Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 03 2012, 07:23 PM

You've made a good point - I have all the facililties, but for those who don't, the quests could be a real pain. Maybe they will add the "quit quests" option - makes sense. It would also be nice if we could buy $$ with our coins - don't think that will happen as they do have to make some money to keep the game going - I guess!!???
Old Mar 04 2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritChaser09 View Post
I too, would like to see the "quit quest" option as well. I have been getting more quests that require me to produce items (like right now, the soup) and make items in cash facilities. I know that the quests are random, and differ from player to player..I think it would be interesting if they can make these random quests for the facilites that people already have, or offer these cash facilities for coins as well. If a cash facility costs say, $32, offer the same facility, say, for 5, 6 million coins as well. I got so many coins I wouldn't mind dropping that much on a facility
Yep .... and if they did allow a cash facility for a very large amount of coin instead of cash .... EVERYBODY COULD AND WOULD DO IT!! and we could very quickly lose our game because Slashkey would not be getting the payment for their farm cash facilities. Bad idea

Old Mar 04 2012, 11:12 AM

Just got back after a 2 month hiatus (had a cpu melt down) and tried quests. My very first one needed a facility I didn't even own. Not a great intro to this aspect of the game. I did buy it however along with 5 or 6 others for FC but only because I was planning to anyway.

I do think there should be some warning of just what facility is needed at the beginning of the quest and then an accept or decline button.
Old Mar 04 2012, 03:55 PM

I have got four quests going at the moment, and each one of them is asking me to "LOAD" this, and "LOAD" that.... I do not have any of the "LOADING" facilities and I do not have any intention to buy them... is this a ploy??? a ploy to get us to buy them?????

Visit Raven Hall
Visit Witch's Coven

Old Mar 04 2012, 04:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenArt View Post
I have got four quests going at the moment, and each one of them is asking me to "LOAD" this, and "LOAD" that.... I do not have any of the "LOADING" facilities and I do not have any intention to buy them... is this a ploy??? a ploy to get us to buy them?????
The quest are random,they do not care if you have this item or that item.You may have the next 25 quest all non FC related,or you run into 10 more involving facilities you do not own.The quest are also optional,not a part of normal gameplay.They won't come knocking on your door asking for money,telling you to complete your quest.
Old Mar 04 2012, 05:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritChaser09 View Post
I too, would like to see the "quit quest" option as well. I have been getting more quests that require me to produce items (like right now, the soup) and make items in cash facilities. I know that the quests are random, and differ from player to player..I think it would be interesting if they can make these random quests for the facilites that people already have, or offer these cash facilities for coins as well. If a cash facility costs say, $32, offer the same facility, say, for 5, 6 million coins as well. I got so many coins I wouldn't mind dropping that much on a facility
In theory I know people would love to be able to buy FC items and facilities for coins.. but how does that benefit the devs at slashkey, which is a business after all? Buying for coins doesnt help them much
Old Mar 04 2012, 05:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
The quest are random,they do not care if you have this item or that item.You may have the next 25 quest all non FC related,or you run into 10 more involving facilities you do not own.The quest are also optional,not a part of normal gameplay.They won't come knocking on your door asking for money,telling you to complete your quest.
LMAO just imagine the FT debt collectors at your door!!!! gave me a good giggle to start the day with!
Old Mar 04 2012, 07:54 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Hi ya...I love the quests and have completed many of them...I now however have run across my first one that I do not have the facility for....so it is my understanding that I have to wait for the time that is allowed for the quest to finish to wait until I can begin a new quest?...or will it automatically allow me to use the item (pencils) that I have a number of stored from working on others facilities??? Thanks for you help!!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 04 2012, 08:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDaze N Maui View Post
Hi ya...I love the quests and have completed many of them...I now however have run across my first one that I do not have the facility for....so it is my understanding that I have to wait for the time that is allowed for the quest to finish to wait until I can begin a new quest?...or will it automatically allow me to use the item (pencils) that I have a number of stored from working on others facilities??? Thanks for you help!!!
Depending on what your level is, you can open up a new quest 20 hrs after you opened the quest you can't do.

The only way I could see of you doing that quest is if you have the Modern School service facility as your last step in the quest and you have the Modern School service facility, then you get the Employee Lifeline and can work in a neighbors Office-School Supply factory, so you can get the pencils to load into the Modern School service facility. I put it this way, cause I don't know what steps you have in the quest.
Old Mar 04 2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I can't figure out why people don't understand that having 5 quests open at the same time is NOT the successful way to play the quest part of the game. We actually earn more coin for completing a quest in the shortest possible time, so why on earth would anyone want to have 5 all open and therefore uncompleted.

The OPTION the devs gave us that we 'can have' 5 open at a time, is obviously designed to give some leeway to those who can't play in a quick time and have to string the quests out because of real world commitments.

The fact is that they gave this option in order to make it easier for some people, and yet still they complain
Sorry to disagree, but having 5 concurrent quests is a very sucessful way to play. The opening of additional quests doesn't slow down any of the others. I complete each of them quickly, trying to earn the maximum.

BTW - you can't string quests out to accumulate 5 because the average quest expires in less than 5 days. The longest I've had is 4.9 days.

My point is that as a beta tester, I'm pointing out what I consider a problem.
You can't get to 5 concurrent quests UNLESS you have a bunch of long quests that you can't complete because you don't have the facilities.

I have all the facilities and tools and I can't get to 5 concurrent quests. I thought the idea was to reward the higher level players