Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 10:39 AM

Still going to say next week b4 anything......The fathers day items very very disappointing compared to Mothers day....It was like they were just thrown together.....Maybe like "this will keep the farmers at bay for a few more days."........
Old Jun 10 2012, 10:43 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

What's new with the freight train? I've heard ppl mention that it will do something? Will we be able to use it somehow in manufacturing goods or supplies?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 10:47 AM

Level:
XP:

Right now I'd settle for being able to farm at a decent speed without crashes and all. Having issues with crops highlighting correctly thus taking longer to harvest. While I agree that the dev's do a great job and these releases aren't easy I do not like hearing a release will be a certain day only to find out it's really weeks later.

I worked in state government testing computer changes such as the FT releases only it was state related. We had deadlines and we had to keep to them - bugs or no bugs. In testing you find a lot of bugs but never will you find them all. Personally I'd rather have the release with some bugs than play the waiting game for weeks. Maybe they can just combine June and July releases and call it a day

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 10:56 AM

Default Disappointment

I love, love, love my Farm Town! It took me a few years of playing before I would spend 'real' money. I had reached the point where I was going to have quit playing due to the length of time it took to care for my farms or take the plunge and spend a little cash. So I did. It took a long time to get all the tools only to now see the greed. Someone mentioned earlier that we should be able to 'trade' our current tools towards at least a portion of the price of the new, more powerful tools. I agree.

Also, while I know the devs work very hard, what's the point of a new release that truly doesn't have anything new to offer at the moment? We might get the freight train today as well as the trees, but the facilities will be another 3 or 4 days? Really?? Why not just wait another week or two for the new release if it's not ready? Seems more logical to me.

I have to agree also that the Father's Day gifts are a little disappointing. I don't really get into the holiday gifts that much except for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but a few banners and a basket are a disappointment to all the Dads out there I'm sure.

I will continue to enjoy Farm Town and appreciate all the hard work of the devs. I just wanted to express my own opinion on the current release. If they don't know, they can't fix it.
Old Jun 10 2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostkitten View Post
Still going to say next week b4 anything......The fathers day items very very disappointing compared to Mothers day....It was like they were just thrown together.....Maybe like "this will keep the farmers at bay for a few more days."........
Yep... as good as they are with the coding etc, they are poor in some areas of design and item-creativity.

I would have suggested (had I been involved) that father's day items include

A hunting blind to go with the camouflage truck.

A special duck pond for hunting maybe

An dog for dad.... perhaps in the hunting theme also

A speedboat or fishing boat or catamaran

A really neat BBQ... Big... with 80 lbs of ribs

etc
Old Jun 10 2012, 11:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

i think we need a used car lot
Old Jun 10 2012, 11:56 AM

I would settle for everything being designed to one uniform scale in this game. We have oversize sculptures, and we have miniature houses. We have big bulky cars and we have undersized race cars that perhaps best suit a kiddy go-cart track. Trying to tastefully decorate a farm is impossible, when some houses are designed at a larger scale than others, and yet the bird of paradise paradise flowers reach the windows on the second story of many houses!
Old Jun 10 2012, 11:59 AM

the fathers day stuff is better than last year we did not even get anything.
also i like that everything is not the same size in the real world all the houses and building are not always the same size
Old Jun 10 2012, 12:01 PM

Level:
XP:

Have you all noticed that none of the mods are on line at this time, usually there is one or two. Maybe they took the 3 o'clock train to Yuma and awaiting instructions there, lol
Old Jun 10 2012, 12:03 PM

or maybe they are playing with the new stuff who knows maybe they get update before us who know but i wonder it they do
Closed Thread