Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 20 2010, 03:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
It already is fair! We worked for the FC and bought the tools. If you choose not to do this then it's your fault so stop with the whining about there not being enough work. I advertise "super tools" if I go to the market place and I stay very busy as long as I choose to work for others. If the devs make any changes to how or when these tools work because of people like you whining about how it's not fair there will be some serious repercussions. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
I agree with you - it already is fair. But, I would like to add one thing...I think standing in the marketplace and shouting, I have the tools! in order to get hired is really tacky. It's just an unfriendly way to play and I hope that no one hires the folks that do that. In any game there is an element of chance, sometimes you get a fast plower with tools and sometimes you don't. That's how it should be and I think etiquette should reflect all of us giving newer players, or players without cash to spend on toys, the same chance to get work that everyone else has.
Old Nov 20 2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
It already is fair! We worked for the FC and bought the tools. If you choose not to do this then it's your fault so stop with the whining about there not being enough work. I advertise "super tools" if I go to the market place and I stay very busy as long as I choose to work for others. If the devs make any changes to how or when these tools work because of people like you whining about how it's not fair there will be some serious repercussions. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Fair or not, is it in the best interest of the game and, therefore the developers, to disenfranchise the newbies or those that cannot afford them?

If players feel they can't get their share of work because they don't have the tools, will they buy them or quit?

This is a business for them and they make money based on the number of people that play. They need a constant stream of new players to replace those that drift away and grow the game. If this, or any, policy affects their ability to get and retain new players then ultimately they lose.

This came about because when they introduced the new tools many of us thought they were overpriced. I'm guessing that their sales figures reflected that as well and they came up with this as a way to add value to the tools and increase sales. I can't imagine that they envisioned this kind of backlash. Surely, they would have done things differently if they had, but the developers say very little so we'll probably never know for sure.

Regardless, I doubt that the developers want any of us going out that door you mentioned.
Old Nov 20 2010, 05:26 PM

they have made it so simple for people to get the fc:

a) they give 1 fc per level increase
b) they start you with 4 or 5
c) the recently offered a challenge to satiate the people who said it was to much money
d) They have the offers, while I know some of you think they are a scam, and I'm sure some are, but most are not.

I paid for my tools and if I cam use them on other farms as well as my own, they serve a better purpose. Fc is not equal to real money, its actually quite cheap to purchase. Also with using tools, I have seen and i know that I am fair when it comes to using them. Most players do NOT have any tools, which means that a very low precentage have them. Work doesn't seem to be any harder or easier to get for me anyway, and I don't advertise my tools, so if you think getting work is to hard than I suggest you keep trying. Different times of day are easier to get work. I find that between 7-10am the best time for me (I am in in the eastern tz)....afternoons are slow as well are early evenings. It mnay be better for you are different times. I know that as a person who hires people, I still have a heck of a time finding people to work, tools or not. people are very picky about what they will and will not do.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Nov 20 2010, 06:42 PM

I have the 4x4 plow and 4x4 harvest. I bought and paid for them because I wanted to. With nearly 4 Million Exp points, and $1.6+ Billion, I pretty much have all I need to just keep the farms going (and building coin).

I will probably automatically level up for the next few releases even if I do nothing more.

I had harvested and plowed my own farms for the last few months because it was easier than waiting to hire and then waiting for the job to be done. I did enjoy it when I hired someone to do 4, 5, or 6 farms because they usually were so happy to get the points and to work solo.

Now, with the new 4x4s, I again enjoy going to the market, and hiring myself out for the sheer fun of the game, and the change of pace. If I wind up on a farm with another worker I either share or leave them to the work. Today for the first time I "shared" a farm with another 4x4. Once in awhile someone in the market is looking for work and "advertises" their 4x4.

Bottom line.... so what.

There are enough courteous farmers here to make the greedy ones stand out.

There are enough who earned their tools to make the whiners stand out.

IMHO, they can be left standing out in the field, or come in and figure a way to get the same tools and enjoy the game more.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città

Old Nov 20 2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanieNGMsfarm View Post
i read somewhere a mod said these items were put on hold to work on bugs/glitches
Ok, thanks for the update.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.

Farmer Squeak didn't really get started until the web game was ready. Her Facebook Account didn't work. She's been going great guns since then, though!
Old Nov 20 2010, 07:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to Animedevildog Send a message via Yahoo to Animedevildog Send a message via Skype™ to Animedevildog

I myself choose to use the 4x4 tools only on my farms, or those of a few select persons, the chief one being my girlfriend. if I am in the market place, and I do decide to work for someone, if i am working solo, then I will use them. Thats it though. Otherwise, I feel it gives me an unfair advantage.
Old Nov 20 2010, 09:08 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I love the tools and that we can use them when we are hired! But, tonight people were talking that these were going to be pulled, because you have had too many complaints that they are not fair with workers that do not have them. I want to buy the boat, but if I'm not going to be able to use it when I am hired, I dont want it.

When I am hired, I always try to leave 1/2 of the field for the other workers .. I have always done this with or without the new 4 x 4's.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 20 2010, 09:09 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Someone was advertising that they use the autoclicker. I had not heard of this before. Is this allowed?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 20 2010, 09:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by masfuego777 View Post
Someone was advertising that they use the autoclicker. I had not heard of this before. Is this allowed?
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370722
Old Nov 20 2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masfuego777 View Post
I love the tools and that we can use them when we are hired! But, tonight people were talking that these were going to be pulled, because you have had too many complaints that they are not fair with workers that do not have them. I want to buy the boat, but if I'm not going to be able to use it when I am hired, I dont want it.

When I am hired, I always try to leave 1/2 of the field for the other workers .. I have always done this with or without the new 4 x 4's.
If it hasn't been said officially on the forum, then it's not true. No such thing has been said here.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Closed Thread