Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 05 2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalade View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, could a checkbox be added to this dialog, or another box to the "Wrench" menu, to HIDE this "warning"? Could it be removed automatically after players have reached a certain level?
I can see how someone below level 10 would need this reminder, but NO ONE above this level should really need it, and it's already become a major headache.
This would have been much better implemented had it been a warning to those below level 20 that they can/SHOULD hide trees, decorations, etc., to decrease load times, especially when working at someone else's farm(s).
However, at least the current warning is useful for a scant few players; the addition to the Daily Lottery dialog of the prompt reminding players to take screenshots of their farms DOES NOT. This is one of those annoying things "the other games" do which drive people up the wall, and eventually makes players leave. Can this, too, PLEASE, be fixed?
In other sections of this message board you will see many players who come here because they purchased a building and it is no longer there. Most of the time they had their buildings turned off and forgot about it. These are not level 20 and below players.
Old Sep 05 2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InePine View Post
After the crapcrops got introduced i have a huge storage problem. We need more room to store our double crops or i will run into some serious problems soon. Yesterday i had to sell all my peanut butter, strawberry jam, hot dog bread and olive oil (i soooo wish i could sell parts of my inventory and not all or nothing) to be able to harvest my crops and get the stuff i produced out of my factories to take to the market to sell.

Also, after the big bulldozer fix my seeder and harvester jumps across fields and starts planting/harvesting on the neighbor field, specially annoying with the seeder when i have plans to plant something else on that field, i have to delete and plow over again because of the seeder. Big time annoying! Cant believe noone else wrote anything about this, but it would be great if we could get the old behaviour back on the seeder/harvester
Crapcrops????? Doublecrops?????

It sounds like you need to clean out your productions more often. I start production and empty stored items, especially those needed in other facilities, 3-4 times a day. I have never HAD to sell anything I needed.

For the seeder, check if your "leave space between fields" has turned back on; that is what happened to me.

Last edited by Sallah; Sep 05 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old Sep 05 2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalade View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, could a checkbox be added to this dialog, or another box to the "Wrench" menu, to HIDE this "warning"? Could it be removed automatically after players have reached a certain level?
I can see how someone below level 10 would need this reminder, but NO ONE above this level should really need it, and it's already become a major headache.
This would have been much better implemented had it been a warning to those below level 20 that they can/SHOULD hide trees, decorations, etc., to decrease load times, especially when working at someone else's farm(s).
However, at least the current warning is useful for a scant few players; the addition to the Daily Lottery dialog of the prompt reminding players to take screenshots of their farms DOES NOT. This is one of those annoying things "the other games" do which drive people up the wall, and eventually makes players leave. Can this, too, PLEASE, be fixed?
If you look back at the first ten pages of this thread, you will see that MANY people freaked out that their items were gone, when in reality they were hidden. The devs put this warning in as a response to our comments. We shouldn't complain about a couple of messages each day...Zynga games have 8-10 per day, plus more popping up ALL the time.
Old Sep 05 2010, 10:54 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
Crapcrops????? Doublecrops?????

It sounds like you need to clean out your productions more often. I start production and empty stored items, especially those needed in other facilities, 3-4 times a day. I have never HAD to sell anything I needed.

For the seeder, check if your "leave space between fields" has turned back on; that is what happened to me.
I empty my facilities once or twice a day. Shouldnt really be needed to go through all your facilities and hurry to go sell whatever you produced 3-4 times a day to avoid your storage getting filled up, thats my point.
I had to sell my peanut butter etc because i had 50k peanut butter, 20k olive oil etc, i didnt have room to keep that amount of stuff so i had to sell ALL of it and start producing new materials for my sandwich restaurant etc, so i wish for either bigger storage or the option to sell parts of my products.

And my space between fields option is fine, its just that the seeder jumps to a different field and starts planting there if i am trying to plant on 2 squares on the edge of a field.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 05 2010, 11:27 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpbopeep View Post
Remind me....would 2 wool sheds spead my shearing?
It won't speed it up but it will give you a larger amount of wool each time you collect. You have to put them on different farms though.

Will harvest any crops, any trees and flowers!

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Last Chance Logging Co.
* Lost Oasis

So many farms...so little time!

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 05 2010, 11:37 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InePine View Post
I empty my facilities once or twice a day. Shouldnt really be needed to go through all your facilities and hurry to go sell whatever you produced 3-4 times a day to avoid your storage getting filled up, thats my point.
I had to sell my peanut butter etc because i had 50k peanut butter, 20k olive oil etc, i didnt have room to keep that amount of stuff so i had to sell ALL of it and start producing new materials for my sandwich restaurant etc, so i wish for either bigger storage or the option to sell parts of my products.

And my space between fields option is fine, its just that the seeder jumps to a different field and starts planting there if i am trying to plant on 2 squares on the edge of a field.
The storage limit is not so much the amount of stuff you have in storage but the number of windows you have in storage. You can have 3 windows for the same type of item in storage. Pineapple is an example of this. You can have gift pineapple, pineapple (this is self harvested pineapple), and large pineapple (this is hired harvested pineapple). Now each of those windows takes up memory space in the storage area. So when you get the message that your storage is getting full if you go and load up the facilities and sell all non ingredients you should be fine on room even if one item has 130,000 units of one thing in storage. When you fill up your facilities it will use ingredients in this order gift, self harvested or what you made (ie chocolate liquor), then large. Because of this if you load up a facility chances are you will at least empty the gift window and probably the self harvested window, leaving only the large window. Also selling all non ingredients frees up tons of room in your storage even if you only had 600 units of that item in storage the window is gone so that gives you more room. One more option for you to do is with your ingredients like olive oil when you make some do not store it you can leave it in the facility forever if you like, this way you can build up lets say 6 or 7 thousand units then go to the mp and sell the 40,000 you have in storage that is going to take you ages to use. Now go back to your farm and store what is in the facility that way you have some olive oil to do stuff with and not have to wait for more to make.

Visit 's Farm

Last edited by AustinN; Sep 05 2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old Sep 05 2010, 11:52 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdslafayette View Post
These tools are wonderful, HOWEVER -- how is one to buy them if they are only available with Farm Cash? The new levels (already at 115) are not coming fast enough to accumulate sufficient Farm Cash to buy them . . .

The coin purchase ought to be an option for anything!!!!!

No they should not, FC items are no different than the stuff in any of the other games that you can play on Facebook. Go play any other game and you will find that there is very little you can do if you don't go buy their stupid special money either. Just about every thing that they offer you has to be purchased that way and then they are only have as functional or fun. You choose to play the game, if you don't want to do the free offers, wait and earn the FC by leveling up, or spend the money to get it, the choice is yours. It is not up to the game developers to give you all the stuff you want just because you want it. Amazingly, they like to get paid for what they do and they already offer so much to you for free that it is not at all unfair, inappropriate or any other version of wrong for them to expect people to put a little effort or money into EARNING the stuff you want.

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Lost Oasis

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 05 2010, 11:59 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Jennifer Dawn View Post
ok....think i got my name for farm 6....bring it on now....
b4 i forget!
Make a note, send yourself a text message, an email, or hire a sky writer so that you don't forget! I am still trying to come up with suitable names for the first five!

* Wirtzburg
* SpeedMonkey Orchards
* Monkey City
* Lost Oasis

Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 06 2010, 12:37 AM
Account Not Linked

I agree with what others have said about the modest number of pop-ups on FarmTown. I find compared to other games (yes especially of the Zynga variety) that they are few and far between. Once again an example of the game developers listening to what players in general would prefer. One (of several) reasons I stopped playing 'that other farm game' was the ridiculous number of pop-ups for completely useless reasons that would interfere with general game play.
Old Sep 06 2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdslafayette View Post
These tools are wonderful, HOWEVER -- how is one to buy them if they are only available with Farm Cash? The new levels (already at 115) are not coming fast enough to accumulate sufficient Farm Cash to buy them . . .

The coin purchase ought to be an option for anything!!!!!
There have actually been many posts in here relating to this subject. I really don't totally myself understand how people don't "get it". The game itself is offered for free play, but as any business common sense tells us it certainly is not free to run it etc... SO one way to help with the costs is to offer special things that you CAN"T get other than by using FC and FC that is actually purchased. FC when given to you by the game is a very nice added bonus the game offers yet it does not pay the people who put their time in and provide us with the game!! It is not expected that everyone will be able to purchase and have these items, much like I don't expect to live in a Beverly Hills Mansion.

Hope this helps~ Debbie Sue
Closed Thread