Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 11 2011, 07:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Lightbulb

Deanna, while I agree with your posting, I would like to point out that one thing im NOT happy about is this..... FARMTOWN is A BUSINESS and as such is in it for the $$$$$$. they dont do the upgrades and expansions out of the kindness of thier hearts. Its to keep the money coming in. While its estimated that only 10% of the people who play online games such as these actually pay out real money for the premium items. They keep expanding to keep you buying.

I have no problems with this because I realize they are a business and without revinue they would not have the money to pay the employees and developers, or to pay for the office spavce and computers and servers to put out thier games.

HOWEVER!!!! i have spent over $300 on this game (not all at once but maybe $15 a month) and do so gladly, i spend alot of time on my farms and its cheap entertainment. BUT haveI ever gotten a "Thanks for your business" from slashkey? NOPE.

It would be nice to hear from them that they appreciate my money that keeps them in business and keeps the upgrades coming.

I also think they are getting a bit greedy with the 45 fc items and facilities when you figure that 45 fc is like 7 bucks, for a virtiual game tool. I think a lot more would pay to play of they made it more affordable for all.
Old Mar 11 2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
g

There are many people who started playing FT before I did, but even so, when I started playing, there was ONE FARM! And the ultimate was reaching Level 44, when you could buy The Big Red Mansion!!! It was a cool game then -- great graphics and great opportunities to interact with others.

Then, on November 28, 2009, the developers released Farm #2 -- and the fans went wild!!! Then there were the barns and more crops and more levels and more decorations and just plain more of everything.

So - - - cool your jets, dudes and dudettes!!! Here's my prediction based on the release of Farms 4 through 8: Farm 9 will be released sometime around the last weekend in March -- as early as Friday, the 25th to as late as Monday, the 28th. That is consistent with the release schedules of all the farms since 4 onward. And I predict the 12x12 will cost you 9 million coins, with the first three upgrades costing 6, 7, and 8 million coins. After that, I would bet on 400, 500, and 600 million to get the full 24 x24 farm for a total cost of 1,530,000 coins!

I'll happily stick with FT for as long as it's around -- and I hope that's a long, long time.

This dude has predicted on or about the 25th (simply based on the average of past releases) numerous times..... and I tend to get the "look", or the "type" from other farmers who think guessing causes anxiety in others....hahahahahaha. So be prepared my FT friend.

I agree... it is coming, and each day is one day closer. The 25th sounds right.

As for the amount of work involved in some of the big additions, I tend to disagree a bit. Last year I had a game developer living with us as he worked on the animation, the voice overs, the graphics, and the other facets of a game. Granted, it was far less involved (servers etc) than FT.

But the point is that as he created the "grid" of instructions for each segment of the game, it would prompt new ideas, new suggestions, etc to enhance his project even more. Once the basic concept and foundation of instructions was in place, it was relatively simple to "add" something.

With FT, I tend to think that a #9farm is a relatively simple thing to add - much easier than the #2farm . In fact I think they could easily add 3 farms at a time if they felt that is what the game needed.

The same goes for decorations, and even facilities. More time was needed for the facility manager than for adding levels or farms.

Regardless.... it is a fun game (can you tell by my 16 farms?)

Why the delay in decorations? I can't think of a good answer. They must me working on other things, perhaps in conjunction with FaceBook or Flash or whatever.

In the meantime, I redecorate, dump stuff I don't use or need, stock up on things I want etc. If you are bored..... fill your sheds, your coops, your barns, and save a few bucks to buy FarmCash so you can buy facilities and tools and more.

I have spent a great deal on maintaining all the farms.... but over two years it averages about $10/month. Small price to pay to keep this old guy happy.

Old Mar 11 2011, 08:26 AM

I think the point is people are not so much asking for Farm 9 but simple decorations that we had last year...For St Paddys day and while there at it may as well do easter as well...-))
Old Mar 11 2011, 09:20 AM

Deanna I agree with you! I remember what it was like at the beginning doing one plot at a time etc. The devs do a great job! I just wish they would release some St Pat's decs even if just the ones from last year!!!
Old Mar 11 2011, 09:43 AM

You are making me feel like the new kid.
Was level 60 and 2 farms when I started, and the levels went up before I got to 60.
Still not got the max sixe on farm 8 yet, so not in a hurry for 9.
And have to admit to having spare cheese now that the facility manager bug has been fixed, so can use the Pizza hut again.
Old Mar 11 2011, 10:02 AM
Account Not Linked

it sure would be nice to be able to buy fuel most all my nieghbord have gone to other games i run out of fuel every day maybe i need to go to farmville where i can buy it there ... why dont u guys get with it like farmville
Old Mar 11 2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotroot42 View Post
it sure would be nice to be able to buy fuel most all my nieghbord have gone to other games i run out of fuel every day maybe i need to go to farmville where i can buy it there ... why dont u guys get with it like farmville

Having played and compared the two games..... well, there is no comparison.

Granted FV has some nice things, and if you give me time I will think of one...

oh yeah, the little (expensive) animated dog that follows you around.

and the constant pop ups to complete projects that are mostly silly.

and the flyover plane to harvest... oh wait, if I remember that was very expensive.

nope...... FV will never be anything but a distant 2nd.... although they are better than the FrontierVille "game".

Old Mar 11 2011, 03:29 PM

Smile

Quote:
Reason Slashkey doesn't get with it and be like FarmVille, is because this is NOT FarmVille. I could tell you right now if they were like FV, I would have quit months ago like I did FV.

Farm Town to me is unique. You set it up the way you wish to play it. If you want ALL the facilities you have that option. If you want to harvest, plow and plant again you have that option. If you wish to work for someone again you have that option.

But I must confess, I have brought out the cheese and crackers to go with my whine ... please can we have Farm 9 and some new facilities?
Old Mar 11 2011, 03:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Be prepared to whip out the credit card then because while you can buy fuel over there you can only buy it with farm cash it is not available for coins. You will not get that much fuel and will have to keep buying it over and over so you will be shelling out real money for fuel all the time. Now in ft all you need to do is buy an oil refinery that will cost you 32 fc and put an oil pump on every farm you will have more fuel then you can use very soon. You can buy 55fc for $10 real money that is a one time expense, if you choose to use real money instead of doing offers for the fc, and then you will be set on fuel for as long as you play the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 11 2011, 03:31 PM

im ready im ready im ready for some UPDATES !!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread