Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 01 2023, 07:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I don't see a thread for questions about Buddies, so here I am.

I was in one of the markets and got a request from a player to be their Buddy. I okayed it but as I was busy and not really thinking, I didn't add them back. Is there any easy way to find this person? I get their ships occasionally so I know their display name.
Hi Sqrl,
When you gat their ships it should say Manage under their picture/name. If you click on that then you should be able to add them. The instructions for this in the following post in the new Web Guide:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=11
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 01 2023, 07:54 PM

Thanks. I didn't see that but I'll look again next time one shows up.
Old May 02 2023, 12:05 AM

Default visitors

Hi, i was visiting a neighbours farm this morning , there was an avatar there whom we do not know. "Davin" was the name , no reply to my query and disappeared right away. can anybody visit our farms? Did not visit market place. This is worrying me . Joy
Old May 02 2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_of_oz View Post
Hi, i was visiting a neighbours farm this morning , there was an avatar there whom we do not know. "Davin" was the name , no reply to my query and disappeared right away. can anybody visit our farms? Did not visit market place. This is worrying me . Joy
Hi joy_of_oz

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors.

It could be a new buddy your neighbor recently added and was visiting the farm.
Or a one way neighbor who could change their avatar name, or your friend doesnt remember.

Maybe if your friend was at the inn or realtor office, another farmer just clicked in their avatar to visit the farm.

But it is only that, visit. They cant do anything on the farm.
Old May 02 2023, 09:50 AM

Default Manage Sender

Recently this has been appearing when trying to "manage" a farmer to add as a neighbor or buddy:
"This farmer is not your neighbor or buddy. Adding this farmer to your Neighbors or Buddies requires an approval from the farmer. In the coming days or weeks, we will allow you to contact this farmer to request approval." VISIT FARM "Please be aware that this farmer could be your Facebook friend. The Farmtown game running outside Facebook can not determine this information".
I understand the FB friends part, but why am I now having to wait for approval from the farmer on my side to add them? What are we supposed to do with this?
Old May 02 2023, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Girl View Post
Recently this has been appearing when trying to "manage" a farmer to add as a neighbor or buddy:
"This farmer is not your neighbor or buddy. Adding this farmer to your Neighbors or Buddies requires an approval from the farmer. In the coming days or weeks, we will allow you to contact this farmer to request approval." VISIT FARM "Please be aware that this farmer could be your Facebook friend. The Farmtown game running outside Facebook can not determine this information".
I understand the FB friends part, but why am I now having to wait for approval from the farmer on my side to add them? What are we supposed to do with this?
Hi Early Girl,
There is currently nothing you can do with that through the website as that part has not been emplimented yet.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 02 2023, 09:58 AM

So, there is no way of getting around it? My neighbors and buddy's are full, so I can't try it. How is one supposed to add buddy's or neighbors otherwise? Through the FB site - which we are trying to avoid?
Old May 02 2023, 10:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
So, there is no way of getting around it? My neighbors and buddy's are full, so I can't try it. How is one supposed to add buddy's or neighbors otherwise? Through the FB site - which we are trying to avoid?
Hi Early Girl,
Please be patient. They are working on all parts of the game that are not added yet. This is not an easy project as we saw with the change over from Flash that took over a year. The neighbor and buddy limits database has to be extended and that affects other areas in the database, so they have to determine a way to make it bigger. If your neighbor and buddies are full you will have to wait until they can solve how to add more to it.
Old May 02 2023, 10:39 AM

Taz, thanks for your response. And I apologize if I came across as being impatient - I am not. I LOVE the new site, am amazed at the progress the devs have done with it over the last month. But, since I have used it for a month, I have not experienced this problem - so I asked for my friends. It has been very easy for me to add buddy's. I am asking on their behalf - and, what I can assume, will be mine when they are expanded. I think we all just need to kind of know what to do with this now.
Old May 02 2023, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Taz, thanks for your response. And I apologize if I came across as being impatient - I am not. I LOVE the new site, am amazed at the progress the devs have done with it over the last month. But, since I have used it for a month, I have not experienced this problem - so I asked for my friends. It has been very easy for me to add buddy's. I am asking on their behalf - and, what I can assume, will be mine when they are expanded. I think we all just need to kind of know what to do with this now.
Hi Early Girl,
If this is from a train boost or a ship to load you can still do those from the Facebook version, but you can not manage them to add as neighbors or buddies until those are expanded. That is all you can do at this point.

Tags
archived farm, beige dot, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbor requests, neighbors, neighbour, new neighbours, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors