Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunide View Post
Is that the people who were reporting the were losing XP's were probably wrong...

Before the previous update, (the most recent update prior to today's) when you clicked away on the fields, the XP's and coins were "awarded" as your avatar "worked" the fields. If you left the field before the avatar finished working the fields, the remaining XP's "floated out of your head" on the next screen...

AFTER the previous update, (the most recent update prior to today's), XP's and coins were awarded as the field was clicked, NOT as it was "worked" by the avatar, so, by time the whole farm was done and you left, there WERE NO xp's or coins to be awarded any longer as they were all already received. They were NOT missing...

I hate this new update. I think it is unnecessary and unfortunate.
In response to your very first sentence here,"...the people who were reporting the were losing XP's were probably wrong..." No, we were NOT wrong. I'm not going to go into the details of what was happening, since it's been well documented elsewhere, but XPs and coins WERE, in fact, being lost on a daily basis. I kept a detailed log of additions/losses for at least 3 weeks while the issue was at it's worst and even took some video to back up my claims. While what you've stated here might have been the case for SOME, the vast majority, of those who staked claims in the thousands of pages of posts regarding the issue, WERE losing coins and points.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:40 AM

I really like the change. The big seed bag is a good idea. It helps to remind you of what you are planting and makes sure you have the right bag.
I also like the avatar being right there where I am harvesting. Good change.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:44 AM
Account Not Linked

I don't like it, not one little bit.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:45 AM

I guess you are now going back to the old messy way. At first, I didn't like this change - but as soon as I got used to it, I actually liked it alot! Oh well...thanks for working so hard on this. Really appreciate it!
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavanah View Post
I really like the change. The big seed bag is a good idea. It helps to remind you of what you are planting and makes sure you have the right bag.
I also like the avatar being right there where I am harvesting. Good change.
I agree, but unfortunately we seem to be in the minority and it's going to change back, which is a real pain
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:46 AM

this new way stinks. I cannot tell where someone has plowed or harvested. The money & xp points do not show up. When I get through plowing or haresting what I thnk was my work, this message comes up: "already done". Does this mean I did the work & someone else is getting paid xp for it. Then when I click on my avatar is says "saving" or "Wait i'm busy".
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:52 AM

Default Suggestion for harvesting/plowing

It would be great if farmers could harvest/plow maybe 2 squares instead of one, which would speed up the process and maybe eliminate the need to hire more than 1 or 2 farmers to do the job. I, personally would like to see a limit set on the number of farmers which can be hired at the same time. If I go to the marketplace and stand there and wait, it's frustrating to be hired on a farm with 15 other farmers, it takes only 2 minutes to finish, and then I have to go back to the marketplace and start all over again to try and get a "good" job. The size of the farm, the number of neighbors, the level, etc. could regulate the number of farmers who can be hired.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:53 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley1607 View Post
I like the new method, if you harvest or plow in an organised way - which I always have - it's just as quick as it was before, if not quicker, and all the people who just click all over the place can't do it anymore. I p[ersonally hope it doesn't get changed back as it's far better. The one thing I do hate though it the new big cursor icons, they're horrid.
Then you must not be very quick to begin with because it is MUCH SLOWER especially when plowing. I am organized AND quick. This method punishes fast, experienced players.
Go back to the way it was and JUST LIMIT THE NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES THAT CAN BE HIRED PER JOB!
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:53 AM

what I did like about the new change was the fact that the greedy people couldnt just click all over the screen anymore. for those of us who like to work(harvest) in rows the new change is nice. But its the people who just randomly click all over as fast as they can to be greedy and mess it up for the rest of us, they are the people who dont like it. And as far as speed, your avater can move as fast as you can click, as long as you are moveing in rows or close proximity of your avatar.
Old Dec 23 2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER22 View Post
Then you must not be very quick to begin with because it is MUCH SLOWER especially when plowing. I am organized AND quick. This method punishes fast, experienced players.
Go back to the way it was and JUST LIMIT THE NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES THAT CAN BE HIRED PER JOB!
Actualy you are wrong, I have always been a VERY QUICK harvester and plower, I usually do about the same amount myself as 3 others together when I'm hired so NO I don't agreed with you - I've just done the whole of my friends farm in about the same time it took me before and really don't see what people are complaining about.

I do agree about setting a limit on the number of hires though, there is nothing more annoying that being one of about 10 people on a small field
Closed Thread