Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 30 2012, 08:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledford1987@yahoo.com View Post
Unfortuantly the clear mem~cached tab helped me tremendously because my working of facilities doesn't let me do it in a 24 hr period,,it makes me wait 48 hrs.....very frustrating...sad to see this go...
It has not gone. It has been modified though to prevent working facilities more than once in a 12 hour period. Not sure why you are not able to work them about every 12 hours, but the mem-cached link is back in the post here:
http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489918
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 30 2012, 09:05 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
yay clear_memcached link is back... i was able to use it to stop that dang error x025.. so far it has helped who knows i knocked on wood and am keeping my fingers crossed too.. who knows. i am soo hoping it did help i was about to scream...
Where do I find this link please and pretty please my farm has been soo slow loading and my mom is having the same problem when she changes farms mine or hers .... for me on my farm or her farm harvesting and plowing goes ok .. but when changing farms it just loads and sits ,, taking forever to load ..... and I clean cookies every day on Chrome and I have Norton run every night at 1 am and it cleans too ...

Maybe if I do this type of clean at least once it might help // ... Ok I found the post where it says to clear memecache click here .. and it just went to a page with a list running down ?? did this somehow clear my game ?? what did I miss doing ?? Yes I know nothing almost about computers lol ..

Last edited by Tuckertbnc; Sep 30 2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Adding additional question
Old Sep 30 2012, 09:24 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANHCTFL View Post
I am pulling a real DUH with the Farm Selector Manager. I am not new to the game & have never had a problem understanding the purpose or advantage of one of the new "tools" provided by the developers..until now. I have facilities & services spread over my first 11 farms. I post my facilities & services work to my neighbors through the facilities manager. I do all of my own harvesting/plowing & planting...my neighbors are not interested in this work as they have enough of their own, and I don't go to the marketplace to hire for various bad experiences in the past. Basically, I do everything myself on my farms. So, is there any advantage for me to use the farm selector manager? I see farmers who post about how excited they are about this...& I'm puzzled about the whiole thing....Any words of advice?? It stinks to get old!
You are not alone, I have not even tried to understand it, I have been with the farms since 2009 and have not needed any of that so why fix it if it ain't broken. Will have to study it real good before I start messing with the Farm Selector... just another little icon on the tools department.. its like everybody is talking about the memcache... don't know what that is and would not even try to mess with it, when I went to look at it, it was all like made by the developers or somebody that programs the programs, so would not touch it with a 10 foot pole... I have a MAC and I don't have all those dodads that Microsoft has... I like my life simple and Mac does it for me. lol
Old Sep 30 2012, 09:32 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet01 View Post
I am normally super excited with any new items that you provide us with! This time tho you really missed the mark :{.. I find the funeral home things very distasteful; we want to escape sadness on here not be reminded of it. Isnt this supposed to be fun/entertaining?
But by far the major offensive items is the new people! I can understand in 1492 that columbus didnt know the difference between Indian and Native American..but now??? Indians dont wear buckskin, use arrows...they use more silk material, wraps, and so on. PLEASE, PLEASE, correct this!
We asked for the indians of long ago, the ones that go with the tepees and wear the buckskins and carry bow and arrow... indians now are just like any other person and should not be called indians.. that is the big difference. We have the tepees and we wanted indians and cowboys of long ago... If you come to Texas you don't see the cowboys with the rifle under their arms or the streets riding a horse, but they are still cowboys even with silk shirts and chinos.
And poor old Christopher Columbus encountered many indians when he discover the Antilles, that was the only thing that lived there... there were no native Americans there, they were Indians...
Old Sep 30 2012, 09:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc View Post
Where do I find this link please and pretty please my farm has been soo slow loading and my mom is having the same problem when she changes farms mine or hers .... for me on my farm or her farm harvesting and plowing goes ok .. but when changing farms it just loads and sits ,, taking forever to load ..... and I clean cookies every day on Chrome and I have Norton run every night at 1 am and it cleans too ...

Maybe if I do this type of clean at least once it might help // ... Ok I found the post where it says to clear memecache click here .. and it just went to a page with a list running down ?? did this somehow clear my game ?? what did I miss doing ?? Yes I know nothing almost about computers lol ..
Yes that is what it is supposed to do. It clears the information data, so that the next time you load it will refresh that information on your computer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 30 2012, 10:47 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANHCTFL View Post
I am pulling a real DUH with the Farm Selector Manager. I am not new to the game & have never had a problem understanding the purpose or advantage of one of the new "tools" provided by the developers..until now. I have facilities & services spread over my first 11 farms. I post my facilities & services work to my neighbors through the facilities manager. I do all of my own harvesting/plowing & planting...my neighbors are not interested in this work as they have enough of their own, and I don't go to the marketplace to hire for various bad experiences in the past. Basically, I do everything myself on my farms. So, is there any advantage for me to use the farm selector manager? I see farmers who post about how excited they are about this...& I'm puzzled about the whiole thing....Any words of advice?? It stinks to get old!
The farm selector is for if you would want to move around your farms in different order, for example if you have a farm 9 and you would like it to be in the farm 1 position you could do that. Many people suggested a way to be able to move and switch farms so they made the farm selector.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 30 2012, 10:51 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
You are not alone, I have not even tried to understand it, I have been with the farms since 2009 and have not needed any of that so why fix it if it ain't broken. Will have to study it real good before I start messing with the Farm Selector... just another little icon on the tools department.. its like everybody is talking about the memcache... don't know what that is and would not even try to mess with it, when I went to look at it, it was all like made by the developers or somebody that programs the programs, so would not touch it with a 10 foot pole... I have a MAC and I don't have all those dodads that Microsoft has... I like my life simple and Mac does it for me. lol
The memcache has nothing to do with your computer it delete the Farm Town data for your farm from there servers in the same way that clearing the cache on the computer does.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 01 2012, 01:38 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Mags View Post
Raul and Devs. Just wanted to say, the new Boat is Awesome!! Thank a million
I agree! Hoping for the tools to chop and harvest trees, flowers and crops in one click too!

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Old Oct 01 2012, 01:51 AM

I look at it this way about the funeral home if it bothers you, its your choice NOT to buy it, I haven't a problem with it.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 01 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old Oct 01 2012, 04:08 AM

Lol - I agree ... it makes me shake my head though because in a few days people will be begging for coffins and skeletons for Halloween

Farming since: 14 December 2009
Closed Thread