Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 13 2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patios View Post
I am really disappointed in the red sprinkler. I do not get to play FT like I used to so when I saw this tool I thought it was something that would come in handy and allow me to make the most out of my game time. Boy was I wrong. I figured that it would work like the manure spreader by the description but it definitely does not and I feel that the description is rather deceptive. If it only works one time a day on fields and will not allow you to use it on multiple crops in one day then it should have said so. I would not have purchased it because it is those quick growing crops that I have the hardest time with because of timing issues and when I can play.

I am guessing that item will be my last farm cash purchase. It cost me $10 real dollars and I would have rather have spent that money elsewhere if I knew that it wasn't going to do what I thought it was. (based on past tools and purchases made)
DITTO! This red sprinkler is a huge disaster. I wish I'd never SEEN the thing, much less purchased it. It has completely ruined my game, and I'm NOT having fun anymore. It took me months to get all the flowers on ten farms in sync, ready to harvest at the same time. The red sprinkler has taken away any practical hope of keeping all the flowers in sync.. ever again. Even when I struggle to water ten farms at the same time, I can't stop a neighbor from coming by and watering ONE farm earlier. As for crops... I have a wasted crop disaster tonight on two farms. Why? Because the lousy red sprinkler sped up BOTH the time until harvest AND the time until crop wasting. While staring at obviously wasted crops, the label above those crops says "Ready to Harvest (F) -- Wasted in 8 Hours."

I feel trapped by the red sprinkler. I'm furious that Slashkey has NOT given us back the original sprinkler in our toolbox WITH the original use only.. to water flowers, with no speeding up of crops. I want a CHOICE again! I want to feel in control of my own farms again! Speeding up anything is not worth the awful consequences; and I see nothing whatsoever from Slashkey or moderators about fixing the problems... or even admitting there ARE problems.

I've written to Support to request that they TAKE AWAY this horrible red sprinkler, and refund my 50 Farm Cash. I encourage everyone else who feels the way Patios and I feel, to also request a refund.
Old Sep 13 2011, 08:57 PM

Caren - you don't need to keep the tools physically on your farm. If you place them in your storage they will work on all farms from the tool box.
Old Sep 13 2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
DITTO! This red sprinkler is a huge disaster. I wish I'd never SEEN the thing, much less purchased it. It has completely ruined my game, and I'm NOT having fun anymore. It took me months to get all the flowers on ten farms in sync, ready to harvest at the same time. The red sprinkler has taken away any practical hope of keeping all the flowers in sync.. ever again. Even when I struggle to water ten farms at the same time, I can't stop a neighbor from coming by and watering ONE farm earlier. As for crops... I have a wasted crop disaster tonight on two farms. Why? Because the lousy red sprinkler sped up BOTH the time until harvest AND the time until crop wasting. While staring at obviously wasted crops, the label above those crops says "Ready to Harvest (F) -- Wasted in 8 Hours."

I feel trapped by the red sprinkler. I'm furious that Slashkey has NOT given us back the original sprinkler in our toolbox WITH the original use only.. to water flowers, with no speeding up of crops. I want a CHOICE again! I want to feel in control of my own farms again! Speeding up anything is not worth the awful consequences; and I see nothing whatsoever from Slashkey or moderators about fixing the problems... or even admitting there ARE problems.

I've written to Support to request that they TAKE AWAY this horrible red sprinkler, and refund my 50 Farm Cash. I encourage everyone else who feels the way Patios and I feel, to also request a refund.
umm then why is it that i had 6 days to harvest an irrigated 4 day crop if it supposedly speeds up the wasting time .......

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009

Last edited by driverdave; Sep 13 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old Sep 13 2011, 10:35 PM

In the light of all the negative comments regarding the red sprinkler i feel that someone should put the case for it
i have the red sprinkler it works well instead of waiting 4 days for crops i can harvest them in 2 ......i can harvest flowers after half of the previous growing time i never have a problem with ppls watering the flowers as i placed a single plot of acorn squash on my flower farm (can be any crop) this allows the red sprinkler to work to speed up flowers that have been watered and avoids the 20 hr wait to irrigate the flowers.....as to speeding up the crop ripening rate you still have the original time to harvest and the normal time to waste (i.e a 4 day irrigated crop is ready for harvest in 2 days BUT will NOT go to waste until 8 days after it was originally planted) i have experimented with all crop timeframes and have never had a problem.... if you need to grow short time crops then its just a matter of planning ahead to achieve the result you need

Old Sep 13 2011, 10:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
In the light of all the negative comments regarding the red sprinkler i feel that someone should put the case for it
i have the red sprinkler it works well instead of waiting 4 days for crops i can harvest them in 2 ......i can harvest flowers after half of the previous growing time i never have a problem with ppls watering the flowers as i placed a single plot of acorn squash on my flower farm (can be any crop) this allows the red sprinkler to work to speed up flowers that have been watered and avoids the 20 hr wait to irrigate the flowers.....as to speeding up the crop ripening rate you still have the original time to harvest and the normal time to waste (i.e a 4 day irrigated crop is ready for harvest in 2 days BUT will NOT go to waste until 8 days after it was originally planted) i have experimented with all crop timeframes and have never had a problem.... if you need to grow short time crops then its just a matter of planning ahead to achieve the result you need
I don't have either sprinkler as I don't do flowers. But one side effect I see of the red sprinkler that is effecting all crops, is that the wasted time is showing incorrectly for crops that have not had the time shortened by irrigation. I have a sugarcane crop that just became read to harvest. This is a 12 hour crop. Now it says wasted in 16.6 hours when it should say wasted in 12 hours. There are definately still some problems between the red sprinkler and the time changes they made in this release. The biggest problem is not knowing whether the time listed is correct or if the crop will be wasted when it should be.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 13 2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I don't have either sprinkler as I don't do flowers. But one side effect I see of the red sprinkler that is effecting all crops, is that the wasted time is showing incorrectly for crops that have not had the time shortened by irrigation. I have a sugarcane crop that just became read to harvest. This is a 12 hour crop. Now it says wasted in 16.6 hours when it should say wasted in 12 hours. There are definately still some problems between the red sprinkler and the time changes they made in this release. The biggest problem is not knowing whether the time listed is correct or if the crop will be wasted when it should be.
i wonder if that 16.6 hrs is realtime of farmtown time or did the devs add a percentage to all crops waste times ????? .........i do agree that the time situation needs to be rectified and i can see how for some people it would be a problem

i have just planted a single field of raspberry and it should be ready in 2 hrs i will report back on the waste time when it is ready to harvest

Last edited by driverdave; Sep 13 2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old Sep 13 2011, 11:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
i wonder if that 16.6 hrs is realtime of farmtown time or did the devs add a percentage to all crops waste times ????? .........i do agree that the time situation needs to be rectified and i can see how for some people it would be a problem
16 hours is 16 hours regardless how you look at it. The times are all more or less based on 24 hour clock. Thus a 2 day (FT clock) crop shows as ready in 1.6 days.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 13 2011, 11:40 PM

I've been noticing that a lot of my crops seem to have had a "grace period" added to the waste times. It seems to be fairly consistent throughout the crop selection, so I'm assuming the devs have added a little more time to help those of us who "just missed" the waste time due to whatever little crisis we're dealing with in real life that day. If it ain't broke, don't fix it; I like having a little more time to get to them.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Sep 13 2011, 11:56 PM

I can tell you absolutely that the Time to Waste clocks are completely wrong on crops that were irrigated with the infamous red sprinkler. I know this, because I just finished cleaning up a big mess of one day crops (layered) that went to waste while I was at work today.. and look wasted... but insisted (in the information bubble) that I still had 8 hours before they would go to waste.

If that's not enough of a problem... I also discovered that the apparently-wasted crops that look wasted.. but wasted too early, and the text bubble confirmed that fact... were in fact, NOT wasted! Well, at least they were not wasted when I used the 5 x 5 Combine on them. I got credit for all the crops I harvested in my storage, even though they were (supposedly) wasted. No other tool would work. The 5 x5 harvester and 1x harvester resulted in the (also) erroneous message "This (whatever crop) is not ready to harvest yet."

I have refreshed, reloaded, etc. and the harvested, apparently-wasted-too-early crops are indeed still credited in my storage.

We no longer have any idea when any crop will, in reality, go to waste. But if you own the 5 x 5 Combine.. well.. they won't be really wasted until (I assume) the time given in the messed-up Time to Waste clock is reached.

I used to think that only Zynga could create a mess like this.
Old Sep 14 2011, 12:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I think the 16 hours is right. We have always been told that crops go to waste in the same amount of time they take to grow but without a way to tell how long they have till they go to waste it is hard to say if that was really the case. We know more or less that was the case but how many people planted potatoes and waited 40 hours exactly to make sure that was the exact time they went to waste. While I am sure that someone somewhere probably did just that most of us didn't we just assumed that the potatoes would go to waste in 40 hours not 48 hours or what every it is for one day crops. I have planted raspberries before and thought **** it has been more than 4 hours since I planted them and expected to find wasted raspberries, but they where not wasted. I never really thought about it before except that maybe I was wrong about the time I planted them and was happy to find non wasted raspberries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy pants View Post
I've been noticing that a lot of my crops seem to have had a "grace period" added to the waste times. It seems to be fairly consistent throughout the crop selection, so I'm assuming the devs have added a little more time to help those of us who "just missed" the waste time due to whatever little crisis we're dealing with in real life that day. If it ain't broke, don't fix it; I like having a little more time to get to them.
I think you have hit the nail on the head here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
I can tell you absolutely that the Time to Waste clocks are completely wrong on crops that were irrigated with the infamous red sprinkler. I know this, because I just finished cleaning up a big mess of one day crops (layered) that went to waste while I was at work today.. and look wasted... but insisted (in the information bubble) that I still had 8 hours before they would go to waste.

If that's not enough of a problem... I also discovered that the apparently-wasted crops that look wasted.. but wasted too early, and the text bubble confirmed that fact... were in fact, NOT wasted! Well, at least they were not wasted when I used the 5 x 5 Combine on them. I got credit for all the crops I harvested in my storage, even though they were (supposedly) wasted. No other tool would work. The 5 x5 harvester and 1x harvester resulted in the (also) erroneous message "This (whatever crop) is not ready to harvest yet."

I have refreshed, reloaded, etc. and the harvested, apparently-wasted-too-early crops are indeed still credited in my storage.

We no longer have any idea when any crop will, in reality, go to waste. But if you own the 5 x 5 Combine.. well.. they won't be really wasted until (I assume) the time given in the messed-up Time to Waste clock is reached.

I used to think that only Zynga could create a mess like this.

This is what I think is happening here. When the red sprinkler was released the extended waste time was not part of the plan. If you planted a one day crop and speed up the growth it would be ready in 10 hours and go to waste 20 hours + the extra hours they seem to have built in for one day crops. Then people complained about speeding up crops without wanting to because they can't use the brown sprinkler to water flowers, so the devs went in and lengthened the waste time to match the time it would be if you didn't water you flowers. I think either something went wrong here or they didn't change all the code when they did this change. While you still have the full time to harvest the crop the picture of a watered crop shows wasted when the time should be up without being extended. There seems to be some bugs in the red sprinkler and I am sure the developers are working to get them fixed asap.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread