment on posts about this issue will be removed.

Thanks
Old Sep 27 2012, 11:15 PM

thanks for the new early release..only dissappointed that we don't have a feed mill to feed animals yet..was sure it was in the works..nice to have more production of milk but still would like to feed them for the more production...keeping the reality of the game as real as we can..happy farming..
Old Sep 27 2012, 11:17 PM

Thanks for another great update. Love farm 16 and the new peeps, please keep them coming!

No skin off my nose if the game is in BETA for ANOTHER 4 years. Appreciate the opportunity to participate in its development and the devs have typically been very responsive to problems. I've had only a few issues with FarmTown ... never had a need for this "memcache" program. Hope it all gets worked out soon for those of you who depend on it.

My initial reaction to the funeral home was "Really? That was ballsy." But the old saying, "Nothing is certain but death and taxes", however sad, is very true, so, why not? What's the difference between a make-believe funeral home and the much anticipated ghoulish celebration of Halloween?

Hoping everyone's Farming is Happy ...

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Closed Thread